vCash

Family Facing Foreclosure Finds Valuable Superman Comic in Basement

You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    A nice story. My comic books are all well read. I don't blame people though for wanting to remain anonymous. Why should all and sundry know what you have in your basement?

vCash
    My mom junked our comic books when we were kids. Lots of superman/jla stuff. Now, we could all use the $$ including her.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Unless you were born in the early 1930s, Kruss, odds are there just wasn't that kind of value, if there's any consolation.

And I prefer the video's title to the articles: "Superman Saves Family Home".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Unless you were born in the early 1930s, Kruss, odds are there just wasn't that kind of value, if there's any consolation.
    Oh, okay - I wasn't sure what the value would be of comics from the early '70s.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Unless you happened on a REALLY rare variant (they weren't printing variant covers left and right like they do now) probably in the $5-40 range each, depending on rarity and condition.

With Action Comics #1 you're talking a comic printed right before the paper scrap drives of WWII (when millions of comic books were destroyed) featuring what was basically the start of the Golden Age of superhero comics and the introduction of the single most famous comic-book character of all time. Like the article says only a hundred or so copies are known to exist and this one is in very good condition. (Condition's almost everything in collectibles--I could have a Honus Wagner card and if it was coated in black mold it wouldn't be worth much. A mint one would probably outsell this comic.)

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I thought all of the Action Comics #1 had been found!?!

Wow...What a find and literally at the perfect time too.

vCash
    Nice story, plus refreshing that they want to be anonymous.
    Also a valuable lesson. I watch lots of HGTV and so many of these foreclosed homes, you can tell people left in a hurry, leaving behind stuff, and damaging the property.
    When you move, pack carefully, you never know what you have of value.

vCash
    I remember reading that the first appearance of Batman can sell for $100,000.