Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: L O S T

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    WTH?? I caught the end of a story on the radio that the first episode of Lost is gonna be pre-empted cause Obama wants to give a speech that night???

I didn't hear the whole story, the DJs were joking about how ticked of Lost fans are cause the premiere is pre-empted or something?? WTH was that all about???

vCash
    I got an email that from a Lost mailing group (shut up) that the episode will not be pre-empted. I forgot that US presidents seem to always make their speeches on a Tuesday. Is there a reason for that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    WTH?? I caught the end of a story on the radio that the first episode of Lost is gonna be pre-empted cause Obama wants to give a speech that night???

I didn't hear the whole story, the DJs were joking about how ticked of Lost fans are cause the premiere is pre-empted or something?? WTH was that all about???
    Whatever it is, it sounds ridiculous. I'm sorry, if the President needs to address the nation, LOST will just have to wait...and I'm one of the biggest LOST fans out there.

(And yes, I'd say the same thing if it had happened to be Bush)

vCash

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I got an email that from a Lost mailing group (shut up) that the episode will not be pre-empted. I forgot that US presidents seem to always make their speeches on a Tuesday. Is there a reason for that?
    My sister read a CNN report stating that Obama will not give his speech that night.

Actually, since the economy seems pretty L O S T, it might be appropriate if he did give his speech just before the show.

vCash
    Thank gawd! I couldn't figure out from the little bit I heard on the radio what was going on.

There's how many dozen friggin' news channels out there, if you want to hear what he has to say, then go watch the 24 hour news channels .. that's what they are for. They don't have to interrupt network TV every time he opens his mouth (like today at 3:20p in the afternoon when they cut into coverage). I'd rather have my network shows and turn off the TV every time he interrupts.

And yes, I'd say the same thing if it had happened to be Bush.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Thank gawd! I couldn't figure out from the little bit I heard on the radio what was going on.

There's how many dozen friggin' news channels out there, if you want to hear what he has to say, then go watch the 24 hour news channels .. that's what they are for. They don't have to interrupt network TV every time he opens his mouth (like today at 3:20p in the afternoon when they cut into coverage). I'd rather have my network shows and turn off the TV every time he interrupts.

And yes, I'd say the same thing if it had happened to be Bush.
    Actually the "speech" the President is giving will be "The State of the Union" - which is actually a pretty important speech. It is usually given late Janaury but a rumour started saying it was on Feb 2nd coinciding with the "Lost" season opener - which is now being discounted. My guess is it will be the last Tuesday in January as per usual so no issues with "Lost"!!

vCash
    Still don't give a crap and won't be watching a single minute of it. I can catch up on my tapes that night.

And yes, I'd say the same thing if it had been McCain giving the speech.

vCash
    LOL on Twitter, LOST producer Carlton Cuse wrote if Obama moves his speech and not pre-empt LOST premier Obama can ask him any question about the show and he will answer it. Apparently ABC's White House correspondent passed this message to Obama and Obama asked "Who are Adam and Eve" (referring to a couple of skeletons found in the cave way back in season 1). Carlton Cuse replied that Obama can call him and he'll answer personally.

I freakin can't wait for the premier!! 9 months!! NINE MONTHS!
    Last edited by walei; 01-11-2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Got the wrong producer... :P

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Love it!!!

vCash
    haha, sweet @ Obama asking a question.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Interesting article, I have not heard about ABC/Disney thinking of continuing the show in some way. I definitely agree with the writer:

http://blog.zap2it.com/lost/2010/01/...this-year.html
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash

Talking

It's official: Obama is giving his State of the Union Address in January, not February.

vCash
    January 27th they're saying. But what about American Idol?!?!?!?

vCash
    My friend and I are about halfway through rewatching Season 5. I will admit, the show isn't as good watching it back through but when so much depends on figuring things out and solving mysteries, how could it be, you already know many of the answers and what will happen. It isn't like The Golden Girls, where I can watch every episode 100's of times and probably have. It is nice to have it fresh for when the new season begins, my friend and I have gone through 1039475 theories and sometimes I can't remember what is just our personal theory and what actually happened. LOL!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    January 27th they're saying. But what about American Idol?!?!?!?
    I thought Fox and The CW don't pre-empt for Presidential speeches.

I gotta agree with those who said if the State of the Union were to cause the premiere to move, then so be it. I'm a huge LOST fan and don't often watch the SOU addresses, but I think they're important. Even when Bush made them

Of course, Jenny would be going nuts posting by herself until the rest of us caught up!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post

Of course, Jenny would be going nuts posting by herself until the rest of us caught up!
    We usually watch major speeches in our house, so I'd be pvring with the rest of you.

vCash
    According to my TV Guide, the Season 5 finale is being repeated next week on 1/26.

vCash

I gotta agree with those who said if the State of the Union were to cause the premiere to move, then so be it. I'm a huge LOST fan and don't often watch the SOU addresses, but I think they're important. Even when Bush made them

As long as the finale does not get moved. That would make me nuts.

I am currently watching season 3 on dvd. I wish I had more time to rewatch before it begins again. Rewatching is so hellpful

vCash
    They don't. Just a bit of teasing

vCash
    Heading to my friends to watch some more Season 5 LOST and each SUSHI! YUM!
    -Brian

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast