Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: L O S T

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I agree that ABC probably did it deliberately, but it won't hurt the Olys at all.

The bright(ish) side, or at least why ABC figured it was a good idea:
    - everyone knows LOST isn't coming back in the fall, so the show doesn't "need" the ratings the way other shows might. And I really don't see ABC reneging on its commitment to show the entire season, even if ratings during the Olys are crap.
    - the core audience for LOST is heavily invested in the show and will find a way to watch it, whether through TiVo or the like, or online at abc.com or Hulu. LOST will take a hit during the Olys, but of all the shows on ABC, I think this is the one more people will make a point to see later, so it still kinda makes sense.
    - ratings systems are starting to figure out that non-live viewers are valuable too. The main reason Dollhouse got a 2nd season was because the majority of their viewers were watching later (the show was then canceled this season, but previously it would not have even had that 2nd chance).

I hate that the show got moved to Tuesdays, not just because of how it plays against skating competitions. Just doesn't make sense to build several years worth of appointment programming, and for the last season to go somewhere else. The only think I can think is that they're trying to build the audience for V, and considering how poorly all ABC's programming around LOST has done on Wednesdays (RIP Invasion, Life on Mars, Eyes, etc), I can see why they'd be spooked
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I don't think showing Lost during the two weeks of the Olympics is going to hurt them all that much. Some people may even watch Lost and record whatever they're showing for the Olympics that night to watch later. It is only for an hour of time (it's only going to happen twice during February) and sometimes the Olympics coverage goes to skiing or hockey or something before they show the skating so the fans may not even miss anything important. I may or may not all ready have that plan in mind for the night of the ladies competition, LOL

And mad props to ABC if teaming up Lost and V gives the latter show a solid audience so the producers/writers/actors behind that show get a real opportunity to tell their story all the way to the end.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Actually here in Canada the network that airs LOST is also the Olympic network so there won't be any conflict here.

SHERLOCKED
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    Actually here in Canada the network that airs LOST is also the Olympic network so there won't be any conflict here.
    When are they planning to show the LOST episodes? I know that CTV has often moved LOST to CKVR in southern Ontario when it conflicted with some of their other popular shows in the last couple of years.

vCash
    No idea when - will have to check the listings. There is no other station in my area to which they can "move" it so who knows - maybe a blitz after the Olympics or some late night broadcasts - whatever.

vCash
    Considering how low the Olympics ratings usually are, I doubt LOST has much to worry about.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    tv.com has a guest cast list up for the two February 2nd debut episodes of season six. That cast includes (not sure if this is considered a spoiler):

Spoiler

I'm wondering that since both

Spoiler

epguides.com also has episode titles through to March 23rd:

http://epguides.com/lost/

Spoiler

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash

Spoiler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches LaTour View Post
    I never thought about this-what poor planning by the show's producers!
    I wonder if premiering on Groundhog Day is of any significance.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Oh no! The black bars of 'spoiler' death again! I wonder if I can hold out long enough and not peek at the spoilers this season, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley Sage View Post
    I wonder if premiering on Groundhog Day is of any significance.
    Interesting point. Aside from the more obvious Bill Murray do-over scenario, Groundhog Day is when we look for signs of what's to come, based on a humble creature coming out of the ground after a long period of absence ....

I think I'm overthinking this before the season even begins ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Interesting point. Aside from the more obvious Bill Murray do-over scenario, Groundhog Day is when we look for signs of what's to come, based on a humble creature coming out of the ground after a long period of absence ....

I think I'm overthinking this before the season even begins ....

LOL Jenny - one thing I think I love as much as the show are your posts full of analysis after an episode has aried!!! I wouldn't feel complete about an episode until I had read what you had to say - regardless if I agreed with it or not!!! Can't wait for this new - and sadly final - season to start!!

And the TV Guide magazine I saw in the supermarket check-out line yesterday had a picture of my man Sawyer on the front - so hot

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Well other FSUers will attest that I'm wrong as often as I'm right so do feel free to counter my many opinions! The only thing I like better than watching Lost is debating, um I mean *discussing* Lost.

vCash

ABC Cast photo

Comcast has a cast photo that was released by ABC this week. I didn't see any spoilers in the story with the photo, but it does make some suggestions as to what people think the position of the different characters could mean.

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/tv-news...mpid=FCST_hero

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^^ OMG ..... they did that pose on purpose just to screw with people, didn't they.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    ^^ OMG ..... they did that pose on purpose just to screw with people, didn't they.
    Of course - and it's sure to send all the Lost message boards into a tizzy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    Of course - and it's sure to send all the Lost message boards into a tizzy
    It is very reminiscent of what Battlestar Galactica did with their final season:
    http://fusedfilm.com/wp-content/uplo...lastsupper.jpg

From the Bloc
    vCash
    The Lost Supper! I love it!!

vCash
    Another Season 6 Teaser

Hurley doing a commercial for Mr Clucks

http://www.sl-lost.com/2010/01/07/ne...turing-hurley/

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I'm getting really excited. I have avoided any and all spoilers except looking at the Lost Supper picture. That doesn't bother me because it could be a huge clue or it could be another red herring.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast