Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    dry shampoo - does anyone have one that is dark enough for thick, dark brown (almost black) hair? whenever i use even the dark haired formula, it still looks like i've put baby powder on my hair in an attempt to make me look older for a school play.

thanks!
    I've had this problem too. I have this Bumble and Bumble stuff that works pretty well, but it's not perfect. It's just the plight of us really dark-haired people...hair companies tend to forget about us.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Thanks, ladies

cruisin, I wanna get the Soul Owner Foot Cream - it has mood enhancers!!!

One of my resolutions is to take better care of my feet. I want to wear sandals and flip-flops this summer, but it ain't happening if the dogs ain't alright NOW...

IMO, feets are the least attractive part of a person. I obsess over bad dogs, especially my own.
    Skin recycles itself pretty regularly - you'd only have to start scrubbing a few weeks before summer.

My roommate swears by L'Occitane's foot cream. It's on the pricey side but...yeah. She swears by it.

Socks definitely help, but be careful. My feet are apt to get itchy when they're socked all the time (fungus! Nooo!), so I personally try to avoid socks whenever it's warm and my feet sweat. My bf is constantly wearing socks and his feet are fine, but he only wears wool, which wicks away sweat. Cotton absorbs sweat and it sticks next to your skin. Not good.
    Last edited by Anita18; 12-17-2009 at 05:03 PM.

vCash
    Thanks, Andora.

Sometimes I use Vaseline, but that can be messy. And I'm also too cheap to spend the $$$ on those creams - they can get pricey.

Guess I'd better shell out some dough, then...
    Rex. I use vasoline (and a lot of it) and then put on 2 pairs of socks and go to bed. When I wake up I have the softest feet.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    the kind of sloughing (is that the right word) that they do when you get your pedicure became illegal in PA as of 1/09 so a pedicure wouldnt be as helpful as it used to be

I'm sure there are salons still doing it but I would be leery about a salon that wasnt concerned getting fined
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Best Bath Store has a really great foot scrub. It's got a bunch of oils so it will soften your feet immediately. You can also order 5 decently-sized samples from there for the cost of shipping ($7).

http://www.bestbathstore.com/dead-se...ea-foot-scrub/

I love their Lemon Lime lip balm. It's an even better version of Fresh's Sugar lip treatment, for a tenth of the price.

vCash

vCash
    Thanks, ladies

cruisin, I wanna get the Soul Owner Foot Cream - it has mood enhancers!!!
    Yeah, me too. Will it give me "happy feet"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Yeah, me too. Will it give me "happy feet"?
    Happy feet are smooth feet!

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Socks definitely help, but be careful. My feet are apt to get itchy when they're socked all the time (fungus! Nooo!), so I personally try to avoid socks whenever it's warm and my feet sweat. My bf is constantly wearing socks and his feet are fine, but he only wears wool, which wicks away sweat. Cotton absorbs sweat and it sticks next to your skin. Not good.
    My feet have the same issue as yours Anita.. I've found that bamboo socks are fantastic! I got a bunch at Walmart (their George Line has them at a decent price) I highly recommend! They're the only socks that don't make my feet feel like they're suffocating

Caulkhead forever
    vCash
    No doubt most people will find this horribly gross, but... I deal with the hard skin on my heels by having a good soak in a hot bath and then simply scraping at it with my fingernails. I have a foot file that I use at the end to get it more evenly smooth, but it's by far the most effective way I've found for really getting into the deep layers of it.

And if they're really dry I slap on a bit of Lush Dream Cream after, but that's my answer to everything

vCash
    Any facial wash recommendations for a girl like me with dry skin? I borrow washes from my siblings but they have oily skin so once my face is clean, my skin is dry and flaking almost immediately!

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    I don't think I could buy one of those ped eggs.. the ads gross me out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indra486 View Post
    Any facial wash recommendations for a girl like me with dry skin? I borrow washes from my siblings but they have oily skin so once my face is clean, my skin is dry and flaking almost immediately!
    The Body Shop's aloe line for sensitive skin is great. My mom likes their vitamin e line.

(I swear I don't work at or have stock in The Body Shop! I just love their skin care stuff!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indra486 View Post
    I like this a lot.

http://www.lancome-usa.com/skincare/...e-radiance.htm

It even gets eye make-up off easily.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    I would really love to try that....I think it would feel amazing!
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    I would really love to try that....I think it would feel amazing!
    more like the intro to the next Scream movie
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    I've seen a story on the fish pedicure thing and I don't think I could do it. I hate swimming in the ocean cause I'm afraid of fish nibbling on my toes.. I can't imagine paying for it

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    it makes every fiber of my germphobic being quiver with fear

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobalina77 View Post
    I've seen a story on the fish pedicure thing and I don't think I could do it. I hate swimming in the ocean cause I'm afraid of fish nibbling on my toes.. I can't imagine paying for it
    There are hundreds of minnows that swim around us at my parents cottage, so I've grown up with them nearby. You can feel them brushing against your legs. They're cute....until you stab them with a hook to catch a bigger fish.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    Dead skin doesn't faze me at all (I've been dealing with it my whole life, so one learns to suck it up and let it go after awhile). But a fish pedi, with living creatures EATING my dead skin...

*cue the gag reflex*

Oh. Gag. Ew. No. Just...no.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast