Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    I'm giving it a chance because I LOVED the original so much. I also miss Jane Badler's Diana. She sizzled on that show IMO. After Elizabeth, she was my favourite character.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I loved the original. I really did. But I'm glad they're using that as a departure point, because 1) it's already well known and 2) it was incredibly cheesy. Yes, the pilot was a bit rushed and there was too much crammed in there - but was there ANYONE who tuned in to the show who hadn't already heard that the Visitors are lizards? Even the promo materials for the show have Anna with lizard eyes. The cat's already out of the bag, so I'm glad they didn't try to pretend otherwise for several episodes.

Elizabeth Mitchell and the young priest are obviously the focus of the show, and that's fine with me. We'll get Scott Wolf and his relationship with the Vs, and Erica's son Tyler (who's the only real misstep here - I found nothing likeable or even sympathetic about the kid at all) with the cross-species love triangle. Very intrigued by Ryan (Morris Chestnut) and his role in the resistance. And how he will balance that with his life w/ his fiancee.

Aside from Tyler, I think the show has stellar casting. I even like Scott Wolf - I think he's kinda perfect as the tv newscaster who struggles between being the Vs' lapdog and being a real journalist. And Morena Baccarin looks FAB. I swear she managed to look very lizardlike with some of those camera angles and her face is annoyingly flawless
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I loved the original. I really did. But I'm glad they're using that as a departure point, because 1) it's already well known and 2) it was incredibly cheesy.
    Yeah, I watched some of the original on Youtube again just to make sure I hadn't watched something different to those who were saying how brilliant the script had been. And umm, can I say "rose-coloured glasses"?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    All I can say is thank gawd Marc Singer isn't in this remake of the show...

I am also completely annoyed by how flawless Anna's face is...
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    I am also completely annoyed by how flawless Anna's face is...
    She really is exquisite.

I love the V's constant "I know you're the one who farted, but don't worry, I won't tell anyone" look on their faces.

Hmmm, Scott Wolf is married to Kelley from MTV's "Real World: New Orleans". The only person I remember from that show was the cutie pie gay boy with the military boyfriend. She must have been the perky blonde.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I love the V's constant "I know you're the one who farted, but don't worry, I won't tell anyone" look on their faces.

I've been trying to think about how to describe the serene and secretive look they have, and yeah....you nailed it. Of course, now I won't be able to watch the show without laughing.....

vCash
    The invasion is here again. LOL I love the fact that in Joel Gretsch I have a sexy actor I can lust after without feeling like a dirty old woman. hehehehe
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Odds that the old priest is a lizard?
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I've all ready jumped twice tonight and we're only a half hour in, LOL (And I think the senior priest is an alien too along with a few of those FBI people.)

I love this show.

"You're a freaking priest?!!" -Line of the night
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    I've all ready jumped twice tonight and we're only a half hour in, LOL (And I think the senior priest is an alien too along with a few of those FBI people.)

I love this show.

"You're a freaking priest?!!" -Line of the night
    My thoughts exactly!

vCash
    I agree with everyone who thinks the old priest is a lizard. Will I get kicked out of the Catholic Church if I want the priest and the FBI agent to get together? Sorry I don't know the names yet.

Carol

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CDANN1013 View Post
    I agree with everyone who thinks the old priest is a lizard. Will I get kicked out of the Catholic Church if I want the priest and the FBI agent to get together? Sorry I don't know the names yet.

Carol
    I don't think so. I also don't think you're the only one who likes Jack and Erica together. They have a great chemistry and I love how they play off one another. Joel Grietsh and Elizabeth Mitchell are all kinds of awesome.

I liked tonight's episode almost more than last week's because it was a little slower paced but at the same time, it kept up the intensity and action from the premiere. I seriously jumped about three times at different points (the shower scene got me good! ) and you really don't know who you can trust. I love that about this version. It keeps you guessing and everyone is a suspect. I'm enjoying this show so much and I can't wait for next week's episode!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I can't say I want any pairings just yet. I think it was hilarious that there was 4400 on the wall (shoutout to JG's time on that show that shouldn't have been cancelled ) But alas, only my sci-fi geekiness would allow that.

Anyways, I'm TOTALLY in agreement over TYLER! OMGOSH! I want him to die. I want one of those scaly lizards to wipe that stupid arrogant look on his face when talking to his mother who has taken care of him whilst his father took off, and the only other second look on his face where he is googly eyed at the blonde lizard person!

I swears I wanted him dead the moment he opened his mouth. He's not even hot!

Overall I'm enjoying the show. I never saw the original so I don't know a lot about it. But they've cast well. And I like the mix of action and creepy sci-finess.

Not a huge fan of SW. But I'm sure I can live with it.

I mean the whole show you're wondering who the heck ISN'T a lizard! I too am thinking that the old priest guy is a lizard!

I don't think I want Erica and the priest to hook up though. Just doesn't work for me. I'd love it if his 'ex partner' from The 4400 were to show up or something...that would slay me!

vCash
    Tyler, you brat, the planet has been invaded by aliens and your mom says "I love you" - SAY IT BACK!!! Brainwashed by alien flirting......

Old priest has got to be a V....or else its a very obvious set-up for no reason.

But I suppose you're also supposed to be wondering about Erica's boss (Paul?) and her curly-haired co-worker.

In or out of church drag, Father Jack is

By the way its situated against the Empire State Building, the mother-ship is definitely supposed to be over my apartment. Dammit, I already don't get enough natural light in my bathroom!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    By the way its situated against the Empire State Building, the mother-ship is definitely supposed to be over my apartment. Dammit, I already don't get enough natural light in my bathroom!!!!

Had to go out last night and missed all but the last five minutes, but these mini-recaps are almost as good as actually watching the show!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Older Priest is being so clearly set up as a V that I'm thinking he won't end up being one

I can't shake the feeling that "Mal", the female FBI agent who questions Father Jack, is a V, only because that actress was one of the final 5 on Battlestar Galactica (and the bitchiest one). I can't picture her being on the side of humans.

Love the interactions between Erica and Father Jack, but my main emotional investment in the show is about Ryan. I so want him to find the other rebel lizards and help the resistance. And I want his hottie fiancee to be ok!

I continue to be impressed by how much Morena Baccarin can convey in one serene expression. and how lizard-like her flawless face can appear.

Tyler is a complete loser. Not interesting and not good looking either. Even his goofball friend is more compelling. Also don't care about his would-be gf Lisa. And I'm wondering what makes him think that underneath his mattress is a good hiding place for his V-Cadet uniform, as I'm guessing his mom makes his bed (teenage boys do not make their beds that nicely with sheets out of a Pottery Barn catalog).
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Is everyone on this episode speaking alien or is there something wrong with the audio?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    A couple of big plot holes. How would you walk into a strange room with aliens all around and stand there without worrying someone would walk in? And a room with all the alien technology and an ordinary light switch on the wall?
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who had a few jaw dropping moments tonight. I was surprised to find out that guy who was supposedly helping Dale heal from his injuries is part of that Fifth Column resistance group of V's and I was also surprised that Lisa is Anna's daughter. I had read that Lisa had a bigger role on the show than had been implied so far but I didn't see that one coming! And what do they actually want with Tyler? Not that he's my fave character or anything but it sounds sinister and that's just good fun.

I'm probably the only one who'll say this but I'm still very into this show and can't wait for next week. I think they're placing things plot wise for the next 'pod' of shows in the spring and I'm very intrigued with what the V's are up to with the testing we saw in the promo. I bet next week is some sort of cliffhanger and hopefully it's awesome. I REALLY hope people are willing to come back to the show when it returns in March. That's my biggest worry with this show and I'm tired of seeing shows that I really enjoy fade off into the sunset, especially ones that have a ton of potential.

And I enjoyed the light switch. Hey, I guess aliens need light too, LOL That screen with all the various scenes on it that Erica saw was all kinds of though. Wow! Can you imagine looking at that?! I got dizzy watching it on my TV, LOL

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    And what do they actually want with Tyler? Not that he's my fave character or anything but it sounds sinister and that's just good fun.

:
    Did you not see the original series? If not, I won't tell you.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast