Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I loved it and disappointed that next week will be the last episode for months and not sure how that will impact the show's chances of success. Especially given tvland's unwillingness to spend money on non reality based tv shows.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I loved it and disappointed that next week will be the last episode for months and not sure how that will impact the show's chances of success. Especially given tvland's unwillingness to spend money on non reality based tv shows.
    They didn't plan to compete with the Olympics and will bring it back during spring sweeps.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Did you not see the original series? If not, I won't tell you.
    Oh I did and I LOVED the original series but I don't remember all the details because I was pretty young and I didn't get to watch the entire marathon that SyFy ran a couple weeks ago although I wanted to VERY badly, LOL Don't tell me though because I definitely want to be surprised by whatever happens next!

I'm glad I'm not the only one still enjoying this show and hopefully ABC puts out the massive promo attack like they did prior to the debut a few weeks ago so it keeps the series in everyone's minds. I think they'll promo the heck out of this show during Lost and Flashforward and hopefully that helps. This show deserves a chance. And IIRC, the original plan was to DEBUT the show as a midseason replacement in 2010 but the pilot got such great reviews that they moved the debut up to November 2009. I consider these four episodes a nice sneak peak before they get to the really awesome stuff in the spring.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    The pizza place where the annoying son and the blonde alien met was filmed in one of my fave coffeeshops in Vancouver. It is in Gastown if you are in the area.

The priest and Juliet from Lost are smoking hot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Is everyone on this episode speaking alien or is there something wrong with the audio?
    I'm having the same problem, watching on CTV Edmonton.

vCash
    Did you not see the original series? If not, I won't tell you.
    But this a role reversal is it not? I don't quite remember it like 'this'...
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    But this a role reversal is it not? I don't quite remember it like 'this'...
    It would appear. They like changing things around.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    It would appear. They like changing things around.
    They're definitely keeping us on our toes with this show, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Well I am glad they aren't staying to the old storyline, in the grand scheme of things it really was crap. Good crap, but crap nonetheless...

Editted to add, if he has to deal with what we think he has to deal with then it is great comeuppance for being an idiot...
    Last edited by Twilight1; 11-18-2009 at 02:38 PM.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Aw - he's too valuable as a cameraman to meet that fate.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Just got caught up. I'm still very into the show, although it is definitely a bit cheesy. Knew the minute we saw him that the healer working with Erica's partner would be in the resistance, and also knew that the would-be assassin was a V set-up. But I'm ok with that, as I like how the show is unfolding. They're definitely demonstrating how confusing it is to not be able to trust ANYONE. I still hate Tyler, but will learn to live with him I guess. Very nice setting up the meeting of the core 4 of the resistance at the end of the epi.

I kind of wonder what happened in the meeting with Anna and Ms Faulkner. We saw Anna practice a speech, but I kind of wonder if she pulled some sort of V mind meld or "connection" that cause the woman to change her story. It was too creepy that she got led away into a stairwell and then came out all pro-V.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Resistance is futile.

vCash
    I know Diana pulled all kinds of stunts (on the Original show) on the resistance and they are so into experiments that I could see them using a form of hypnosis (V-style) for her to change her story in this version. I told my husband to not even bother watching the show yet as it isn't coming back on for a couple months. We have them all, so far, saved on our DVR though so we will watch them through again when it restarts up.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    We need an EMT to the church STAT to save the hot priest!!

OK, that was the one moment that took me by surprise tonight because I didn't see it coming and I'm SO BUMMED out that we don't get this show again until March. I've enjoyed the journey and I'm not that patient to see what's coming next. *sigh* Anyway, here's a few other thoughts I have from tonight's ep. I saw that pregnancy coming for Ryan and his woman before she went to the healing center but that has mad potential to lead to another great birth scene like the one from the first series so I don't mind this at all. Finding out Jack was in Iraq as some kind of combat chaplain explains a little of how he can take care of himself in fights so well. Erica is still all kinds of although her son Tyler is still a bit of a tool. Teenagers in love...what can you do?! That boy is toast on the ship though, LOL I love the high ranking medic guy as part of the Fifth Column and I hope he has more to do when the show comes back. I'm VERY glad they didn't show the 'skinning' punishment. Loved the twist of the V's putting whatever they want to use on humans in the flu shot instead of in their vitamin shot and Erica is right....humans won't think anything of the flu shot but will be all freaked out over some random vitamin shot from the Visitors. Did the original have that Bliss thing that all the V's and their followers enjoyed at the end of tonight's ep? I don't remember that and I assume it's something new. It was really odd but I can see how Anna asserts her power over everyone through it. And for the record, she has definitely moved into the more creepy vein which just makes me even more anxious for this show to come back in the spring. I'm going to panic for three months while we wait to find out if the priest makes it!

vCash
    I didn't see this very clearly around when Father Jack was stabbed...is it confirmed that the older priest is a V? I heard his name being called or something.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ssminnow View Post
    I didn't see this very clearly around when Father Jack was stabbed...is it confirmed that the older priest is a V? I heard his name being called or something.
    I think Jack thought the older priest had come back to the church. He heard that noise and thought someone else was there with him. He assumed it was the older priest but it turned out to be the guy who stabbed him. I don't know about everyone else but I'm about 90% sure that the older priest is a V but that hasn't been confirmed or really implied at all yet.

vCash
    I think Jack will be fine. I was mourning the hot, skinned 5th Column V. What a horrific way to go

vCash
    So, did anyone else think the V doctor and the guy who got skinned were a couple? Too bad we couldn't see more of that. They were both kinda pretty.

vCash
    Yeah, we absolutely cannot lose the hottie priest! And those two V doctors were not bad either. I am gonna miss this show.

vCash
    I totally got a homoerotic subtext with them. And it was hot. Tragic that Main Doctor had to off his lover/friend/second-in-command/son
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    So, did anyone else think the V doctor and the guy who got skinned were a couple? Too bad we couldn't see more of that. They were both kinda pretty.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast