Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: L O S T

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    The one I remember is the season finale of the first season. Michael and Walt and company are on the raft and the boat comes up to them. You think they finally found someone to help and it turns out it is a creepy bearded man who wants "the boy." OMG I about shat myself, it was horrifying! It also helped seal the deal, I knew this show was

I also loved the reveal that some of what we were seeing was IN THE FUTURE. Holy brain feck, batman!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Anyone feel like sharing their favorite moments that stay with them from LOST? There are 2 that jump out for me:

2) Forget which season (4?) - but the one where Desmond is on the freighter and FINALLY speaks to Penny in "real" time. I remember holding my breath during the moments as the phone was ringing and then crying when he said, "Penny?"
    THE CONSTANT! That Desmond ep was from season four and I just saw it again a couple of weeks ago. It's not only great for the heart tugging it does during Penny & Desmond's conversation but all the mind bending stuff with Faraday is really fascinating too. I love that episode!

I can't really pick one favorite episode but The Constant definitely ranks way up there and I'd have to add LaFleur, Because You Left, Jughead, A Tale of Two Cities (intro to Juliet and the Others in New Otherton), Not in Portland, One of Us, Walkabout, White Rabbit, and of course, The Pilot which is still awesome five years later. I may or may not know too much random crap about this show, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    The Constant is really one of the best episodes. It is one I constantly keep referring back to. There is just a ton of important stuff in there. If you missed that episode you probably are still "lost" to this day.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I also remember Season 1 when Boone was fatally injured and the episode ended with Locke yelling at the hatch door in despair - and all of sudden a beam of light comes on. Totally freaked me out! One of many "WTF?" moments that gave me chills.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    The Constant is really one of the best episodes. It is one I constantly keep referring back to. There is just a ton of important stuff in there. If you missed that episode you probably are still "lost" to this day.
    That episode is a classic, and perhaps actually too good. On a Lost board I visit occasionally, there is a large contingent of posters who firmly believe that Desmond is the key to the entire story, and that the Desmond/Penny love story is the heart of it. They refer to this episode all the time as the explanation for everything, and the eventually introduction of Faraday fed their cause.

I could be wrong of course, but I've maintained from the beginning that this is a story about the core Losties, and that Jack and Kate are the heart of that story. The rest are supporting characters meant to further their story.

I think the producers have actually wrapped up Desmond's story early (and killed off Faraday), so that they could get those fans refocussed on what really matters. I think it's also why they've killed off Juliet, and why

Spoiler

(mild spoiler that doesn't reveal any major plot points)

vCash
    I limited it to 4:

1) When the Others stole Walt off the raft. That was one of the most disturbing things that I've ever seen on tv and really stuck with me until Season 2

2) Sayid killing a dude with his feet. What a bad *ss!

3) "Teresa falls up the stairs, Teresa falls down the stairs" really creeped me out

4) "Guys, where are we?"

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    I would like to watch the final again to refresh myself on what happened but I just can't stand to watch Juliet die again. It gutted me last year!
    Juliet did not die, did she? Her last scene was bashing the hydrogen bomb with a rock to set it off, (which it did) and that explosiong was what was to save everyone, right? So Juliet would be alive as anybody else on the island at that time... (or as dead as everybody else).

And is it just coincidence that

Spoiler

Last edited by PeterG; 01-29-2010 at 02:02 AM.

vCash
    I am also not convinced that Juliet is dead. They could go either way with that. If setting off the bomb changed time (as I think it did) then maybe it changed time before killing her? I would think the bomb would kill everyone around or none at all, why would she die and no one else? I know she was down in the well but this was a hydrogen bomb, right? It wouldn't only kill the one person closest to it.
    -Brian

vCash
    Rewatched the finale of Season 5. Love seeing Rose and Bernard, just living happily ever after on the island. As much as I enjoy them, I almost hope we don't see them again, so I can assume they did live happily ever after.
    Think about how much screen time those 2 had on the show. Really just a few minutes, but so important to the show.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Rewatched the finale of Season 5. Love seeing Rose and Bernard, just living happily ever after on the island. As much as I enjoy them, I almost hope we don't see them again, so I can assume they did live happily ever after.
    Think about how much screen time those 2 had on the show. Really just a few minutes, but so important to the show.
    We watched it last night, and that struck me too - not just how happy they are, but the importance to the story. Also, Sawyer's continual declaration that "we had a life" - the thing that on a personal level, he hadn't had since he was 8 years old, but also, the importance of such a thing. And his confrontation with Jack, when Jack bemoaned, "I had her" - in other words, I had a life and I blew it.

Just one of many points I'm pondering leading up to Tuesday ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I am also not convinced that Juliet is dead. They could go either way with that. If setting off the bomb changed time (as I think it did) then maybe it changed time before killing her? I would think the bomb would kill everyone around or none at all, why would she die and no one else? I know she was down in the well but this was a hydrogen bomb, right? It wouldn't only kill the one person closest to it.
    Yeah, me neither for all of those points you just made. Plus, remember how some of us were so convinced that Jin was dead???

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    Yeah, me neither for all of those points you just made. Plus, remember how some of us were so convinced that Jin was dead???
    Big difference between being an a boat in the middle of the ocean when a relatively small bomb is exploded, with the possibility of being thrown clear of the explosion and the fire and into water.

Juliet was in a very confined space, obstructed from above, with no chance of being thrown clear. She was inches from an H-bomb, capable of far more massive destruction than the one on the boat. And, as a result of her brutal fall, she is likely suffering from multiple broken bones plus internal bleeding as noted by the blood coming from her mouth.

All that being said, this is Lost - if she's alive, it's because of the time shifting, which is different that Jin being alive, which was physically possible the whole time.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Further thoughts on Juliet - another thing that struck me on rewatch last night is Richard's statement to Locke that in all his time on the island (clearly a long time) he had seen a lot of things, but he had never seen a dead person brought back to life. (Which of course proved to be true when Locke's body was revealed.)

It's been established that people can certainly be healed, but apparently they cannot survive actual death. Which then supports the idea that the supposedly dead people we've seen on the island - ie. Christian Shepherd, Alex and now Locke, are in fact not their original selves, but rather someone else using versions of their bodies/images. And, as I've thought for several seasons, some of those originate in the minds of the beholder (ie Casual Christian is someone else; Suited Christian is in Jack's head; as are Hurley's visions).

At the same time, as we suspected with Richard and now have confirmed with Jacob, some characters seem to be immortal or at least ageless. Man, I love this show!

But back to Juliet - since it appears that she is not an immortal, nor was she one of Jacob's chosen (no visits, no touching, not on any lists, not on either of the flights) - then I can only conclude that she's dead.

But will she appear in the story again? Sure! Because we have flashbacks and parallel timelines and potentially - because this has not happened yet and is the biggest question left from last season - a rewriting of history.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    One other thought - a new post for a new topic! - what about Ilana? In the captions, they made a point of noting that it was unclear if Jacob touched her in the hospital bed, which got me thinking further about her relationship with Jacob.

Clearly she's a follower and has knowledge at Richard's level - so are they part of Jacob's tribe? Richard says, "Jacob made me like this" - is he his son or some other sort of spawn? And further, is Ilana as well? She knows his name - in a latin version no less - but has never met him.

And further on the touching which seems to be a big deal - notice that Kate and Sawyer were both touched as children, while Jack, Sun, Jin and Locke were much older (and well beyond Richard's early visits to him). Interestingly, Sayid and Hurley were not touched until after Oceanic 815.

My guess is there's no particular meaning to this - Jacob perhaps goes around touching people at pivotal points in their lives, got Kate and Sawyer early, added the others as they grew up and looked promising, and finally added Sayid and Hurley at the last minute to prepare for the coming crisis.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    ...Juliet was in a very confined space, obstructed from above, with no chance of being thrown clear. She was inches from an H-bomb, capable of far more massive destruction than the one on the boat. And, as a result of her brutal fall, she is likely suffering from multiple broken bones plus internal bleeding as noted by the blood coming from her mouth. ....
    As I was reading this paragraph and before I even got to the last one I said to myself .... oh that means she's definitely alive then. This IS Lost afterall!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Dumb question ... but can someone explain to me how there are two John Locke's? The one in the crate and the one in the statue? I kinda forget that whole scenario ... and I don't think I ever understood it at the time it happened either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Dumb question ... but can someone explain to me how there are two John Locke's? The one in the crate and the one in the statue? I kinda forget that whole scenario ... and I don't think I ever understood it at the time it happened either.
    I read in an article that the Quinn was told to play Locke differently last season (interview recently for this season). I think he may be dead, hence the body. The person we saw as Locke on the island once the second plane crashed is someone else?? Jacob or??

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Locke is definitely dead. The last poll option in the link Garden Kitty just provided is, "Discovering Locke was dead all along".

In a previous post, someone talked about various dead characters being seen (Jack's Dad is the most memorable). So it seems there is someone (or some people) who can take over the form of someone who is dead. This is happening with Locke. I am wondering if the person (being?) who has taken on Locke's form is the "man in black" seen talking to Jacob at the beginning of last season's finale ("The Incident"). (Or is that obvious to others??)

P.S. Do we know the "man in black's" name?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter G View Post
    Locke is definitely dead. The last poll option in the link Garden Kitty just provided is, "Discovering Locke was dead all along".

In a previous post, someone talked about various dead characters being seen (Jack's Dad is the most memorable). So it seems there is someone (or some people) who can take over the form of someone who is dead. This is happening with Locke. I am wondering if the person (being?) who has taken on Locke's form is the "man in black" seen talking to Jacob at the beginning of last season's finale ("The Incident"). (Or is that obvious to others??)

P.S. Do we know the "man in black's" name?
    From what Jacob said to "Locke" just before Ben killed him - "you found your loop hole" - reflected back to the beginining of the episode where the "man in black" said he would find a loop hole that would enable him to kill Jacob at some point. It makes sense to me that the "man in black" is "Locke" at this point - but this is Lost so who knows!!

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast