Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Given this talk about Jake's "pilot hangup," from where did the "good guys finish last/good guys finish first" lines originate? It wasn't due to Deanna's rejection, was it? Didn't he come into her season already with that attitude?

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I think he had that mantra long before Jillian rejected him.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I think he had that mantra long before Jillian rejected him.
    Okay, I'm going to have to stop with this show soon, and it's a good thing the Olympics will NECESSARILY prevent me from watching it....because I'm beginning to imagine that someone once told him he's bad in bed, and he's going to confess it through tears, and that airplaines have sticks (ugh),and I dont want to think about that at all!

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Pretty girls and boys with little to no personality that they resort to spouting insincere lines they think they should be saying are often told "it's not you, it's me, you are wonderful, nice and sweet and someday some lucky girl or boy is going to snatch you up and I'll be kicking myself" because no one likes to kick puppies.

I suspect this has happened a lot to Jake in his life and it probably didn't help dispell the myth (in his case) that nice guys finish last when Jillian's Ed turned out to have a messy closet and she stuck by him. Jake will read that one way whereas the reality is Jillian was bored to death by pretty, insincere Jake.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I think he's sincere - I just think that Jillian wanted more of a bad boy (thus her attraction to the cowboy singer), and that under it all, her own insecurities made her scared of a seemingly perfect guy. Note that she eliminated him before she'd have to meet his family.

As for the nice guys lines, that's likely coming from his mother, soothing him after all those first dates.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    The "affair" is confirmed:

'Bachelor producer sleeps with contestant

Beach Bum
    vCash
    And like Reality Steve predicted, he never uses the 3-letter word!

vCash

Spoiler

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post

Spoiler

Spoiler

So are we taking bets on who slept with the producer? My guess is Miss "I was a virgin till I got married and I haven't kissed anyone in a looooong time" Tenley. Only cause it would be funny

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I think he's sincere - I just think that Jillian wanted more of a bad boy (thus her attraction to the cowboy singer), and that under it all, her own insecurities made her scared of a seemingly perfect guy. Note that she eliminated him before she'd have to meet his family.

As for the nice guys lines, that's likely coming from his mother, soothing him after all those first dates.
    I disagree. Not that Jillian doesn't like her boys with an edge , Jillian has an edge herself so she needs the banter and challenge. I don't think Jake scared her, I think he bored her. The bit about her own insecurities might apply to Reid but imo no way does it apply to Jake. Jake was never and will never be her type.

I´ll even say here and now that I am totally open to the probability that Jake's main thing on that series was trying to become the next bachelor. I think that is what the producers might have dangled to Jillian to convince her to keep him around (because Jillian I thought was pretty decent about dumping the nice guys she had no interest in whatsoever quickly) .

I don't think Jake is a bad boy, I think he's probably nice enough but I don't find him very sincere. Now that could just be because he's so inept that he needed the producers to provide him his lines last night as it looked very much like his brain was churning trying to recall his next line.

But I know that there are black and white opinions on Jake. I guess I'm on the black side.

vCash
    I liked Jake last season until his infamous 'balconey crying scene' which looked like something out of a bad soap opera. Then we come to find out that he once was a soap opera actor, and I became skeptical that his purpose for being on the show was to get back into showbiz. One of the other bachelors last season even called him out on it.

Pilots are often thought to be dashing, but the truth is that many pilots are paid very low wage , its a system that requires a long seniority to get to a good place. It wouldn't be surprised if those lady pilots outranked Jake, and he didn't want them to threaten his status as the all desirable bachelor.

I do think he is , so I'll continue to watch.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    I liked Jake last season until his infamous 'balconey crying scene' which looked like something out of a bad soap opera.
    I read that as "baloney crying scene" - which also works.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I think he's sincere...
    I think Jake thinks that he's sincere.

And I agree with you both in that Jake is sincere much in the way that a Ken doll is sincere. And very constant in that sincerity...

P.S. Please give us more of that life-long very well-rehearsed sincerity in shirtless form. Much thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter G View Post

And I agree with you both in that Jake is sincere much in the way that a Ken doll is sincere. And very constant in that sincerity...

P.S. Please give us more of that life-long very well-rehearsed sincerity in shirtless form. Much thanks.
    He seems somewhat sincere to me. I didn't watch the Bachelorette last season until way after Jake was eliminated. I just can't figure it out...how is it that a man with his looks has never had luck with the ladies (or so he claims)? He must either be extremely picky or there's some characteristic about him not yet revealed on television that scares potential future wives away.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash

I think I can settle here, very good description of him. A Ken doll, very plastic, nice chest, no balls

Beach Bum
    vCash

That hits the nail on the head.

vCash
    I thought that perhaps he didn't keep the female pilots for a totally different reason. It seems to me that he's kind of old-fashioned in his thinking and would prefer to have a wife that would be home more often than someone who is continually flying. I would think that having two pilots in the family would make for very little home time together and if Jake wants a wife, family and all that goes with it ... you kind of need some quality time together to have that take place. Just my loonie's worth
    Crazy about sports!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    It's interesting how after reading everyone's posts, I am about to both defend AND slam Jake...

Quote Originally Posted by icedance21 View Post
    I just can't figure it out...how is it that a man with his looks has never had luck with the ladies (or so he claims)? He must either be extremely picky or there's some characteristic about him not yet revealed on television that scares potential future wives away.
    Jake is unlucky in that he has yet to get... EXACTLY. WHAT. HE. WANTS. ...in a woman. My guess is that he has left a lot of INCREDIBLE women along the way that most men would have KILLED for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    That hits the nail on the head.
    So you agree with Jake's delusion-ness, or my request for more shirtlessness?

Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I thought that perhaps he didn't keep the female pilots for a totally different reason. It seems to me that he's kind of old-fashioned in his thinking and would prefer to have a wife that would be home more often than someone who is continually flying. I would think that having two pilots in the family would make for very little home time together and if Jake wants a wife, family and all that goes with it ... you kind of need some quality time together to have that take place. Just my loonie's worth
    And here's where I defend our sweet ol' beefy Ken-doll.

Perhaps Jake did not keep either of the pilots around because:

- he did not have anything in common with them (other than sharing a love of aviation)
    - they did not share similar long-term life goals
    - they were not as assertive as other women in trying to get to know him
    - they were not as interesting or intelligent or as __________ as the other women
    - he was not physically attracted to them (as he was with some of the other ladies)
    - he saw how they related to other women that night and didn’t like what he saw
    - who knows how many other reason Jake might have had (the producers said that other than being pilots, they were boring and told him to drop them?? )

I also don’t think that because he happened to not select the two pilots means that he does not like strong women. We’ve only seen the first episode, after all.

I now return you to your regular Jake-bashing program.

vCash
    My guess for Jake not keeping the women pilots around is much simpler than some offered. I see him as very possessive & he wouldn't be able to stand having a wife who was traveling around the country or the world without him right beside & monitoring her every move.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    My guess for Jake not keeping the women pilots around is much simpler than some offered. I see him as very possessive & he wouldn't be able to stand having a wife who was traveling around the country or the world without him right beside & monitoring her every move.
    Neither of these reasons do him much credit.

If I was one of the other bachelorettes, I would be taking it as a bad indicator of what he wants in a relationship.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast