Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maureenfarone View Post
    Has anyone learned anything about whether the last competition will be Saturday night or Sunday afternoon?
    Here is an e-mail I got from Faryn Driscoll at the LOC, in response to my inquiry:

We do not have a final schedule, and nothing is being released to the public at this point, but the preliminary schedule that I saw indicates that the Men's Final and Skating Spectacular are both Sunday. Please don't count this as gospel but if you want to book your flight Monday is probably the safe bet.
    I haven't booked my flight yet, but I'll probably go with Monday. Even if it's just the ex on Sunday, it probably wouldn't end until late aftn. Factoring in time to pick up luggage at the hotel, get to the airport, etc, it's probably less stressful to just leave on Monday.

vCash
    Thanks for the info Debbie. I'm going to book my return flight for Monday. It would be awful if I was scheduled to return on Sunday and then the mens free skate ended up being on Sunday . I always buy cheap tickets so trying to reschedule would be costly.

vCash
    Curious when the Junior Short Dance and Junior Free Dance will be held so we know which Mini Package to get and when to plan hotels and flights.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post

(I just booked a Fairfield Inn I have stayed at before for $69 a night..... I think the savings over an "official" hotel will finace my rental car )
    I am staying at the Fairfield too and plan to have my car with me. I'm estimating about a six hour drive from Atlanta.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    A question.

I opened the link for the bus pass info, but couldn't find how to order the passes.

Is there a form that I am missing?

Thanks.

vCash
    You have to click where it says to download the form and then the form opens up in PDF. You print out the form, fill it out, and either fax or mail.

ETA: Here is the direct link: http://www.northcarolina2011.com/doc...sOrderForm.pdf

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    You have to click where it says to download the form and then the form opens up in PDF. You print out the form, fill it out, and either fax or mail.

ETA: Here is the direct link: http://www.northcarolina2011.com/doc...sOrderForm.pdf
    Thanks so much!

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I emailed the LOC to ask when the schedule would be finalized, and Faryn said they expect to release the schedule this week.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    I was thinking about this last night... I am just crossing my fingers that the SkateRadio stuff is back. I LOVED that at Spokane! I would be willing to pay!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I emailed the LOC to ask when the schedule would be finalized, and Faryn said they expect to release the schedule this week.
    Woohoo! I imagine the schedule will still be tentative, since they can't do the exact timing until they have final numbers after Sectionals, but we should at least know what events are on what days.

vCash
    Woohoo! I imagine the schedule will still be tentative, since they can't do the exact timing until they have final numbers after Sectionals, but we should at least know what events are on what days.
    Couldn't you do... "longest" case situations.

That's what I would do, just assume that the max number from each sectional will advance, add in some "byes" for the Senior Level and plot from there.

vCash
    Couldn't you do... "longest" case situations.

That's what I would do, just assume that the max number from each sectional will advance, add in some "byes" for the Senior Level and plot from there.
    In the past, the exact schedule hasn't come out until late Nov (or later), after Sectionals. The schedule is done by the event referee, not the LOC. USFSA guidelines for referees and scheduling for qual events are pretty rigid. I think all the referee can do at this point is a tentative schedule just giving days, and maybe morning/aftn and event order - all subject to change, of course.

But we should know how they're going to schedule the dance events, now that there are 2 phases instead of 3 in Jr and Sr. And whether the Senior Men's final will be Sat or Sun. I'm hoping they'll give an exact start time for the exhibition.

vCash
    In the past, the exact schedule hasn't come out until late Nov (or later), after Sectionals. The schedule is done by the event referee, not the LOC. USFSA guidelines for referees and scheduling for qual events are pretty rigid. I think all the referee can do at this point is a tentative schedule just giving days, and maybe morning/aftn and event order - all subject to change, of course.

But we should know how they're going to schedule the dance events, now that there are 2 phases instead of 3 in Jr and Sr. And whether the Senior Men's final will be Sat or Sun. I'm hoping they'll give an exact start time for the exhibition.
    Well... some of the schedule is done by NBC, ABC, ESPN or whomever USFSA found to broadcast...

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    But we should know how they're going to schedule the dance events, now that there are 2 phases instead of 3 in Jr and Sr.
    I keep forgetting there won't be a CD. That opens up the schedule on Wednesday. I hope they'll keep the OD on Thursday, so I won't have to worry about rushing from the airport to the arena on Wednesday.

vCash
    Well... some of the schedule is done by NBC, ABC, ESPN or whomever USFSA found to broadcast...
    It's NBC, and yes, for televised events, the broadcast schedule does dictate those parts of the event schedule. It's all in the rulebook. Either way, the referee is likely not going to be able to give an exact schedule right now.

vCash

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Tentative Schedule

Sunday, January 23
    SESSION 1:
    Novice Compulsory Dance
    Novice Ladies Short Program

SESSION 2:
    Novice Men's Short Program
    Novice Pairs Short Program

SESSION 3:Junior Men's Short Program

Monday, January 24
    SESSION 4:
    Novice Free Dance
    Novice Ladies Free Skate

SESSION 5:
    Novice Men's Free Skate
    Novice Pairs Free Skate

SESSION 6:Junior Ladies Short Program

Tuesday, January 25
    SESSION 7:Junior Short Dance

SESSION 8:Junior Men's Free Skate

Wednesday, January 26
    SESSION 9:
    Junior Pairs Short Program
    Junior Free Dance

SESSION 10:
    Junior Ladies Free Skate
    Opening Ceremonies

Thursday, January 27
    SESSION 11: Championship Pairs Short Program
    SESSION 12: Championship Ladies Short Program

Friday, January 28
    SESSION 13: Junior Pairs Free Skate
    SESSION 14: Championship Short Dance
    SESSION 15: Championship Men's Short Program

Saturday, January 29
    11:30 a.m. - SESSION 16:
    Championship Pairs Free Skate (Groups 1-3)
    Championship Free Dance (Groups 1-2)

2:30 p.m. - SESSION 17:
    Championship Pairs Free Skate (Groups 4-5)
    Championship Free Dance (Groups 3-4)

6:45 p.m. - SESSION 18: Championship Ladies Free Skate

Sunday, January 30
    1:30 p.m. - SESSION 19: Championship Men's Free Skate
    7:00 p.m. - SESSION 20: U.S. Championships Skating Spectacular

vCash
    As I expected... Men's will be ending fairly late Sunday if you want to fly out. Especially if you are flying out of Raleigh (where the cheaper flights tend to be)

But this schedule is SO much nicer then that mess from last year If I can't get there early at least I won't miss any of the Senior Events.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Wish they would've left the Junior Free Dance on Thursday. I hope it's late enough on Wednesday afternoon that my flight can get there in time. Bummed that I'm going to miss all of the Junior Men events.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Wow, with my volunteer schedule this year, it doesn't look like I'll miss too much during this US Nats. Usually I miss all of the Novice events (and several practices) but with everything going back to a more normal schedule, and there only being two parts for Ice Dancing, I should be able to catch more of the senior practices and competition. I'm so excited to be going to the whole competition again! I loved being in Spokane last year but I hated having to leave halfway through everything and not seeing the whole competition. It's more fun to be there the whole time and really get the 'skating coma' that most fans usually get by the end of the week, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast