Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    There are 2 commercials about "encouragement" on the air...one I enjoy, one I can't stand. I like the one with the little boy taking the stage at the concert, and playing Chopsticks. The pianist comes out and plays accompaniment as the boy continues..they both bow and it says "Encouragement, pass it on."
    The one I don't like is the mom trying her less than coordinated son in every sport imaginable only to have him fail horribly and finally he is on stage singing a solo as a now satisfied that he is competant mom looks on and smiles...like she actually accomplished something...grrrrr.

Grooving!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    He went to Jared's. He.went.to.Jared's. So big frickin' deal.
    Yeah, seriously. If he had any real class, he wouldn't be buying your engagement ring in a strip mall.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    My cat lost her collar outside one day. My husband found it and when I saw it was back on her, I said "hey, where did you find that?" He said "I went to Jared's."
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    What do y'all think about this commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOyMSEWNTs

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    I hate this commercial because it similar to what society seems to think is ok, pretty wins out everytime. Plus, I can't determine if the one girl is of a different ethnic background and that totally disturbs me as to the message sent.
    It hadn't even occurred to me to categorize the two girls like that. I was thinking the other day, maybe they cast the dark-haired girl that way because she was the better actress; I love the look she gives him. I guess it shows how oblivious I am sometimes.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    It hadn't even occurred to me to categorize the two girls like that. I was thinking the other day, maybe they cast the dark-haired girl that way because she was the better actress; I love the look she gives him. I guess it shows how oblivious I am sometimes.
    Maybe I am seeing too much - but if this middle class midwestern caucasian middle age woman wonders about it, I wonder who else views it that way.
    Last edited by numbers123; 01-05-2010 at 01:35 AM. Reason: too many wonders...:)

vCash

Cool *Want more ad-hating FUN?*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    Folgers Xmas commercial where homely sister is 5 seconds from making out with her somewhat less homely brother who just got back from Africa before their parents break it up
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    OMG!!! sssssoooooooo agree with you!! That commercial is utterly cringeworthy!! Do the Folgers people not see the innuendo seething thru that commercial that I do (and that you do too)?! If I drank coffee (which I don't) I would swear off Folgers forever because of that commercial. Its totally creepy!!
    I just watched this on utube......CRINGE! Of course, if that guy was my step-brother or first cousin....just sayin'

bird is the word
    vCash
    the Musenix(sp?) commerical with all the green cartoony Mucus things are really annoying.

and I am sure the "Slap Chop" has been mentioned in the past.
    "Life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead." - Homer Simpson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiery View Post
    I just watched this on utube......CRINGE! Of course, if that guy was my step-brother or first cousin....just sayin'
    OMG, so there. This came on the other day and the WTF??? look on my sister's face was hilarious. I don't know how anyone watched that and thought it was anything other than creepy.

vCash
    I HATE the Hillshire Farms commercials!

on my couch awaitin' Figure Skating season
    vCash
    Jamie Lee Curtis lost all her cred to me when she started shilling Activia. I detest all those commercials. I dont' care who has bowel problems.

I wonder if those commercials with the kids are filmed spontaneously. They really look it. The reactions are too pure for children that age.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zhenya271 View Post
    I HATE the Hillshire Farms commercials!
    You say HILLSHIRE! I say FARMS! Goooooooooooooooooooooooo MEAT!!!

I know, it's annoying!

Grooving!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    You say HILLSHIRE! I say FARMS! Goooooooooooooooooooooooo MEAT!!!

I know, it's annoying!
    I like those commercials.

vCash
    I hate the weight-loss commerical where the woman whose name I can't remember catches a football tossed from approximately 2 feet away--maybe less--and says, "Now, how many girls can do that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Any of the Kay Jewelry ads. totally cheesetastic.
    I agree, they might as well have a slogan that says "Diamonds get you laid"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
    I like those commercials.
    Well, annoying as they are, they are marginally better than those Encore TV dinner commercials with Richard Kind. Hey Richie, you are one of George Clooney's best buds - can't he get you work somewhere??

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    how come in the Ricola ads, the yodeler says it REE co la and then some nasal flat voiced American says it, ri COL a in the same ad?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    Maybe I am seeing too much - but if this middle class midwestern caucasian middle age woman wonders about it, I wonder who else views it that way.
    I never saw it that way either -- and I'm a mcmcmaw, too. Just call me clueless, I guess (or mcmcmaw) Seriously, though, I've just focussed on what a nasty trick the bait-and-switch is -- and my mother gets all about the "poor little kids that mean man tricks" as if they weren't all acting. I guess I'm rather hard-hearted as well (although I do have to change the channel or at least look away when the Sarah McLachlan humane society commercial comes on lest I suffer massive guilt for not sending 50% of my take-home pay to them).

vCash
    Count me among the ASPCA and Child Fund avoiders. I just love the part when the ASPCE tells you you'll get a photo of a pet in a shelter, as if that's something I'd want.

Hate the cavemen, kinda like the gecko.

I did a lot of coursework in marketing and have some professional experience from earlier in my career. I love looking at the ad blocks then letting my husband know the core demographic of the show we're watching. FWIW, news is white people over age 50, so that's where all the phama commercials go.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast