Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    Didn't see it yet, but have gone ahead and spoiled. This is only my second Bachelor season, but it's already wearing thin. At this point last summer, Jillian had some real options, and while I didn't agree with her final choice, at least each man had something to offer and was different from one another, and of course the dramz with Wes and Ed.

Jake's choices all seem immature and needy and lacking in personality. But then again he doesn't have much either - the 1-1 conversations this season are positively painful. At least Jillian seemed to have a brain and some spirit, as did most of her finalists. It's like Jake has gotten rid of anyone remotely interesting, and I'm not impressed that his ideal wife material seems to be someone that he perceives as inferior to him (ie getting rid of all the women who had real careers and normal lives and confidence in themselves before they got here).

Maybe we're in for a good ending? Maybe the hometown visits will add some dimension to them all (girls next week, Jake the week after?) and I was looking forward to St Lucia as I have been there a couple of times so it's familiar to me.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Ali has a real career.. she's in accounting or something. Seems like her life was pretty normal pre bachelor as well. I think she's pretty interesting.. at least she has a backbone.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    She's an advertising account manager. If I were her, I am not sure I'd want to leave SF for Dallas. But I need the ocean.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Clueless American
    vCash
    My take the final four...

Gia - I like her. I think Jake is the most physically attracted to her, but I'm not sure if they have enough emotional connection or friendship there.

Vienna - I don't like her. She's so immature. She's 23, but acts like she's 13. I think he likes her for the fun for now, but that won't last. Am I the only one who finds her physically unattractive? I feel bad saying that, but from the beginning I found her so homely looking.

Ali - I think he's the most comfortable with her. It seems easy between them. They seem most like boyfriend and girlfriend to me. Her cattiness wasn't pleasant the previous episodes, but I still think we didn't get to see what made the girls all turn on Vienna, so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Tenley - I think he sees her as the ideal wife, the sweetest girl who shares his "values". But he may be more physically attracted to Gia and Ali which could hurt Tenley in the end. But if he's really looking for wifey material he could pick her in the end.

I'm unspoiled and can't decide who the final pick is - except that I'm pretty positive it isn't Vienna.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    She's an advertising account manager.
    Has she talked about it at all? Because I'm skeptical about those bios anyway, and frankly that's the type of job description that could mean anything from serious career to junior meaningless job she's just killing time with until she becomes famous.

I feel like the only thing we really know about her at this point is that she's afraid to fly (which could have been a ploy all along). Maybe there was something more on the SF date, but I don't remember much from the Palm Springs date.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    She talked about her job a little bit when Jake asked her what her typical Sunday would be like and she immediately said the first thing she does is check her emails because although she only works 5 days a week she wants to make sure things are running smoothly at the office, and that she just wants to be the very best she can be at what she does. She sounded too invested for it to be a meaningless job. I think she's pretty serious about it.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    *begrudgingly gives Alli another chance*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Has she talked about it at all? Because I'm skeptical about those bios anyway, and frankly that's the type of job description that could mean anything from serious career to junior meaningless job she's just killing time with until she becomes famous.

I feel like the only thing we really know about her at this point is that she's afraid to fly (which could have been a ploy all along). Maybe there was something more on the SF date, but I don't remember much from the Palm Springs date.
    I've read that Ali works for Facebook.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    I've read that Ali works for Facebook.
    Ah ... now, do understand that I respect anyone who is willing to earn an honest day's pay. But for the purposes of this show, if Rafter is correct, then the job might be similar to Jeff's so-called sales job on BB last summer, which turned out to be telemarketing. Or, Alli is just someone who looks after the files of various FB advertisers, which is a junior position.

Which goes back to my point that Jake seems to be eliminating anyone whose career could have competed with his in any way - and that he wants to be the dominant one in the household.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    I dunno.. she seems to have a pretty type A personality so even if it is a junior position right now I could see it turning into something down the road.. and I can't see her letting Jake be the dominant one in the household

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobalina77 View Post
    I can't see her letting Jake be the dominant one in the household
    Obviously I'm thinking about this far too much but to clarify, by dominant in the household, I mean that he likely wants to be the breadwinner, the provider, the traditional role of husband and father that I'm guessing epitomizes his father. But in the relationship, my guess is that his mother was the driving force in his family growing up, and thus he's looking for a strong personality in a wife - someone who he thinks is more fun than he is(which should be easy) or more in touch with their feelings, or more outgoing or more something than he is.

Jillian really seemed to be after (what she perceived to be) her equal - I see Jake quite differently in that regard.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Ahh.. okay that makes sense. I see what you mean.. which is why it's a little bit strange to me that he's so into Ali. I can see her moving to Texas but I can't see her completely giving up a career or turning into whatever visions he would have of a housewife. Tenley yes.. which is fine if that's what she wants, but I think Ali has way to strong a personality for that to happen. She seems to be the only one who isn't playing the "wounded bird" part or some version of it. Then again maybe that's what he needs. There's gotta be a reason he's so drawn to her.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    I fell asleep halfway through the show. I don't believe Jake likes any of these women or that any of these women like Jake. To them it's a competition and they don't care that he is a complete bore and I guess he just likes being the star of this show. I can not imagine how painful it must have been to have to sit through his dates filming them. I also wouldn't be surprised if his idea to drop four women last week was producer driven to end this ordeal as quickly as possible.

It is sooooo easy to see why he made Jillian
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post

It is sooooo easy to see why he made Jillian
    Totally. Has any Bachelor ever been such a complete bore? On paper he was so promising, but they've really had to work it this season with the fake motorcycling and the shirtless scenes.

I think Kip from last season would have been nearly as boring, but likely Reid or my vote - the twins in a "first ever extra special double season" - would have likely been a lot more fun.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I thought he was a bore last season. Boring and slightly smarmy. This year, I find him less smarmy.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I sort of payed attention last night, but did Vienna say the word "compete" when talking with Jake about the other girls, something to the effect that I want to win this competition? I'll have to go back and see, since I DVR'd it in case I fell asleep or got distracted.

Now, Tenley, when asked by Jake what she would have done differently in her marriage, did she get a bit teary and wistful about her ex, almost to the point of maybe she's not over him? I wonder if Jake thinks he might end up being the rebound guy for her. I do like her for him. She's an upbeat gal and I've noticed all the girls at the house have always gotten along with her.

I did like Ali and Jake together on the final date. They do seem natural and compatible with one another, but not sure if he's sold on her yet.

Gia giggles like a schoolgirl when she' with him. I don't think she's "the one."

vCash
    IMHO, Tenley should never have gone on this show. According to a "friend" on FORT, she found out her hubby was cheating on her in January, got a divorce by June and he immediately remarried (to the girl he was cheating with) and then she films the Bachelor in October. Way too much going on in a short period of time and then to go on a show were the premise is for you to date a guy while he is dating multiple other women just seems sorta crazy.

But then this whole show is full of crazy so what do I know.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    IMHO, Tenley should never have gone on this show. According to a "friend" on FORT, she found out her hubby was cheating on her in January, got a divorce by June and he immediately remarried (to the girl he was cheating with) and then she films the Bachelor in October. Way too much going on in a short period of time and then to go on a show were the premise is for you to date a guy while he is dating multiple other women just seems sorta crazy.

... which no doubt got her to the top of the casting pile!

vCash
    I guess what I like in a guy is different from everyone here. I don't find Jake a bore at all. I have dated all types, I think in the dating scene, and I hate the over the top, I have to be the center of attention, the I am so funny, everyone laugh at me type, the I am just too handsome for words type, The outdoor type, the muscle bound type. ETC.
    I like the laid back, quiet gentle type. Who would rather go to the theater, dancing at a quiet nice resturant, a museum, walk along the beach, or just sit at home and watch a movie type. And of course the type who wants to go see Ice Skating!
    Spare me the bar, nascar, boxing, wrestling, drinking type.
    If that makes me boring, so be it. I am happy in my own skin.

vCash
    I think Tenley, Ali, and Gia all sound and act like they're about 16. They're voices are so annoying. At least with Vienna, you know what you're getting, sort of. Where are the women? He picked a group of young, immature sounding girls.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast