Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Being a successful actor has to be included as one of the risk factors for various health problems. IMO, of course.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Banned Member
    vCash
    I'm thinking it was eating disorder related. How sad.

vCash
    I forgot to include King of the Hill. She always cracked me up in that.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandana View Post
    I'm thinking it was eating disorder related. How sad.
    Yes, I am thinking drugs, eating disorder or both. If it's drugs, they'll find them but in case of an eating disorder they may find nothing specific.

ETA-from her bio. I didn't know this:
    Family
    Father: Angelo Bertolotti. an Italian American racketeering criminal; has had little contact with her father since her parents divorced
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Wow, her poor family.

It does sound like something was up with her, though--she's looked unhealthy for the past few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy74 View Post
    I think her husband was rushed to the hospital not that long ago, too, for some reason.
    Officially it was stated he had an asthmatic crisis.

I'm surprised of the news, she was a nice actress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by canbelto View Post
    I'm thinking drugs too. Or anorexia, considering how frighteningly thin she looked in recent years. But such a shame. She was talented and seemed like a pleasant person.
    I was thinking the same thing. Drugs or eating disorder, or a combination of both. How sad. She really was a talented actress. But, in addition she was someone's daughter, sister (?), friend, what a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Was this really necessary? Can't we just be sorry that the poor girl passed away?
    I'm not sure if what you are objecting to is discussion of how she may have died. I don't like to see other's misfortunes and people's passing turned into entertainment. But if she did die from an eating disorder and/or drug use, one can hope that maybe she could save someone else, in her situation.

So young, so sad .

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    So devastating! I will really miss her! It's so sad to think she may be another Hollywood cautionary tale though we still don't know all the details yet. She did seem very troubled the past couple of years. I think I may have a Brittany Murphy marathon now . . . I feel like I have every movie she acted in. She was so talented and I was a fan of her work. I'm totally in a bad mood now.

vCash
    RIP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I'm not sure if what you are objecting to is discussion of how she may have died. I don't like to see other's misfortunes and people's passing turned into entertainment. But if she did die from an eating disorder and/or drug use, one can hope that maybe she could save someone else, in her situation.

So young, so sad .
    I understand how overedge feels; some people are sensitive to talk like that. But yeah, obviously as a celeb/public figure, people are going to be interested in how she died.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I understand how overedge feels; some people are sensitive to talk like that. But yeah, obviously as a celeb/public figure, people are going to be interested in how she died.
    Most importantly, this is an untimely death. That always draws speculation, celebrity or not.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    She looked alarmingly thin in that picture.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Oh how sad. I loved her in Clueless. RIP
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I really liked Brittany in Uptown Girls with Dakota Fanning. And she was really great in Don't Say A Word with Michael Douglas.

While I'm in this thread, I just want to join the camp of those who wish people would keep rumours and stories to themselves in regards to someone who has just lost their life when the hospital/medical staff haven't even made any statements in regards to the cause of death.

At least wait until a person is buried before the gossip-mongering begins. The poor lady just died!

vCash
    She was great in "Don't say a word". A friend and I watched that movie on DVD didn't know who she was but were incredibly impressed with her talent.

Very sad.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    wow! completely unexpected to me. she was such a cute, tiny little thing. and so very talented. what a loss. R.I.P

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Well, if she died because of drug abuse and/or eating disorders, I'd like to see some confirmation of that before using her sad story as an example. But what I was also objecting to was using someone's passing as an excuse to rant about the differences between US and Canadian drug laws.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    How sad. I loved her in 'Clueless', too. RIP.
    Me too.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Sad, very sad.
    I've heard rumors of her drug use for years now....wish someone had been able to reach out to her. Poor thing. What a waste.
    I heard about it, too. So when I saw the news on Yahoo, I thought it was either that or an eating disorder. And she was only 32. Very sad. Even sadder after they brought up the interview she gave on Dec 3, where she said she'd like to have a child next year.

R.I.P., Brittany.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast