Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    Right now I'm kinda creeped out by the bangs on that little blond girl at the end of the Sun Chips eco-bag commercial. "That's Sun Chips' change. What will yours be?" and then she turns and departs with her mother. The bangs look like about 75% of her hair was pulled to the front, cut, dyed another color from the rest of her hair, and lacquered in place. Totally natural.
    I've never seen that commercial -- although I confess that I have bought an eco-bag of Sun Chips. About "unnatural" bangs -- I remember a rather strange girl in junior high whose "bangs" were the most bizarre ever -- they were folded, not cut. From the crown of her head they were combed forward, then folded back and held in place with an extra large barrette. The only reason that this was at all possible was that her hair was very oily and always looked as if it hadn't been washed in over a week.
    The ad I love more than any other right now is the Friskies Adventureland, where kitty goes through the cat door into kitty wonderland and then home again. I especially love the little boat the cat climbs aboard.
    I love that ad -- probably because the in it resembles my own quite a bit. I still won't buy Friskies cat food, though.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    If anyone ever tries to play Punch Buggy with me because of those g--d--- VW commercials they're gonna get punched, all right. (Though, okay, the one that ends with Stevie Wonder is funny.) It's only supposed to count with a VW BUG--not the new one, the OLD ones. Not every overpriced BMW-wannabe with a VW badge on it. (And if ANYONE ever does it when they see a Porsche, I don't CARE who owns whom, I will run them over with my car.)

vCash
    IIRC the reason the doctors wanted (maybe still do) a woman to have a blood test was because we could mis-read the results of a home pregnancy test.

vCash
    Those Progressive insurance ads with annoying "Flo" aired every 5 minutes it seems on any AOL radio station. Hate, hate, hate!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    Glad somebody resurrected this thread so that I can state how much I hate, Hate, HATE, HATE those Brawny paper towel commercials with the singing "Brawny guy" on the wrapper. Not only does the voice over not fit his face, I can't stand his looks! to whoever approved this commercial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    I totally hate those VW ads where one person punches another when they see a VW of a certain colour - it just grates on me and has made me certain never to buy a VW!!
    So very much WORD to both of these - they're like nails on a chalkboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Those Progressive insurance ads with annoying "Flo" aired every 5 minutes it seems on any AOL radio station. Hate, hate, hate!
    I must be one of the only people on the planet that isn't bothered by Flo the Progressive gal. Those commercials crack me up for the most part.

My latest commercial that drives me bonkers (and there's a "newer" version of it now) - the one for Kit-Kat, with a bunch of crunching and "mmmmm-ing" that "sings" the Break Me Off A Piece of that Kit Kat Bar" jingle. I pretty much despise having to listen to people making yummy orgasmic Mmmms and ahhhhs, etc. when eating anything (which goes a long way to why I don't like watching a lot of cooking shows, even though I love to cook).

on my couch awaitin' Figure Skating season
    vCash
    I'm w/Cyn, I hate food smacking sounds. Uncouth.

I hate that commerical for Strive gum, where they knock people out to get their gum. "Chew another piece already" It's non-sensical and mean.

Lastly and again, Jamie Lee Curtis & those Activia commercials. They are just getting worse & worse.

I do love the most recent Kotex commercial where the girl makes fun of all the commercials "on my third day I just want to dance & twirl" So true, so true, even if it is selling Kotex in colored wrapping.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    Ocean Spray guys standing in the cranberry bog - yeah, that's really gonna get me to buy your product. TMI, TMI.
    I love those guys--they crack me up. "Your Wednesday just freed up"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I must be one of the only people on the planet that isn't bothered by Flo the Progressive gal. Those commercials crack me up for the most part.
    I like Flo too--she's a hoot. There was a brief article about her in the Parade magazine a month or so ago. She has a cat.
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I can't stand the punch someone when you see a VW commercials. They make me want to punch someone.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    So very much WORD to both of these - they're like nails on a chalkboard.

You're not. I don't mind Flo either. Then again, I also like the wind-up doll in the Pristiq ad. I think it's a good analogy for the way clinical depression can sap your energy and joie de vivre.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Oh man, how could I forget the most obnoxious commercial airing right now?

It's the one for Staples, with the idiot guy screaming "THAT'S A LOW PRICE!!!!" at the top of his lungs in a really grating voice. If that weren't bad enough, he gets another guy (IIRC wasn't he in the movie Sideways?) screaming the same thing.

Hate. HATE. HAAAAAAAAAAATE.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by suep1963 View Post
    I love those guys--they crack me up. "Your Wednesday just freed up"
    Yes, and if you're bothered by people standing in the bog....uh, never look up how they grow cranberries.

I like Flo too--she's a hoot. There was a brief article about her in the Parade magazine a month or so ago. She has a cat.
    I don't find her nearly as annoying as some people, apparently. My dance pro HATES those commercials, for example. I find them mildly amusing. (I still have Geico, though.)

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    I can't think of any off the top of my head right now that I don't like.. but there is one that I think is quite humorous. It's a Shaw Cable commercial about contracts.

There's a big guy made out of contract paper sitting on the couch and the woman comes home with groceries and the paper guy gets up and says "let me help you with that.." and the woman says something like "oh you're so sweet.. can you believe it's been 3 months?" and the paper guy drops the groceries and is like "Really? Go make me a sandwich." and she's like "what happened to the contract I fell in love with?" and he says "He's right here.. and he wants a sandwich.." and the woman is like "You're a mean, mean contract!"

Anyway it sounds stupid but I find it hilarious. My SIL kids have taken to saying that to her whenever she gets mad at them "mom you're a mean mean contract"

vCash
    I kind of think Flo is funny :

There is a new commerical for Qwest cable/internet/phone that is very annoying. The guy is beyond parnoid. Thinking that Qwest is spying on him now that he made the switch.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    OMG.. speaking of commercials. You know the Sidekicks ad where they're advertising that you don't need salt and it shows the cute little salt shaker looking through the window at the happy family and he starts crying salt? Yeah.. we just got those salt and pepper shakers in the mail! We ordered them a couple months ago when we bought a bunch of Sidekicks. My boyfriend just texted me to let me know and sent a picture.. they are so cute haha!

vCash
    Can't STAND Sloman's security! And they don't show just one commercial at a time! It's 2 or 3!
    The Verizon Fios vs Cable is up there too.

on my couch awaitin' Figure Skating season
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelleys6th View Post
    Can't STAND Sloman's security! And they don't show just one commercial at a time! It's 2 or 3!
    The Verizon Fios vs Cable is up there too.

I forgot about Sloman's. Here in NY the show the commercial at the same time in the same break on the 5-6:00 news. You can't change the channel, it just keeps going. God, I hate them.

vCash
    Anything to do with any of the Geico campaigns!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    There's a new one that I can't stand after seeing it eleventy billion times this weekend ... guy sitting on the bench by the ocean and all he can think is cigeratte, cigeratte, cigeratte, cigeratte, cigeratte, cigeratte, cigeratte, cigeratte, cigeratte .. oh I'll take this nicotine gum to take away my cravings .... oh wait, there's a SHARK knawing on my arm!!! GAWD I can't stand that commercial!!

vCash
    I really really hate the Yop commercial where all the kids are sleeping but "singing" that they want Yop.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    It seems like godaddy.com ads only play during major sports events, but I saw one yesterday during the Kentucky Derby broadcast and was reminded how much I loathe them. I can't believe that Danica Patrick appears in them - my opinion of her has dropped into the cellar because of it. She might as well be shilling for Hooters.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast