Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I'm sitting here trying to remember and I can't even remember last nights show. It was very to me. I really don't like Owen's character at all. Never have.

And I hate Kim Raver, so automatically hate her character. Hated her on Third Watch. Hated her on 24. Hate her hate her hate her.

vCash
    And I hate Kim Raver, so automatically hate her character. Hated her on Third Watch. Hated her on 24. Hate her hate her hate her.
    I hated her on Lipstick Jungle too. Oh wait, maybe I just hated that whole show!!

vCash
    Oh, I really like Teddy... And I really like Owen. I'm very happy with them in the cast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I hated her on Lipstick Jungle too. Oh wait, maybe I just hated that whole show!!
    I didn't hate any of the actresses on Lipstick Jungle, but I did hate the show.

vCash
    I did enjoy KH on Grey's, but I agree, there isn't much more they could give to her and make it a good believable storyline. I'll miss Izzie and Alex, and I truly believe they have great chemistry. Though KH's excuse for wanting out early is a legitimate one (wanting to spend more time with her baby), it doesn't work in her case. She wanted out long before that baby arrived. But whatever. The show will go on without her, and Alex will move on, too... but hopefully not with that short-haired Mercy chick (does she have a name?).

vCash
    Tonight's episode - interesting learning more about Alex. Filling in the blanks. His brother seems nice. I really like Mer and Alex's friendship, always have. As Mer can be blah at times, she is a good friend, one consistency with this show.
    Bailey - awesome as usual.
    I just don't think Christina and Owen are a good couple.
    Also I am starting to think that Lexie and Sloan belong together.

vCash
    I watched for the first time in a long time because I heard it was going to be an Alex episode, and it was good.

Can't believe they are STILL dragging out the Lexi/Mark crap, or the Teddy/Owen thing, but at least I didn't have to mute anything when I watched like I did when the Izzie/Denny saga was going on.

Glad Izzie's gone. They backed that character into a corner she couldn't get out of and there was no where good for her to go. I liked her in the early series, but it's been painful to watch her these past couple of years.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    I feel like this season is a complete dud. We didn't really learn much new about Alex in this episode except for the foster home thing. We already knew about his crazy mother and abusive father. All it did is reinforce how hard it is for Alex to be regular given what he grew up with. Despite not visiting, he has been sending money home and taking care of his mother's medication.

I hate the latest turn with Owen because I find it ridiculous that they abandoned the PTSD storyline at the start of the season. If he had stopped seeing the psychiatrist, shouldn't that have at least been mentioned? For 16 episodes he was basically depicted as being fine, even berating Cristina for not opening up, and then suddenly he's worse than he ever was last season. He's being aggressive and abusive. Yes, he should go back to the shrink.

It's like the writers are grasping for storylines. What's next, Dr. Kepner is going to go stalker crazy and try to harm Meredith?

vCash
    Bumping this up. Determined to keep this thread going as this season limps to the finish. I won't endure it alone.

I actually liked the Sloan Sloan/Sloan content and the Callie/Arizona scenes. Especially liked where Arizona told Callie she's not broken, she just doesn't want kids.

The Teddy/Owen stuff is now just annoying. Typical soap opera stuff. I'm sure Shonda Rhimes' big finale will be even more ridiculous.

Oh, and someone wake up Patrick Dempsey. He appears to be asleep. Not good when portraying a neurosurgeon.

vCash
    Limping to the finish.

Anyone have any comments about last night's episode?

vCash
    Ok episode, nothing special. Christina was good. Love Alex.
    I saw on one of the entertainment shows that Ellen Pompeo said when her contract is up in 2 years, she most likely will not resign. Said people have had enough of Meredith Grey. They have Lexie, but not sure if the show could continue. As much as Mer is annoying character - she is the center that is key. A much as people criticize, she has relationships with many.
    Plus it might be good to end the show. I still watch it and enjoy it, but it is 6 years old and not many shows can keep things up for long.

vCash
    I thought Christina was fabulous. It's not often that she cracks, but when she does, it's powerful.

I really like Alex. Not sure if I like him with Lexie, as I think he and Izzy had great chemistry, and Alex and Lexie not so much IMHO. But if it gets him storylines, I can live with him and Lexie.

Callie and Arizona parting ways was very sad, but I figured someone was going to break sooner or later. And I'm not surprised that it was Callie.

I kinda miss the angsty Meredith

That is all!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdycool View Post

I kinda miss the angsty Meredith
    Hush your mouth! When we get angsty Meredith, that seems to be about ALL we get. Bailey gets no storyline. Alex gets no storyline. Callie goes back to sideline fodder, and Mark is simply eye candy. Christina gets more camera time, and I imagine Kim Raver's charater would because she's a bigger name, and that's all we'd have.

I missed a lot of the episode due to a phone call last night, catching only the last 20 minutes. I'd love, LOVE Derek to eff off as chief. Jeebus. If they killed Derek off and that's why we'd get an angsty Meredith, I'd be okay with that.

vCash
    Derek hasn't had an interesting storyline in ages. I wouldn't care if his character was gone. I like PD in movies better anyhow

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    Derek hasn't had an interesting storyline in ages. I wouldn't care if his character was gone. I like PD in movies better anyhow
    There has been a rumour floating around that he may leave, along with Ellen Pompeo. I really don't see them as central characters in the show any more. Sloan, Callie, Alex and most of the other "secondary" characters are much more interesting, IMO.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    Any speculation on who's going to die next week? I don't know of anyone set to leave the show, but since they don't always announce that kind of stuff ahead of time, anyone's game. My gut is telling me one of the 2 Mercy chicks (don't remember their names). They both annoy me, so I won't be too heartbroken should one be killed off.

Anyway, I loved the old people tonight. They kinda made me tear up.

Christina was fabulous as always. And I thought it was sweet that she gets her own room in Derek & Meredith's new house.

Still am not digging Alex and Lexie together.... hope Lexie takes the ball that Sloan threw in her court and runs with it. Wasn't too sure about them at first, but they grew on me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdycool View Post
    Christina was fabulous as always. And I thought it was sweet that she gets her own room in Derek & Meredith's new house.
    I hated the part about the room in the new house. It was like, is Cristina so pathetic and unable to have a life of her own that she needs a room at Meredith's?

It's already been stated that Reed and the big guy won't be back next season. Jackson will be, and unsure about the last Mercy chick, Kepner.

Last night on Private Practice they killed off Dell. His character had only a few spots of activity this season. Most of the time he was a glorified extra. Killing him still had an impact because he was a character viewers cared about. I don't think viewers give a crap about Reed or any of the Mercy crew, except for Jackson, but they've been on screen enough for their deaths to have some impact.

We'll see next Thursday.

vCash
    I won't be surprised if they kill Ben.

Spoiler

vCash
    Just a hunch, but I wouldn't be surprised if next week's red shirt turns out to be either Teddy or Owen. One of the themes of this episode was not letting the chance to be with the love of your life pass you by. Since Shonda Rhimes never gives us perfect, happy-happy outcomes for everyone, my guess is that to balance the old couple's happy ending, she will give us a tragic ending for another couple. I think it will be Teddy & Owen, and that he will realize too late that he really loves her. Either way, it will be a punch in the gut as usual.

EDITED to add that this is not an altogether horrible outcome, as we will then be treated to another amazing Sandra Oh performance as Christina reacts to all of this. The more Christina we get, the better I like it.
    Last edited by pilgrimsoul; 05-14-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Added thought

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Last night on Private Practice they killed off Dell. His character had only a few spots of activity this season. Most of the time he was a glorified extra. Killing him still had an impact because he was a character viewers cared about.
    Just watched this week's Private Practice. I love Dell. I'm so annoyed that they killed him!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast