Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I'm not much of a TV watcher, I tend to have two or three shows I watch and that's it. But I have to say TV writing is getting better. Lost and FlashForward are so much more sophisticated than the crap that passed for drama in the '70s and '80s, even the procedural shows are better-done.

That's what's going to keep shows on the air despite audience fragmentation and the fact that some of us cheapskates won't spring for HBO and other premium channels. (I still have never seen a Sopranos episode, for example.)

And I was out last night and missed FF, I assume it's on Hulu?
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I'm not much of a TV watcher, I tend to have two or three shows I watch and that's it. But I have to say TV writing is getting better. Lost and FlashForward are so much more sophisticated than the crap that passed for drama in the '70s and '80s, even the procedural shows are better-done.

That's what's going to keep shows on the air despite audience fragmentation and the fact that some of us cheapskates won't spring for HBO and other premium channels. (I still have never seen a Sopranos episode, for example.)

And I was out last night and missed FF, I assume it's on Hulu?
    Never watched the Sopranos, but that's for my own reasons. I find that show to be insulting to NJ and Italian Americans.

I do agree that the writing on Lost and FF is superior. It would be a shame if ABC screws up and cancels the show.

vCash
    I like the show but I have a serious peeve with it, how could Janis be walking about like nothing happened after being shot and going through surgery? She must be on some good pills. And also, if her uterus suffered serious damage, how could she even consider getting pregnant at this point? That's just irresponsible, someone should tell the writers it takes time to heal.

Btw, I also love Bryce/Keiko/Nicole, the characters are very endearing. I don't understand all the Demetri love, even though John Cho is doing a good job. I also find it amusing that no one comments on Joe Fienne's american accent, it's on par with Hugh Laurie's... it's not his fault if the character is crap.
    And I like the fact that they made Simon a genius who actually uses his brain power in practical situations, usually they aren't written that way.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Not that happy with this as a second to last eppy ever. I didn't like that Bryce ran off to Keiko like that knowing that Nicole was supposed to be drowned by someone later that evening. Mark was pretty annoying.

Too bad we will never know what happens past next week. Can't ScyFy pick this up?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Not that happy with this as a second to last eppy ever. I didn't like that Bryce ran off to Keiko like that knowing that Nicole was supposed to be drowned by someone later that evening. Mark was pretty annoying.

Too bad we will never know what happens past next week. Can't ScyFy pick this up?
    That would be good. But does ScyFy have the money for a production like FF?

I was a little bugged that Bryce ran off like that too. Maybe the point was, he really is not who he appears to be. I don't see how they will be able to resolve the show next week. too many loose ends. Anyone know if it is more than an hour? ABC is really screwing up with this one. First their fight with cable and not airing part of the Oscars, now not giving what could be a great show a chance. Not sure if I have much reason to watch ABC anymore.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I don't see how they will be able to resolve the show next week. too many loose ends. Anyone know if it is more than an hour?
    I think next week is two hours.

I thought the Bryce/Nicole and Demetri/Zoe story lines were awkwardly rushed.

I loooooved the scene with Mark and his daughter. I was disappointed in the way that Mark went off the deep end so quickly. My 13 yo asked me "Why is he acting like that?". The best answer that I could come up with is that his daughter saw him die in her FF and he feels really bad about it.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    That would be good. But does ScyFy have the money for a production like FF?
    They'd probably have to cut back on some of the actors, but ScyFy has a lot of shows that have big computer effects. Not sure that some of these particular actors would want to be on ScyFy and not on network.

I expect there will be a lot of things that will never be resolved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie View Post
    I think next week is two hours.

I thought the Bryce/Nicole and Demetri/Zoe story lines were awkwardly rushed.

I loooooved the scene with Mark and his daughter. I was disappointed in the way that Mark went off the deep end so quickly. My 13 yo asked me "Why is he acting like that?". The best answer that I could come up with is that his daughter saw him die in her FF and he feels really bad about it.
    That is a good take. I also thought that possibly (can't remember the name of the head bad guy) head bad guy telling him that his daughter would be better off without him got to him.

I also didn't like Tracey dying.

vCash
    I can hardly believe this is the end. FF is such a great show. I hope it gets picked up by another channel.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    I guess Tracy didn't die, that's good.

I can't believe that was the end. It's like they found out they were being cancelled and did some sort of "future" montage at the end to wrap it up. I also hope some other network picks it up. The show was great ABC screws up once again.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I can't believe that was it either. It was so good.

vCash
    I am all about the Keiko/Bryce/Nicole storyline (and Ed is cute!).

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Great season finale, awful series finale. Too many loose ends. I would love if another network picked it up. I'm surprised we didn't see Zoe in this episode. Her flash forward was a big part of the season and they just ignored it.

vCash
    I am gonna remember and miss this series for a loooong time. And I agree about there being too many loose ends. For one thing I hate the way Dimitri treats Zoey. She put everything on the line for him, but he preferred to "live in the moment" and help Janis with her flashforward, but now all he thinks about is Janis and the baby. Then there is Bryce who seems to forget the Nicole is supposed to drown that night. It would be nice to have at least some sort of movie or mini-series to wrap things up.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213