Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    It will get better with every use! Yay for Hedwig!
    I'm so glad you love it and it worked for you. If it hadn't I'd have felt awful for you going to so much trouble!
    Thanks! I would have been glad with a tip anyway, even if it hadn't worked. I just have to try things and see how they go with my hair.
    It doesn't really lie that much better I think but my hair feels much silkier! Even my boyfriend commented on the fact that now my hair couldn't be sold as a shaving brush anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    Hedwig, where did you get it? Did you have to have it smuggled across the border?
    I got it from the UK. Cost only about 3$ in delivery. So great.

Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    It's fab, isn't it? Just remember not to use very much, or your hair will feel heavy. Did you get the tube or the bottle with the pump? I buy the pump and I only need one pump and a little bit more for my shoulder length hair. Maybe about the size of a grape.
    I got the one with the pump. Thanks for the tip. I used two pumps yesterday so I will tone it down today.

For Christmas I have been to Douglas yesterday and brought three items from Lancome (mascara, blush and one little bath bubble) and paid nearly 70€.
    The mascara better be worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    Are you near Buffalo? I swear it was a Perfumania in Tonawanda (??) that I found most of my old NYX stuff at years ago. They had EVERYTHING. If it's the same outlet mall, I'm glad to hear it has lots of NYX still.
    Yes, I'm in a northern suburb. I never knew about a Perfumania in Tonawanda - perhaps you're thinking of the Niagara Falls outlet? That's actually just called "Fragrance Outlet", I looked it up. There's only a Perfumania at Walden Galleria, which is east of the city in Cheektowaga, and I have no idea if they carry NYX (but it'd be awesome).

A location in Tonawanda would be amazing, because Galleria is right now, and the outlet mall is a bit of a hike for me. And dangerous because they have a CCO with lots of cheap MAC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Thanks! I would have been glad with a tip anyway, even if it hadn't worked. I just have to try things and see how they go with my hair.
    It doesn't really lie that much better I think but my hair feels much silkier! Even my boyfriend commented on the fact that now my hair couldn't be sold as a shaving brush anymore.
    It will improve even more after a few uses.

It is!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    For Christmas I have been to Douglas yesterday and brought three items from Lancome (mascara, blush and one little bath bubble) and paid nearly 70€.
    I did the Euro to dollar conversion in my head and even that seems steep for 3 Lancome products. Or perhaps it has been awhile since I bought Lancome but I don't remember it ever costing close to $140 for a mascara, blush, and bath bubbles.

vCash
    70€ are about $100. Still a lot.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    Ok, Glamour Puss also means fabulous shoes, right???

So, I gave in. I got myself a pair of 3inch (I'm 1,80m after all ) pair of simple leather, pale beige high heels. Not cheap (for my standarts anyway...). I am LOVING how they make my legs look longer and that they actually match my skin color. Nothing like a nnice pair of shoes to make a gal feel better (do I sense a little Carrie Bradshaw syndrom ? )

So, any shoe shopping for the Holidays???

And, oh: Merry Christhmas, Glamour Puss !!!!

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Nope no shoe shopping.. but boyfriend got me the MAC eyeshadow compact that I wanted! Also a beautiful pair of earrings (from an actual jewelry store!) and a crap load of other stuff that has nothing to do with beauty but was super cool none the less haha. He spoiled me.. again

vCash
    Mr. Stormy unexpectedly gave me a $50 E-giftcard to Sephora! Now I can splurge on my Bliss Naked Body Butter!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I'm now the proud owner of a $75.00 giftcard to use at Ulta . The is going to be deciding what to get .

Mom also got me Ralph Lauren's Romance gift set - 3.4 oz. parfum, 3.4 oz. each of lotion and bath gel, and a miniature of the parfum .

Has anyone here ever used Neutrogena's battery-operated skin buffer/exfoliator? MiniCyn wants one of those, and before I drop $25 US on one, I'd like to know if it's worth it.
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post

Has anyone here ever used Neutrogena's battery-operated skin buffer/exfoliator? MiniCyn wants one of those, and before I drop $25 US on one, I'd like to know if it's worth it.
    I thought it was crap. Save your money. I don't really have an alternative to suggest, though.

vCash
    If anyone else is into LUSH...now is the time of year for their big blow-out sale on Christmas stuff (both online and in-store.)

This year it is buy 1, get 2 free.

I got 12 bathbombs + 3 bathmelts (bought a giftbox) for $40. Wheeeeeeee!!

I also did a little Sephora online shopping too. hehe!
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    No Sephora cards for me this year (probably because mom knows I've spent enough there of late ), but I see they're having a sale. But everyone's cards should go that much further, I'd think.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    Andora, did you get your gels?

vCash
    I did, but I was really dumb and went to a local cheapie salon. They grinded my nails (only a touch) and used glue for the tips. Shortly into the grinding I thought to leave, but talked to the technician and decided to suck it up and deal with my mistake.

They feel okay, and aren't too hard to use. I do want them off when I get back to work, though. Typing isn't so much fun. But they've done well so far.

vCash
    Ulta has Essie seasonal nail polishes on super-duper clearance! I got Sag Harbor and Shelter Island (spring) for $2 and Mint Candy Apple (holiday) for $4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Ulta has Essie seasonal nail polishes on super-duper clearance! I got Sag Harbor and Shelter Island (spring) for $2 and Mint Candy Apple (holiday) for $4.
    I WAS JUST THERE. DAMN IT. (I thought bagging gold, taupe and "rockstar skinny" on the 3 for 2 was decent)

I had the worst timing, it appears. Target rolled out its Rodarte white line the DAY AFTER I returned home to Targetlessanada. :

vCash
    I WAS JUST THERE. DAMN IT. (I thought bagging gold, taupe and "rockstar skinny" on the 3 for 2 was decent)
    Aww I think they were only put on sale after Christmas - weren't you there before?

vCash
    I did, but I was really dumb and went to a local cheapie salon. They grinded my nails (only a touch) and used glue for the tips. Shortly into the grinding I thought to leave, but talked to the technician and decided to suck it up and deal with my mistake.

They feel okay, and aren't too hard to use. I do want them off when I get back to work, though. Typing isn't so much fun. But they've done well so far.
    A good place won't glue on tips or grind your actual nails. They will build forward if you want your nails longer than your natural nails. They use a foil covered paper shape, with adhesive underneath. They put the shape under your nail and stick it together under your finger, this provides a sort of armature, to build the nail on. I keep mine rather short, so they do not interfere with typing, etc. Too bad you did not have a good experience. You might try again with a better salon. If you do, I would grow your natural nails as long as you want them to be and have them put the gels on top of your nails. I only need mine extended if one breaks, and that is rare.

vCash

I had the worst timing, it appears. Target rolled out its Rodarte white line the DAY AFTER I returned home to Targetlessanada. :
    I feel your pain.

I'm in Targetlesscanada too. And there is no Sephora where I live either.

Plus...when I went to order the 4 pack of Calvin Klein mini nailpolishes from Sephora last night, they were all sold out.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    Originally Posted by fan
    dry shampoo - does anyone have one that is dark enough for thick, dark brown (almost black) hair? whenever i use even the dark haired formula, it still looks like i've put baby powder on my hair in an attempt to make me look older for a school play.

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstars View Post
    I've had this problem too. I have this Bumble and Bumble stuff that works pretty well, but it's not perfect. It's just the plight of us really dark-haired people...hair companies tend to forget about us.
    I have very dark hair and the best dry shampoo I have used is Green Rootine by Jonathan Product. It's a powder that goes on with a twist-up brush. No mess, no weird grayish tinge and a little goes a long way.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast