Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 269
  1. #21
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    At the Christmas Bizarre
    Posts
    38,124
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    44523
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    His wife is absolutely, stunningly gorgeous.
    Yes, because it's much more understandable when men cheat on ugly women. They have a good reason.

    Like they say, when you see someone absolutely stunningly gorgeous, you know that someone, somewhere is tired of that person's crap.

    Not that any of this is Elin's fault. But really, how long do you think you can look at a person before you don't see them any more? And if you have a guy whose entire emotion toward a woman is based on her looks, how faithful do you think someone that shallow is going to be?
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

  2. #22
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,038
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    30931
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post

    Like they say, when you see someone absolutely stunningly gorgeous, you know that someone, somewhere is tired of that person's crap.
    I was about to quote a slightly different version of that saying...
    Show me a beautiful girl and I will show you a guy who is tired of...
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Looking for cupcakes
    Posts
    30,765
    vCash
    5550
    Rep Power
    0
    i don't think it matters at all IF I forgive him. What would matter is if Elin forgives him - but that is her decision and hers alone. But then I am not a golf fan.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the rink of course!
    Posts
    3,212
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Yes, because it's much more understandable when men cheat on ugly women. They have a good reason.

    Like they say, when you see someone absolutely stunningly gorgeous, you know that someone, somewhere is tired of that person's crap.

    Not that any of this is Elin's fault. But really, how long do you think you can look at a person before you don't see them any more? And if you have a guy whose entire emotion toward a woman is based on her looks, how faithful do you think someone that shallow is going to be?
    Elin never seemed to have her own agenda. She seemed content being wife and mom and supporting her husband which in my eyes made her even more beautiful. She could have tried to get her family on staff but they also seem very independant. She could of used Tiger's fame and $ to advance her own causes which she did not do. Plus I used to think Tiger is quite hot so it could go both ways...
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

  5. #25
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    At the Christmas Bizarre
    Posts
    38,124
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    44523
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    Elin never seemed to have her own agenda. She seemed content being wife and mom and supporting her husband which in my eyes made her even more beautiful. She could have tried to get her family on staff but they also seem very independant. She could of used Tiger's fame and $ to advance her own causes which she did not do.
    Again, it's not her fault Tiger cheated on her. But you're basically saying that you know nothing about her, but from seeing her pictures and video clips, you've leaped to a few conclusions about her.

    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    Plus I used to think Tiger is quite hot so it could go both ways...
    Hence the reason I didn't use the word "woman" in what I said.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the rink of course!
    Posts
    3,212
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Again, it's not her fault Tiger cheated on her. But you're basically saying that you know nothing about her, but from seeing her pictures and video clips, you've leaped to a few conclusions about her.



    Hence the reason I didn't use the word "woman" in what I said.
    If I thought Papa Earl handpicked Elin and arranged the whole thing than I might agree. But Tiger did this all of his own choosing. He chose to mess up Elin's life and his children. So no psycho babble is going to explain why he put them at risk... sorry.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    Posts
    3,807
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2088
    Let's not leave out the women who chose to date and sleep with a man they knew was married. I'm sure his fame and money (sorry-he does nothing for me in the looks department, but that's just me) "bought" them. They aren't 4exactly innocent either. Do I fault them as much as him? Actually, yes I do.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the rink of course!
    Posts
    3,212
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Let's not leave out the women who chose to date and sleep with a man they knew was married. I'm sure his fame and money (sorry-he does nothing for me in the looks department, but that's just me) "bought" them. They aren't 4exactly innocent either. Do I fault them as much as him? Actually, yes I do.
    But the peeps that are saying that because I said Elin is beautiful are saying that El Tigre had enough of beauty and went over to scum. Well one of his cocktail waitresses didn't even know who we was at the time. Flame me all you want...
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

  9. #29
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    At the Christmas Bizarre
    Posts
    38,124
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    44523
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    If I thought Papa Earl handpicked Elin and arranged the whole thing than I might agree. But Tiger did this all of his own choosing. He chose to mess up Elin's life and his children. So no psycho babble is going to explain why he put them at risk... sorry.
    Agree with what exactly? This?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Again, it's not her fault Tiger cheated on her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Not that any of this is Elin's fault.
    I said you don't know anything about Elin and have no reason to idealize her. In what way does that mean that Tiger didn't make his choices and has to take responsibility for them?
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    Posts
    3,807
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2088
    I'm not faulting you skatemommy. No verbal Rubik's Cubes from me. Merry Christmas!

  11. #31

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the rink of course!
    Posts
    3,212
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    I'm not faulting you skatemommy. No verbal Rubik's Cubes from me. Merry Christmas!
    Merry Christmas Holley! Please post dance pics soon!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

  12. #32

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    5,924
    vCash
    470
    Rep Power
    11580
    From what Jesper Parnevik has said, and he should know, there was no indication that there were problems in the marriage until this fall. I suspect, like all of us, Elin picked up that something wasn't quite right and started poking and being less tolerant of Tiger. You know that feeling that something is off? She got it. From Jesper's account, she's the kind of person who tells it like it is and has a bit of a temper, certainly not Saint Elin.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    nj/ny
    Posts
    1,429
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It doesn't matter if Elin is fugly or the most beautiful woman in the world. It's just like the articles that wondered why Scott Peterson could ever do such a thing to the lovely, sweet Laci. In the end it;s about the cheater, and his own issues, be it with commitment, women, sex, fidelity, or emotional maturity.

  14. #34
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    At the Christmas Bizarre
    Posts
    38,124
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    44523
    Quote Originally Posted by canbelto View Post
    It doesn't matter if Elin is fugly or the most beautiful woman in the world. It's just like the articles that wondered why Scott Peterson could ever do such a thing to the lovely, sweet Laci. In the end it;s about the cheater, and his own issues, be it with commitment, women, sex, fidelity, or emotional maturity.
    Absolutely. But comments like that also tell you a lot about the person who makes them.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

  15. #35

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    17,608
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    From what Jesper Parnevik has said, and he should know, there was no indication that there were problems in the marriage until this fall. I suspect, like all of us, Elin picked up that something wasn't quite right and started poking and being less tolerant of Tiger. You know that feeling that something is off? She got it. From Jesper's account, she's the kind of person who tells it like it is and has a bit of a temper, certainly not Saint Elin.
    By all accounts, even many saints have had tempers.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

  16. #36

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    Posts
    3,807
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2088
    And when you give a saint a really good reason to lose his/her temper, the saint just shows their own humanity, I suppose, by taking a driver to husband's face. I'd think a lot less of Elin if she just sat back and did nothing and let him get away with it. Spinelessness and sainthood are not mutually exclusive. To do nothing borders on victimhood, although I am not advocating physical violence. (I'd personally would have taken the golf clubs to a region of his body further south.)

  17. #37

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    5,924
    vCash
    470
    Rep Power
    11580
    The next week should be very interesting. In most years, players travel travel to Hawaii with their families for a bit of vacation before the SBS that starts on 1/4. This will be the first opportunity for the Tour Wives (caps, it's an association) players, and caddies to get together since Clubgate. I'll be watching for what's said, or not said.

    Needless to say, I suspect most players are getting the "if you even seem to be supporting Tiger, I'll kill you" speech from their wives.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

  18. #38
    From the Bloc
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    California, I wish
    Posts
    17,300
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    10397
    Quote Originally Posted by talulabell View Post
    This has been my question since everything was just rumors! Does he think that email and text messages are wisps of smoke that just disappear after you send them??? I mean, it's not like he chose "classy" discreet women to have flings with. He chose reality stars and cocktail waitresses who wanted to be actresses. Was he looking to be blasted of that pedestal?
    Exactly - I've been saying this all along, and was just discussing this very point with family over the holidays. How could someone so very in control of his game and his professional life and (to date) his public persona be so reckless?

    Two potential answers as I see it: one is the god complex - he's Tiger, he's super human, he can get away with things others can't (which is what I think is behind the infidelity of politicians in most cases).

    Two is that somewhere inside, he wanted to get caught. He wanted off the Tiger train and didn't know how to stop it, so emotionally, he became more and more reckless. I do maintain that in some ways, part of Tiger is actually a bit relieved now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I think Tiger's going to have it harder. For some, Vick's conviction and jail time, suspension from the NFL, plus the apology that seems to be heartfelt, put him in the "debt to society paid" category.
    I will never forgive Vick. He's scum.

  19. #39
    From the Bloc
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    California, I wish
    Posts
    17,300
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    10397
    Another thought to throw out there - at one family event in the past few days, I asked the questions, "what does Tiger owe Elin, and what does Elin deserve?"

    My thinks-of-herself-as-an-ultrafeminist-but-in-reality-is-more-June-Cleaver-than-Gloria-Steinem MIL was adamant that Elin should take the kids to Sweden and Tiger should not be able to see them for five years. Her logic is that he's done severe damage to the kids by causing their mother stress, including during pregnancy, and that he cannot be anywhere near them during this critical time in their development.

    I'd be interested to hear other views on this opinion.

  20. #40

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the rink of course!
    Posts
    3,212
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Another thought to throw out there - at one family event in the past few days, I asked the questions, "what does Tiger owe Elin, and what does Elin deserve?"

    My thinks-of-herself-as-an-ultrafeminist-but-in-reality-is-more-June-Cleaver-than-Gloria-Steinem MIL was adamant that Elin should take the kids to Sweden and Tiger should not be able to see them for five years. Her logic is that he's done severe damage to the kids by causing their mother stress, including during pregnancy, and that he cannot be anywhere near them during this critical time in their development.

    I'd be interested to hear other views on this opinion.
    A friend of mine was recently widowed with small children. They cry out for their daddy... I don't think it would be best (JMO).
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •