Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

vCash
    I'm thrilled for Susan, but also for Casey Jo Magee from Arkansas for taking second. I wish Sarah Shire had stayed on the beam so that she could have been up there in the all around.

I watched both sessions. The first session was really exciting. I do not think UCLA performed anywhere near there best on beam and bars so I hope they can deliver tonight in the finals. I truly believe it to be between UCLA, Alabama, and Florida at this point. Utah could sneak in there, but I think it would take sub par performance from the aforementioned trio.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I'm thrilled for Susan, but also for Casey Jo Magee from Arkansas for taking second. I wish Sarah Shire had stayed on the beam so that she could have been up there in the all around.
    Actually, there is a big controversy surrounding Shire's bar routine. It isn't her fault but the judges. During her routine she made a glaring error and did not cast to handstand. Must have been a mental lapse because she has not made the error all season. She barely cast to horizontal and did her overshoot which didn't even come close to a handstand. This is in the rulebooks as a flat .3 deduction. One judge took the deduction giving her a 9.6 but the other three all gave her high enough scores to average a 9.875. So, while I am not happy she fell on beam, I am happy she didn't win or get top 3 because of a glaring judges error. I hope those judges are reprimanded, there is no excuse to miss something like that (almost every knowledgeable fan in the audience noticed and is talking about it) and it makes people suspicious. I think I would have wondered there reasoning if this had been a UGA gymnast or a gymnast with a bigger reputation for overscores. As it is, I hope they just didn't pay attention but all 3 of them!? You have to wonder if they were cheering for her to win...
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Okay, now I don't feel bad for Shire. I missed her bars routine because I was watching Survivor and the second session at the same time. I do have to say that I did see some very inconsistent judging on bars yesterday with the handstands. Some people were nailed and some let slide.

I'm just now going to pull for Marissa King or Brittani McCullough to take the floor title now and hope that UCLA can pull off the team title.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Final Results

1 UCLA 197.725
    2 Oklahoma 197.250
    3 Alabama 197.225
    4 Stanford 197.100
    5 Florida 197.000
    6 Utah 196.225

Wow, the scores are pretty great for all six of the teams so it had to be so tense for all of them the whole night! UCLA totally rocked on everything and it looks like the lowest score they dropped was a 9.725. That's insane! I'm glad that everyone did so well though and I'm really excited that Hollie did so well there. She has to be proud of how she's ending her collegiate career. I cannot wait to see this meet on TV!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Event Final Results

Hollie was second in both the bars final and FX final!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    LSU kicked butt tonight! Susan won beam with a near perfect routine scoring 9.962! She finished 2nd on vault and 4th on bars. Hubbard finished 2nd on bars and IMO should have won or tied for the title but I am biased!

McCool had 3 wobbles on beam and still got 2nd place. Unreal! Looks like UGA is over scored even when they only send one gymnast.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567