Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Charlie said that hottie had better get used to talking to him, now that the single worst thing had happened to humankind. Or something like that. In other words, hottie and Charlie are somehow involved in something that caused the blackout.
    Just replayed it on my tivo and he said hottie had to get used to talking to him now that they're responsible for the single worst thing that happened to humankind.

OK, I didn't see that one coming, but yay Charlie!
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Okay, was this episode scary? I found the last one kind of scary, with the dead birds, the giant windbird etc. So was this one scary or even scarier? I won't watch it then. Would appreciate your evaluation!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I wouldn't call it scary. It was more emotional than scary.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Hottie is an Aussie? I thought he was a Brit. Can never tell them apart.

Charlie said that hottie had better get used to talking to him, now that the single worst thing had happened to humankind. Or something like that. In other words, hottie and Charlie are somehow involved in something that caused the blackout.
    Hottie is British.

Charlie revealing that he and hottie are responsible for the flashforward made me . So maybe it was Charlie at the ballpark while hottie was out like a light with the rest of the population since hottie revealed what his flashforward was.

vCash
    I liked this show but it has taken me awhile to get used to it. I really like last night's episode!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I wouldn't call it scary. It was more emotional than scary.
    OK, thanks. Will watch it now. With a teddy bear in front of my eyes... I can't believe that I have no problems with TV-series like Supernatural, but these Mystery series always creep the hell out of me.

vCash
    One thing that bugs me about the show is how they keep replaying certain things, like Penny's - oops, Olivia's - flashforward, for example. It's like the writers think the viewers are too stupid to remember that she saw that she was having an affair with Lloyd in her flashforward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
    Okay, was this episode scary? I found the last one kind of scary, with the dead birds, the giant windbird etc. So was this one scary or even scarier? I won't watch it then. Would appreciate your evaluation!
    I know what you mean about the "birds" episode. This one is not scary like that.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
    OK, thanks. Will watch it now. With a teddy bear in front of my eyes... I can't believe that I have no problems with TV-series like Supernatural, but these Mystery series always creep the hell out of me.
    Where I actually bought the first season of Supernatural at a friend's suggestion, and couldn't even get through the first seven minutes of episode one. I had to stop it.

BTW, anyone want to buy season 1 of Supernatural...
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    One thing that bugs me about the show is how they keep replaying certain things, like Penny's - oops, Olivia's - flashforward, for example. It's like the writers think the viewers are too stupid to remember that she saw that she was having an affair with Lloyd in her flashforward.
    That bothers me as well, very much. However, they're doing it for a purpose. They know that people may not have watched the pilot, and are entering the show late due to the buzz (that would have been their hope when they wrote it). So they are, in effect, "re-running" key plot points for new viewers.

But I do hope they stop after a certain point. Oy.

Still, I like Joseph Fiennes. I *lurve* him in this. Even his accent - not half bad. He's obviously worked hard on it.

vCash
    I love the way this show messes with your mind... like if they didn't have a flashforward in the first place, maybe this stuff wouldn't happen in the first place. Whenever Joseph Fiennes (still cannot for the life of me remember character names) finds another piece of the mystery and puts it up on his cork board, it looks just like his flashforward and it's like he's making it happen. It messes with my mind!!! I keep thinking Just put the picture in a different spot so it's not exactly the same, and maybe it won't come true!!!

And last night with the patient who saw in his flash forward the leather pants and that he'd turned "black" was hilarious - but it saved him when Guy With Gun on Pier recognized the symptoms of his disease. The Wife annoyed me though, accusing Guy With Gun of the exact same thing she was doing.

And the Hobbit!!!! SOOO excited he's on this show, I can't wait for next week!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    My annoying neighbor came by during the last 15 minutes. What did *Charlie* say to hottie Aussie?
    Hottie Aussie is definitely British, not Australian. But yes, hot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Was the woman who called Dmitry played by Shohreh Aghdashloo? It sounded like her. I love her. great cast.
    OH OH OH, that's who it is. I was trying so hard to place her. That's absolutely her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    Where I actually bought the first season of Supernatural at a friend's suggestion, and couldn't even get through the first seven minutes of episode one. I had to stop it.

BTW, anyone want to buy season 1 of Supernatural...
    Already have it, but thanks for the offer!

I think Supernatural is just so unrealistic as a series that my brain accepts, that everything there is just an imagined story. And gore doesn't bother me, I am a med-student, I live for gore.

But Flashforward looks so real, most of the times all the people on the show do stuff, that everybody does - work in a hospital etc. They portray these normal families. And then suddenly the scary, very secretive stuff happens, that endangers this very realistic-seeming world. I can't explain it better.

Last episode was not scary though. I enjoyed it. I love Fiennes.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I also think this show is really good at mind fecking! I wonder if it will be addressed as to whether the future is actually predetermined or if the visions just kind of guarantee the future by making people give in to what they saw. If anyone, even one person, manages to make their vision not come true then the visions were for nothing except to push people in a certain direction. If every.single.persons. vision comes true then the show is saying that the future is set and there is NOTHING we can do about it. Kind of an interesting and risky statement, for sure...
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    ok I admit I was disappointed in the resolution of Ned Nedd, because I was convinced that he was going to die, be an organ donor, and perhaps his heart would end up in the body of an African-American man with a lot more social confidence than Ned had. I still have hope that the Addison's is a red herring and this will still happen.

I don't much care about Nicole or her future. Ever so slightly interesting that she is apparently also in AA (probably why the family would be so determined to keep her on after she flaked for 2 weeks), but overall I'd be just as happy to never see her character again.

Gotta love all the trailer park stereotypes smashed into that chase scene: the African-America man playing the blues, the drunken bottle blonde stumbling out of a trailer, the violent pit bull chained up outside, the laundry hanging on a line....nice

Wheeeeeeee Charlie Simon!! That's what I'm talkin about!

I still wanna know WTF that kid saw at the end of last week's ep...
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Small spoiler, but an old friend of mine's son is one of the actors on Flash Forward, and apparently

Spoiler

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    Thankfully FlashForward (IMO) is a better series than Swingtown and the ABC did a great job promoting it.

Is Grant Show back on Melrose?
    I thought Swingtown was one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. Rewatched the entire thing this summer and appreciate the acting and subtleties of the storylines even more.

Grant Show is in Jenna Elfman's new comedy Accidentally on Purpose (which isn't bad, and as the uber rich executive, he's looking hot); the guy who played Roger is in Cougartown, and Michael Rady, who played the teacher, is in the new Melrose Place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    That's actually helpful for those of us who are late to the party I've noticed that most of the new shows this season are working hard to gather additional viewers by bringing them up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I also think this show is really good at mind fecking! I wonder if it will be addressed as to whether the future is actually predetermined or if the visions just kind of guarantee the future by making people give in to what they saw. If anyone, even one person, manages to make their vision not come true then the visions were for nothing except to push people in a certain direction. If every.single.persons. vision comes true then the show is saying that the future is set and there is NOTHING we can do about it. Kind of an interesting and risky statement, for sure...
    Interesting idea - makes me wonder if at least some people were given FFs that were designed to make them do certain things that are part of whoever's behind this's grand plan.

The whole question of whether or not you can change the future (or even the past) is a huge part of Lost as well.

Random note for Lost fans: this week on The Mentalist, the leader of a hard core biker gang was played by Jacob (and quite well!).

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    This show is getting better and better. But I'm hoping Smart Gay Woman Agent isn't croaked!

Congress masturbating. A great line....
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    PRlady, I hope she isn't dead as well but that would raise some interesting questions about the true nature of the flash forwards if she is. She saw herself getting an ultrasound and being told she was having a baby girl so the viewer assumes that she will be alive six months from now. If she dies then what does that mean for Dimitri?

Or can we the viewer assume she doesn't die because of her flashforward?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast