Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    I hate to say it, but the Sarah McLachlan commercials about the dogs. It makes me feel manipulated and played.

The Colonial Penn Insurance commercials with those boring old women. "Honey, it costs just as much to bury a woman as it does a MAN!".

Flo the Progressive Insurance lady - she should be tied to a pole so birds can peck at her liver. I think I mention her in every commercial snark thread, but they keep getting worse and worse. The first one or two were cute, now they are just obnoxious.

The one for the fried chicken restaurant, with the woman talking all stereotypical about how it is "her" chicken and how good it is...is it Church's or Popeye's? I hate both of their fried chicken anyway - the skin is gross and oily.

The Lexus holiday commercials; I find them blatantly materialistic and snobbish!

Any of the drug commercials that list all of the nasty side effects, including cancer and/or death!

Grooving!
    vCash
    Oh, I'm so glad to know I'm not alone in my hatred of some of these. I just despise the Restasis chick -- that flat, greasy-looking hair and the weird eyes. Who thought that hiring her for that commercial was a good idea?? And the Folgers commercial. I thought I was the only one who found it creepy. Also hate the "too heavy, too light" beer commercials. They're just stupid. Every time an ASPCA commercial comes on, I have to either leave the room or change the channel. They really bother me. I guess that's the point, but still ... making me feel like sh** isn't going to to get me to give you money. It's going to make me avoid you.

garden freak
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post
    Progressive , Restasis (I wish the real life doctor would wash her hair - it looks greasy), Empire carpets (hate the guy's voice)

Empire Carpet guy sounds like a lounge lizzard!

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    I love the Geico gecko , but agree that all of their other ads are horrendous...

I know what you mean about the Empire carpets guy's voice...it is smarmarific *cringe*.

Agree also, the ASPCA commercials are awful... I turn to another station whenever they come on, which I don't think is the general intention of a commercial.

The beer commercial (Miller?) touting "drinkability".
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    OK - the Catholic Charities commercials are equal to the Geiko ones, except they are trying to tell me that my soul needs saving and it can only be saved through the catholic church. as they ARE the church Christ founded.

GMAFB

4 More Years
    vCash
    I second the Folgers ads, but for all out creepy the Halls Refresh ad where the college boy offers his roommate's mother a lozenge and the two end up moaning and making eyes at each other. It's repulsive and creepy as all get out.
    Last edited by skatemomaz; 01-04-2010 at 05:37 PM.

vCash
    The blonde woman with the plastic smile and fake twinkling eyes with the squarish-triangular face selling life insurance or whatever insurance to seniors pretending like she's actually making a difference to the person on the other end

vCash
    Heh my basketball game wasn't televised earlier this year so I had to listen to it on the radio. Worst commercial I heard was done by CINDERELLA (it started with the same Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo from the movie and continued with Cinderella's voice). What did you think she was advertising? Shoes? pumpkins? No, Cinderella was advertising CAR SEATS. After a long lecture about the importance of putting your kid in a car seat, Cinderella followed up with "put your kid in a car seat and he/she can ALSO LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!!"

OK I get the importance of keeping your kid in a car seat when he/she is little, bu WTF.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnkle View Post
    On the other hand, I LOVE this one!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m56F4EKN9hg
    I love that one too - it's so clever and of course, the music is divine.

I cannot watch the ASPCA commericials. And I hate the Geico commercials all except the lizard one with the "temp."
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

on my couch awaitin' Figure Skating season
    vCash
    All of these, ITA, and love the description of killing Flo by having birds peck at her - funny.

The one I don't know if I despise or like is the smarmy guy taunting little kids, giving the homely child the toy pony & the pretty blond a real one; holding the little red haired girl hostage to cycling in a rectangle the size of a bike; taking away the little boy's truck & replacing it with the cardboard one. I don't even know what they are trying to sell. Their both sad & sweet, yet annoying on the 10 viewing.

Here in the NYC area they have a jewelry store named "Jerrods" and they run "he went to Jerrod's" commercials that are so, well, materialistic & like every woman is waiting for the man to buy her a ring. Detest them, especially the one where the GPS system holds they guy hostage for a necklace.

vCash
    I agree with most of these. I like the Geico gecko. Totally loathe the stupid cavemen though.

I also hate the Sarah McLachlan dog commercial... mostly cause I hate the song "Angel", though, to be perfectly honest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    That commercial with the woman who played Jackie on "Roseanne" about the little boy who has nothing in Africa or something. I'm sorry, I know its for charity, but her whining tone and near tears voice just CRINGE on me to no end. I can't even stand to watch that commercial AT ALL anymore and grab the remote and flip until that commercial is over.
    Oh, thank God I'm not the only one. I feel so guilty whenever that commercial comes on because it creeps me out so much I have to change the channel. I know it's for a good charity and the kids really are very needy, but that overly weepy voice just comes across as so cloyingly manipulative that it absolutely makes my skin crawl.

I also hate the one for some constipation pill (I forget which one) where the woman is sitting with her mother and chirps "My mom helped me! She helped me with my problem!" and then acts all appalled when her mother says that she recommended a pill for constipation because "that's what moms do".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
    Every time an ASPCA commercial comes on, I have to either leave the room or change the channel. They really bother me. I guess that's the point, but still ... making me feel like sh** isn't going to to get me to give you money. It's going to make me avoid you.
    It got me to give them money....$18 a month. But I've always supported animal charities.

There was some life insurance commercial, and the guy was like, "I'll do it tomorrow," and the woman says, "But what if something happens to you? What'll happen to me and the kids?" And everytime, I scream at the TV and say, "You'll get an effing job, that's what'll happen, like millions of other women have had to do." Gah. I hate helpless women.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I am sick of the ATT rollover minutes family too.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I also hate the Comcast vs. Verizon one with the big red-headed actor in it!!! Once again, beating a dead horse! He has hosted a show on AMC, and I like him less and less every time I see him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubak View Post
    Here in the NYC area they have a jewelry store named "Jerrods" and they run "he went to Jerrod's" commercials that are so, well, materialistic & like every woman is waiting for the man to buy her a ring. Detest them, especially the one where the GPS system holds they guy hostage for a necklace.
    We get that in VA too, but I think it's Jared's

4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    I think the ad is nationwide because I see it in Arizona all.the.time. Annoys me no end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubak View Post
    The one I don't know if I despise or like is the smarmy guy taunting little kids, giving the homely child the toy pony & the pretty blond a real one
    I hate this commercial because it similar to what society seems to think is ok, pretty wins out everytime. Plus, I can't determine if the one girl is of a different ethnic background and that totally disturbs me as to the message sent.

Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    He went to Jared's. He.went.to.Jared's. So big frickin' deal.

vCash
    What do y'all think about this commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOyMSEWNTs

vCash
    I hate the one for the Dr. Scholls (sp?) skin tag removal kit. It just grosses me out for some reason.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast