Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Royalty Thread #6 - Touring the World In Haute Couture

New thread!

vCash
    Thanks, centerstage01 !!!!

vCash
    This thread should have been named after bonny Prince George. Sooooooo cute!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    He really is a cute baby. We are not the only ones who think so, apparently: http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...lebrities.html

And I think most of us will agree that Kate's white eyelet dress is very pretty: https://shine.yahoo.com/fashion/kate...183700406.html
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    The eyelet dress was great.

Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    This thread should have been named after bonny Prince George. Sooooooo cute!
    I like the royalty thread titles to be more inclusive (and happily, MILF-free this time). There's more than just the British royals!

vCash
    I lurved the white dress with the blue flowers. Gorgeous...and would probably look good on a lot of body types.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Just a note to all those who are commenting on Kate's skirt flying up when she arrived in NZ, if you haven't exited a plane in NZ wind and made that long walk down those stairs, you should try it sometime. It would have taken dumb bells to keep that hem down! Furthermore, those cameras were significantly below her. I think her outfit was lovely, and George looked very happy for a baby who has just been on a long flight, what more can we ask for. I may not like every outfit Kate wears, but she is always appropriately dressed and seems genuinely happy - as does William.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    That eyelet dress was gorgeous! And the espadrille wedges. Possibly my favorite outfit of hers ever.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Just a note to all those who are commenting on Kate's skirt flying up when she arrived in NZ, if you haven't exited a plane in NZ wind and made that long walk down those stairs, you should try it sometime. It would have taken dumb bells to keep that hem down! Furthermore, those cameras were significantly below her. I think her outfit was lovely, and George looked very happy for a baby who has just been on a long flight, what more can we ask for. I may not like every outfit Kate wears, but she is always appropriately dressed and seems genuinely happy - as does William.
    I am not the one clutching her pearls over the skirts. I don't really mind and understand that wind happens. It seems the concern is emanating from the palace. What they need to understand is that it doesn't seem to hurt Kate's image one little bit.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I marvel that the Duchess is always so appropriately attired for all these events.
    Even with help. it must be a challenge.

I love the blue and white ensemble she wore today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I am not the one clutching her pearls over the skirts. I don't really mind and understand that wind happens. It seems the concern is emanating from the palace. What they need to understand is that it doesn't seem to hurt Kate's image one little bit.
    If you google the following: "queen kate wardrobe", what you will find is that story #1 came from the Daily Mail. Every other story follows that one in chronology. And that makes the likelihood of there being any truth to it about zero.

The Queen has a very intense job herself. It does not leave time to be the wardrobe police for the rest of the family and the notion that she is issuing edicts about skirt length or shoes or personally picking out Kate's clothes is laughable.

vCash
    I realize you are not one of the critics. I do find it an interesting study in human nature how so many feel the need to tear others down. I do get a little annoyed at the whole working full time thing, but that is the palace, not Kate, making those statements. As far as I can see, Kate's biggest crime is marrying the man she loves and working to have a happy stable home in which to raise her children. I love reading What Kate Wore because I find it a great site for fashion information. They provide lots of links and helpful information. I don't want to look like Kate, or wear the same clothes as Kate, but through her clothing I have discovered designer I had never heard of. In the slightly altered words of Patrick Chan, it is only fashion lol!
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    I really am amazed you still seem to be insisting that the Queen is worried or concerned regarding some wind and Kate's outfits - I really doubt HM QE2 or anyone at the palace is clutching anything in regards to Kate's clothes and is probably very happy with how this tour is going and the immense popularity of her grandson and his family!!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    If you google the following: "queen kate wardrobe", what you will find is that story #1 came from the Daily Mail. Every other story follows that one in chronology. And that makes the likelihood of there being any truth to it about zero.
    It does?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    I really am amazed you still seem to be insisting that the Queen is worried or concerned regarding some wind and Kate's outfits - I really doubt HM QE2 or anyone at the palace is clutching anything in regards to Kate's clothes and is probably very happy with how this tour is going and the immense popularity of her grandson and his family!!
    Well, if you are so sure, please say hello to HM next time you have tea together.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Love the eyelet dress. And is this the first time she's gone open-toed/tightless since she had George?

vCash
    Here's a lovely video of George meeting a bilby, I love what happens to the toy bilby at the end of the video https://uk.news.yahoo.com/prince-geo...0.html#t08VPMl
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    Here's a lovely video of George meeting a bilby, I love what happens to the toy bilby at the end of the video https://uk.news.yahoo.com/prince-geo...0.html#t08VPMl
    Why should he have to put up with a toy when the real one was so close Just like any other kid Loved Kate's dress - as well as her earlier one at the church service - the Queen must be very proud how this young couple - and their son - are acquitting themselves on this tour

Vacant
    vCash
    HM The Queen's 88th birthday portrait by David Bailey has been released. It's one of those angle ones where the head looks larger than it really is but I kind of like it. She looks genuinely happy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27093369

vCash
    Is that portrait a photograph? Because it doesn't look like a painting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Is that portrait a photograph? Because it doesn't look like a painting.
    It's a photo.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast