Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Desperate Housewives 2009-2010 Season

I thought there would already be a thread about the new season of DH already. Oh well, I'll start...

1. Does anyone besides me think Lynette will get an abortion and not tell Tom? It makes for a better plot than her having a houseful of little ones again (we saw enough of that in Season 1) or a plot where she has a miscarriage and then gets all sobby and sappy about how she really wanted those babies after all.

2. Bree and Karl are so wrong for each other that they're right for each other, if you know what I mean. Maybe Orson will end up with Katherine?

3. Creepy new neighbors... I hope Julie is all right.

4. Carlos's niece... I enjoy watching Gaby get tough with her, but that's going to get old soon.

5. So Mike ended up marrying Susan and Katherine's jealous and bent on revenge. Wake me up when it's over.

What did the rest of y'all think?

vCash
    Gabi at the Night Club was

New neighbors son is but at the same time. I think they jumped the shark a little too soon with his plot line though, but maybe he's not really Julie's attacker after all.

So Karl now just has to Lynette and Gabi to bag before he's made the complete round of Wysteria Lane yeah? Now THAT is a plot line that I'm already tired of.

The whole back and fourth with this Mike and Susan relationship is a tad annoying too.

I'm surprised the abortion word didn't get thrown around already by Lynette in this episode, I'm expecting that to come up as well.

vCash
    I was tired and not paying attention a whole lot when I watched last night. Where was MJ at the wedding? I don't recall seeing him.

I thought it was juicy when Katherine had on Susan's wedding dress and stirring the pot of tomato sauce! I've done that where it does splash on you and it's almost impossible to get out unless you wash it right away.

Susan and Mike are so right for one another. They make a handsome couple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    I was tired and not paying attention a whole lot when I watched last night. Where was MJ at the wedding? I don't recall seeing him.
    He was the ring bearer. And when they're walking back down the aisle, you can see him and Julie in the background. Speaking of which. What the heck did they put Julie in? The only way I can describe the dress is short with paniers. And fugly. But I really liked Susan's headpiece/tiara.

Count me as one who thinks Lynette will get an abortion. Or at least make it to a clinic to get one, but might chicken out after she hears the heartbeats or something like that. They also might do a miscarriage, but they already did the "mom doesn't care about the baby until it's been miscarried" storyline with Gabby.

And I do like Gabby's storyline, but it will get old really quickly.

Why would anyone invite brand new neighbors to a wedding? Because that's what Susan and Mike did. And I did think it was very rushed in the development of the storyline between the new kid and Julie. First he sees her. Then she's tutoring him and talking about how good of friends they are. Then they're having a lovers spat. And thrown in there is a creepy scene with the dad. It was all very

vCash
    I did like Julie's line to Mike about him marrying the most mentally stable out of the two. That made me giggle a little.

vCash
    Katherine wore the ultimate no-no color at the wedding - a red dress!

Lynette will probably have a nervous breakdown or something - there's got to be a new storyline - one that hasn't been done before. I know it's not reality, but one would think someone would get "fixed" so there weren't any more kiddies.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    How many times can creepy new people move into this neighborhood? This episode was disappointing for me. I don't want to be in for a repeat of last season when creepy Dave moved into the neighborhood and the season when creepy special child was locked in the basement, and the season Katherine moved in with the creepy ex, etc etc etc
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    So now Katherine is evil. Sigh. The writers just can't seem to decide who this character is - she started out as a manipulative control freak, became an abused victim, then suddenly had the same down-to-earth personality as Lynette, and now she is going to be a crazy bitch out for revenge.

Nothing wrecks a show more than writers who keep wildly changing their characters' entire personas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    How many times can creepy new people move into this neighborhood?
    Wouldn't you think the residents of Wisteria Lane would be suspicious now of any new neighbors?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I wonder if the police will go after Katherine for the attempted murder (murder?) or Julie? She could easily be seen as having the motive to get revenge.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by libby View Post
    So now Katherine is evil. Sigh. The writers just can't seem to decide who this character is - she started out as a manipulative control freak, became an abused victim, then suddenly had the same down-to-earth personality as Lynette, and now she is going to be a crazy bitch out for revenge.

Nothing wrecks a show more than writers who keep wildly changing their characters' entire personas.
    Well, this show IS a spoof of Daytime Soap Operas It's reminding me of All My Children more and more

vCash
    I actually enjoyed last night's episode. Both love & hate Bree and Carl together. Love that 'nasty' Katharine is back. I really didn't like her at all last season. Think there's a lot more to the new family than was let on. And am glad Mike married Susan. I think the storyline got a little (actually a lot) derailed last year because Gale Harold's of the motorcycle accident.

vCash
    I didn't hate her last season, her character being nice and "normal" just made no sense at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    How many times can creepy new people move into this neighborhood? This episode was disappointing for me. I don't want to be in for a repeat of last season when creepy Dave moved into the neighborhood and the season when creepy special child was locked in the basement, and the season Katherine moved in with the creepy ex, etc etc etc
    Very true. It would be funny if some minor character leaves Wisteria Lane and moves to the hood, the barrio, or the trailer park specifically to get away from the endless cycle of psychos and to meet some nice, normal people for once.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    The show will never have Lynette electing to get an abortion. It's too much of a hot button issue nowadays. Do characters on daytime soaps even get abortions any more? It seems to me it was more of a popular "option" during the 80's with Dallas, Dynasty, Knots Landing, etc., but the political atmosphere has changed in the US since then.

It's more likely she'll have a miscarriage (probably brought on by someone's whacked out behavior).

vCash
    I know that Days of Our Lives did an abortion episode a few years ago. Others have too I think.

vCash
    AMC did one, and then had the infamous storyline of Josh being Erica's aborted son, the embryo or fetus or whatever being implanted in a nurse at the clinic and carrying the baby to term. Granted that was a 1970s storyline I believe.

It amuses me that it's more of a hot button issue now than it was in the 80s.

vCash
    It is odd that abortion is so much more verboten on prime-time TV these days than it was 20 years ago. I remember a number of storylines on nighttime shows in which women had abortions back in the 80's and early 90's after Maude broke the taboo in 1972 (Sela Ward had one on Sisters). But somehow the topic has always been more acceptable on daytime soaps (the first TV abortion happened years before Maude, on Another World in 1964).

I seriously doubt Lynette will have an abortion. The miscarriage-caused-by-someone-else plot seems to be the way prime-time television almost always deals with unwanted pregnancies.

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    There is always post-partum and totally rejecting her babies.
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    It's more likely she'll have a miscarriage (probably brought on by someone's whacked out behavior).
    If DH wanted to take out General Hospital, she'd have words at the top of a flight of stairs with a pushing-happy character. Eternal revenge and mafia wars ensue.

Poor Lynette. She's the character that gets everything unglamorous while the others get wedding dress after book deal after rich husband, etc. etc. She gets cancer, pregnant again, Tom's forgotten daughter, job issues, etc. I wish they'd give her a successful career again. Kick Tom the eff out and kick ass in those wicked suits she briefly had.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast