Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    JEWELS.
    vCash

2011 US Nationals (Greensboro, NC) Information

Well, looks like the old 2011 US Nationals thread has been archived so time to start another one.

Tomorrow (Fri, Nov. 13) the Weekend, Matinee, and Evening packages are going to go on sale.

The weekend package is $379 for the front few rows, $249 for the center ice sections, and $149 for the end sections.

Championship Weekend Package
    Includes tickets to all Senior-level final sessions, Friday-Sunday, as well as the Skating Spectacular.
    Ticket info: http://www.northcarolina2011.com/tickets.html
    Ticket package ordering form (PDF): http://www.northcarolina2011.com/doc...ewPackages.pdf

It's not clear yet exactly what events will be included in each package. I've included the 2009 Cleveland schedule for reference.

vCash
    Thanks! You must have been reading my mind because I just came on here to FSU to ask this exact question.

vCash
    I've never been to a competition event (been to a couple champions on ice). I live in Raleigh and would love to see the nationals in Greensboro...how tough are tickets to get generally? I'd like to get my mom to go, but she lives in Illinois, so it's hard to predict this far out if she'd be able to go.

How far in advance do you generally need to get tickets?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by angryyew View Post
    I've never been to a competition event (been to a couple champions on ice). I live in Raleigh and would love to see the nationals in Greensboro...how tough are tickets to get generally? I'd like to get my mom to go, but she lives in Illinois, so it's hard to predict this far out if she'd be able to go.

Read the imformation on the posts above. In order to get the best prices and the best seats, I wouldn't wait much after 6 months before the event. But then again, you could take your chances.

vCash
    Thanks for the info. I live very near Greensboro and plan to take advantage of the opportunity!

vCash
    Just an FYI. The last few years the 'next' event has been at Nationals and hopefully they will be able to tell us what we are buying. IMHO it's too unclear to hand over cash.

vCash

I've never been to a USFS event that was sold out (10 SkAms, 4 Nationals, a 4CC and Worlds), even in the lower level. And if even you wait and get shafted with a 16th row corner seat, no worries... there are always tons of USFS sponsor seats - some of the best seats the house, usually first few rows in a center section opposite the judges - that go unused. You should be able to move down and squat for anything but the ladies final at a Worlds or Nationals. (I just bought the cheapest seats at the door in Placid this weekend and sat third row center ice with friends all weekend at SA. We were in seats that cancer.net couldn't fill. )

Briber of judges
    vCash
    I just got the weekend package as a Christmas present to myself.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Are ALL of the tickets over a $100? It's not as if they have to pay professional athletes! (Not to mention all of the volunteers they don't have to pay) It's no wonder you see empty seats on television!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Hmmmm...it's within driving distance for me. Too bad there's nobody I REALLY want to see in person. What to do? What to do?
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleBeagle View Post
    Are ALL of the tickets over a $100? It's not as if they have to pay professional athletes! (Not to mention all of the volunteers they don't have to pay) It's no wonder you see empty seats on television!
    The weekend package is the four championship senior events plus the skating exhibition. You can get a weekend package for as little as $109, the most expensive was $379. Even with the most expensive seats that is $76 a ticket, a lot less than your average concert, and less expensive than premium seats at many other sporting events.

The costs go toward renting the arena, personel, advertising, etc. Plus skaters do get funding through the team envelopes, so while they may not be "professional athletes" those who do the best will get some funding for further training.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash

Depending on your comfort level. My strategy is to wait and to start checking for released tickets a couple of months before the competition, as those seats are usually very good. But I do not know my life very far in advance, and am more comfortable with waiting and trying to snatch good tickets at the last moment. But if you can plan ahead, early is good, of course. Just know if good tickets disappear, not all is lost, a bunch usually shows up closer to the event ( but then you have to check the website regularly)

vCash
    I ended up not buying these. The holidays and my daughter's gymnastics expenses are putting a damper on my figure skating viewing budget...LOL

I definitely want to go, since it is pretty close by, and I can drive from FL. I guess I will just need to be on the lookout for individual event tickets as the date gets closer.

vCash
    I would consider going only if Sasha will show up...is that even possible?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alys View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alys View Post
    Yes, but not on the ice. I can see her there working with one of her endorsements or just watching (you see lots of former skaters at Nats) but she's NOT going to be skating

Rudi,

Tickets always show up close to the event. I see no real reason to give them money too far ahead of time.... (Yes, I won't get front row, but.. I will live!)

vCash
    For those of you who are interested: the application for volunteering at Nationals in GSO 2011 is up on their website.

Volunteer Application

pdf form

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 10J View Post
    Does anyone know when individual tickets go on sale for 2011 Nationals and when the schedule gets posted?
    From the FAQ page: http://www.northcarolina2011.com/faqs.html
    "Individual tickets will most likely go on sale in fall of 2010 based on availability."

vCash
    I'm thinking about going to US Nationals; I haven't been to one since 06.

Does everyone normally stay in an official hotel or is it more economical to find one on their own????

vCash
    I didn't stay at the official one in Spokane but I stayed at the Doubletree... and there were some skaters at my hotel and fans. They also had poster boards with times and placements. It was really nice and really close to the bus stop. Plus Johnny Weir had his fan club reception there.

Anyway, I really hope I can manage to go this year, I cannot buy tickets until late December though because of school scheduling and money .

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast