Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: L O S T

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by talulabell View Post
    I have what're probably a few dumb questions:
    - Ok, so Darma was there trying to exploit what’s at the heart of the island, right? then what were The Others there for? and they preceded Darma, right?

- So, Richard was given immortality from Jacob, but he was never a candidate to replace him? He was just there to help? And what about when Ben was Jacobs main contact? Was that just for keeping The Others in control? OR... was Ben a candidate for a while, then Jacob transferred that role to Locke, then crap happened and now Locke is Smokey?
    From what I can tell, the Others were followers of Jacob, helping him protect the island from invaders/exploiters such as the US Army in the 1950s.

When Dharma showed up, like the original shipwreck survivors who MIB teamed up with, Jacob let them stay until they got too close to discovering the island's secrets. Ben was identified as someone who could help Jacob get rid of Dharma, so through Richard, they made it happen.

Ben got to stay on, because he was able to help protect the island for Jacob - dealing with Danielle's team, keeping Widmore at bay, and dealing with the Oceanic survivors.

All along, Richard has been simply a way to communicate with the living - a messenger/lieutenant of sorts.

I think Jacob explained the notion of candidates this ep - that as he realized MIB was getting closer to finding a way to kill him, he started rounding up potential candidates - perhaps beginning around 1976 when he first visited Sawyer. He tagged all these people, knowing they'd come together in the future when he really needed them. It's bothered me that Hurley and Sayid were tagged after the initial crash, but I guess it stands to reason that in observing them on the island, he added them to his list.

At least that's how I see it - could be wrong!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Flaw in Jacob's logic: Kate was crossed off because she's a mother, so why were the Kwons not crossed off? And Sawyer has a child as well.
    I thought that there was one Kwon on the list, but they just didn't know which one it was supposed to be. So maybe it is just mothers that are crossed off the list? Fathers are still fair game? That is a little weird.

Re Ana Lucia not being "ready" - is that because she's dead on the island? So if Sayid is almost ready, does that mean he's alive? In the sideways world we saw Jin running down the hospital hall past Jack and Locke after he and Sun had drowned in the sub on the island. So maybe they won't be "ready" either in sideways land.

What's with the unexplained bleeding in the sideways world. Getting ready to be "ready?"

Speculation

Spoiler

Last edited by Rob; 05-19-2010 at 04:30 PM.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I do not think Jacob was being literal when he said Kate was crossed off due to her being a mother. I think it was more due to Kate now having a purpose in life and being fulfilled. Sun was also a mother, but she was still mourning Jin's death and wanting to revenge. Sun was still "flawed."

vCash
    I think Jacob has probably come to the LOSTie's at different times in their lives since he's been watching them in the Lighthouse.

I think Ana Lucia isn't ready to be "enlightened" as she stands in alternate.

And Hurley having full awareness doesn't mean the other LOSTie's ever will since Hurley has special ability to see the past living (ie Ghost) so perhaps alternate Hurley has the ability to see past lives or whatever it is actually.

manhn that's what I surmised from Jacob's words to Kate too.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I do not think Jacob was being literal when he said Kate was crossed off due to her being a mother. I think it was more due to Kate now having a purpose in life and being fulfilled. Sun was also a mother, but she was still mourning Jin's death and wanting to revenge. Sun was still "flawed."
    Good thought - of course it would have made more sense if Jacob had said "because you found yourself in motherhood, and in trying to reunite Claire and Aaron."

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Something is definitely going on with Ben. I think he is pretending to be with Flocke. However, why would he be carrying around a gun with blanks? I doubt that. I think he just had no problem killing Widmore to prove to Flocke he was on his side. He would want to kill Widmore anyway for Alex's death. So that was a very easy way for him to convince Flocke that he would do anything he wanted. I am curious why Widmore didn't want Ben to hear the reason for bringing Desmond to the island?

Were we told that Aaron would be really important? I can't remember if it is just something we all assumed or if we heard that from the producers. So far he has been completely useless in the end of all of this. Unless something important happens in alternate world with Claire going into labor, then I don't see what he has to do with anything. Hmm, I wonder if Claire will accompany her new family to the concert, go into labor and what do you know...Kate is in the bathroom where she helps deliver the baby and they both have their "AHA!" moment.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I just read a quote from the producers saying the DVD of the finale will have about 20 extra minutes they couldn't fit into the show, which will answer more questions. Good way to sell the DVD, no?

Clueless American
    vCash
    Nice to see some Jack love. I've always felt like the only Jack fan. I was screaming at him not to drink the Kool-aid though!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I just read a quote from the producers saying the DVD of the finale will have about 20 extra minutes they couldn't fit into the show, which will answer more questions. Good way to sell the DVD, no?
    yes, although I was hoping for even more unseen scenes. Because I am really selfish when it comes to LOST
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    LOL at the Top Ten List on Letterman

The Ben part had me laughing so hard I have to label this not safe for work!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYOJK...layer_embedded

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post

Do not watch this while drinking your coffee, tea, Coke, or anything else in a liquid form.

vCash
    the Ben one was fab
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    E! Online has a double-secret trailer for the finale that was "leaked".

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/the_...rss_topstories

dont worry, no real spoilers
    Erm.... I got nothin'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post

That part was amazing!

vCash
    Does anyone here remember the season of Dallas when Pam woke up and it turned out that she dreamed the whole season?
    I have a bad feeling that something like that is going to happen and the sideways scenes turn out to be what really happened and there never was a plane crash.
    I would be really pissed off if they pull something like that.

vCash
    The producers have gotten an exemption from the Emmy Awards governing board so the finale will be eligible despite the 2.5 hour length

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100520/...st_emmy_awards

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I am 99.99% sure this will not be a dream or anything like that. That is the easy way out and they wouldn't have put so much thought and time into this to just throw it all away at the end on a dream. Don't worry about that!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Closing this so we can have a new thread for the FINALE !!

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950