Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindSpirit View Post
    I heard about it, too. So when I saw the news on Yahoo, I thought it was either that or an eating disorder. And she was only 32. Very sad. Even sadder after they brought up the interview she gave on Dec 3, where she said she'd like to have a child next year.

R.I.P., Brittany.
    That is heartbreaking....she was thinking of starting her family.

vCash
    It is very sad news. Whatever the reason medically, it feels very sudden and way too soon for her to be gone. She was quite talented and from all accounts a very nice young woman.

I loved her in Don't Say a Word and I enjoyed her with Drew Barrymore in Riding in Cars with Boys. The scene at the wedding where she and Drew are left alone as the guys party and the adults all act upset that the wedding is taking place cracks me up.

vCash
    Wow. Loved her in Clueless.

Will hold off on commenting on the cause, but when I saw her in a 'too thin' spread in a magazine recently (with the upthread photo used), I was stunned at how bony she was.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    From a link on Yahoo about what about other celebrities said about her death:

Kathy Najimy, Brittany's co-star in the FOX animated series "King of The Hill" had a strong reaction.

"wrked w/& knew Brittany 4 14 years (& plyed her mom once as well) sweetst most talnted angel who got hked up w/ wrng people. we love u brit," Kathy reportedly wrote on Sunday.

"so sad this is truly a waste. feeling regret we didnt' do more. i love you so much Brittany and always will," she added.
    The text speak is horrible, but she does say something about hooking up with the wrong people. That may have started all Brittany's problems. I remember reading some time ago about how much she changed and in a very bad way. I was hoping she'd find her way eventually. Never expected her to die so young.

vCash
    They probably quoted her twitter. The press has an awful habit of doing that lately.

vCash
    Really sad news, such a young woman.
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

vCash
    My first thought was drugs too..how horrible. My thoughts go out to her family.

I loved her in Clueless and she was funny in Drop Dead Gorgeous, one of my favorite movies ever.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by backspin View Post
    "Love & Other Disasters" is one of my favorite movies. She was so talented; what a shame.
    I watched that movie not long ago and loved it! In fact she's one of the few actresses I can honestly say I've liked everything she's been in.. she was quite talented and somewhat under rated IMO. So so sad

vCash
    I'll always remember her as Luann from King of the Hill. RIP.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    So devastating! I will really miss her! It's so sad to think she may be another Hollywood cautionary tale though we still don't know all the details yet. She did seem very troubled the past couple of years.
    I dunno, after she got married, she wasn't really paparazzi fodder anymore so I thought she had everything together. So young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobalina77 View Post
    she was quite talented and somewhat under rated IMO. So so sad
    ITA!

vCash
    I googled her husband, Simon Monjack,this morning after hearing of her death and wouldn't be surprised if he was somehow involved (e.g. providing her with drugs, encouraging her unhealthy lifestyle). The craziest thing is that the things I read about him were written back in 2007 when she surprised everyone and got married. Sounds like he was an extremely shady character and this may be what Kathy Najimy was alluding to when she mentioned hooking up with the wrong crowd. So sad.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    I dunno, after she got married, she wasn't really paparazzi fodder anymore so I thought she had everything together. So young.
    That's what I thought too.. you never heard anything about her which is why this is such a shock to me.

vCash
    I actually said, "What the f*ck" when I saw this on my FB feed a few minutes ago. Then I was trying to remember why I'd just seen her name mentioned recently, and it was unfortunately because of the rumors mentioned already.
    She seemed like such a complete sweetheart. I'm so sorry her life got so messed up and ended this way.

vCash
    She was actually in the tabloids in just the past two weeks. Perez Hilton and some of the tabloids reported that she was fired from her latest film and kicked off the set for "erratic behavior" about two weeks ago, and there were stories about her husband getting into fights on the set as well. She responded with a statement saying she actually quit the movie over "creative differences".

vCash
    Brittany's husband doesn't want an autopsy. Which seems rather odd...you would think he would want to the know the cause of death for someone so young.

Her mother told the paramedics she had diabetes.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/20/britta...autopsy-death/

vCash
    I read a couple reports that her husband opposes an autopsy being performed. Makes ya wonder. How sad

^You beat me to it

vCash
    I believe in some states, by law there has to be an autopsy when someone dies under mysterious circumstances, meaning when the deceased was not under a doctor's immediate care. Poor thing. Her mother/parents need to know.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Sounds like the husband wish will be ignored by the county coroner.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I know that in my home state an autopsy is required when someone dies and there isn't a doctor/medical personnel present. We went through that when my mother died almost 12 years ago. It was horrible because my father was who found her and he was treated like a criminal. It turned out that she died of cardiac arrest as well, and she was a young woman, only 49. It is my guess that there is going to be an autopsy whether the husband wants one or not.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast