Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

vCash
    I thought Richard had been sober for awhile, then recently starting drinking again. But this show does play with continuity. I still really enjoy the show, and just have to go with the flow.

vCash
    And apparently Heigl is leaving the show. Or rather, left it already. As in, no more episode with Izzie.

Finally. I haven't missed her at all and the show is better without her.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Count me as another who is happy Izzy won't be around anymore. I've enjoyed the show so much more with her gone and I was dreading her coming back.

I know I haven't commented much in this thread lately (which is sad since I'm the originator of it, LOL ) but I am still watching the show and for the most part have enjoyed this season. I like the stories, I like how Mer & Derek aren't the main focus all the time, I like Owen & Cristina and the new Cardio god lady, and I really like that Sloan is growing up and becoming more of an adult even without losing his snarkiness and sarcasm. It's been a good year for Grey's and I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming up next.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Callie and Bailey were priceless tonight!
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    no more episode with Izzie.

Finally. I haven't missed her at all and the show is better without her.
    There might be one more appearance to officially wrap up her storyline, but it really is for the best. Once she walked out the first time at the beginning of the season, her character became extraneous. Give the new characters some room to breathe. She doesn't want to be on the show. Diva Heigl has made that painfully obvious. Time to give her what she wants. I predict within three years her movie "career" will have run its course. If Grey's is still on the air, she'll magically reappear just as Alex, Meredith and Cristina are all finishing their residencies and becoming attendings.

vCash
    With the exception of Derek being chief, which I just CAN NOT stand, I've really enjoyed this season. And I'm sad to say that, because that means I don't miss George or Izzie. I think the show really did need this shot in the arm from the new characters, and the writers have risen to the challenge with more to work with. It's not all saaaad Snow Patrol songs and heartbreak anymore; it's quirky and fun and I even enjoy Meh a lot these days. I bet you I could stomach a breakup of her and Derek, even.

So, sad to see Heigl go, because I really liked her, but what else were they going to do with her character?
    Last edited by Andora; 03-12-2010 at 06:58 PM.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    Callie and Bailey were priceless tonight!
    Just the fact that Bailey was shown as more vulnerable was great for me. I laughed and laughed at the whole "surgical area" scene.

vCash
    I am glad to see some fun back in the show again. I enjoyed last night's episode a lot. I love Sloan trying to find a meaningful relationship. Eric Danes really plays the "confused macho guy trying to be sincere" well lol. Loved Callie and Bailey's scenes. Kinda bummed the whole kid thing came up with Callie and whatsername. I like them as a couple on the show. Loved when Bailey's guy told her to stop lecturing him and told her how to have a conversation about it lol. Someone finally put Bailey in her place!

vCash
    Loved last night's episode. Loved it. Loved Callie and Bailey. Loved Mark and Teddy. And finally they let Miranda have a make out session. It's about time.

vCash
    "I told her to think of him as a candy bar." Finally, something memorable from Arizona.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    Just the fact that Bailey was shown as more vulnerable was great for me. I laughed and laughed at the whole "surgical area" scene.
    So true. Love Bailey, one of my fav characters. The guy seems really nice, hope he treats her right!
    Love Sloan, he just amuses me, and he is trying to grow up.
    Christina always entertains me and I love competitive Christina
    Should have seen it coming with Callie and Arizona, they have been happy for awhile, so now time for bumps in the road. Same for Mer and Derrick too.

Saw that Heigl is not returning, good, her story is over. Let Alex get on with his life.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    This is totally random and not entirely related to this week's show but I've been watching the old episodes on Lifetime most evenings (great blasts from the past!) and they have mentioned Richard drinking in several of the shows. I never noticed or paid much attention back when I first saw those shows but now that we're looking back on things it doesn't seem out of place that he fell off the wagon so badly this season. The Lifetime episodes are at the time when Izzie cut the LVAT wire and they threw that Prom for the Chief's niece at the hospital. It was a few episodes ago that something was mentioned about his drinking and there were a few more prior to that too. I guess they were hoping we would all have great memories and just remember those old episodes better, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Time to bump this thread up again.

While I really appreciated Kevin McKidd's performance in last night's episode, I felt it kind of came out of left field. As they've given Owen no scenes with his therapist since week one, and the character has been portrayed as over this PTSD, it weakened the impact. Of course, no one is ever really over such a thing. They do get "better," and then something can trigger an episode. But they began the show with him clearly still struggling.

I feel the writers write from a knee jerk kind of place. "Oh yes, we have this plot line with an Iraqi war vet with PSTD. Let's use that this week. We really should remind viewers Owen has issues."

Again, great performance and powerful scenes, but somehow a touch disappointing.

vCash
    Yeah I agree pixie. Also, I don't like the character Owen, so I didn't care quite as much. And I'm way over the whole Owen/Teddy thing. Bleh.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I don't like Owen either, and thought last night's episode was a big
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    I don't like Owen either, and thought last night's episode was a big
    I loved Owen throughout last season and found the way the character battled with PTSD fascinating. This season, they haven't known what to do with him. In TV they live by the motto that you can't draw out an issue or you're seen as boring. That is a shame. To me, they could have shown him healing slowly. Feeling better, allowing himself to be happy, but also still struggling to fully integrate his past and his present. In last season's finale, he went to see his mother to finally tell her he's home from Iraq. Wouldn't it have been interesting to see scenes of him with his mother this season? It's like they shoved the whole storyline to the side and then in a knee jerk decided to bring it back for dramatic effect. Good viewing, but poor execution.

vCash
    I disliked last night's episode. It was boring to me. While I liked Hunt last year, he's become this sad excuse this year. Even the fire and passion that he was displaying with Christina is gone and replaced by a character that could have fit in with the ER crowd better.

Bringing Albinoni Back
    vCash
    I haven't seen last night's episode yet but I'm curious about it. I'm not a big Owen fan to begin with (I love Kevin McKidd though) because they've done nothing really with his character. I like it when he's more involved with patients, I don't really like him with Cristina who is one of my favorite characters on the show.

As for the whole Heigl thing, I like her, I liked Izzie and Alex together and I'm going to miss that part of the show. I fully respect her for wanting to work part time and spend more time with her daughter though. I realize a lot of people don't buy that it's the reason she decided to leave but I do.

Then again, maybe she was afraid she'd have to screw another ghost if she came back. If that's the case, I don't blame her for that either.

vCash
    I loved Owen and Cristina together last season. I had high hopes for the writers creating interesting scenes showing how these two characters moved forward with their relationship and how he moved forward with his therapy and healing. By episode six or seven, I just wanted her to tell him off and kick him to the curb. The writers had neutered them, robbed them of their spark and made me as a viewer not care if they were together. I'd have to guess that the episode shortly after the long break where they were going at it all the time, was sort of makeup sex with the viewers. "We're sorry we took the charisma from the characters. Here are some love scenes."

I really do enjoy watching Kevin McKidd and Sandra Oh play scenes together. They deserve MUCH better material than they've gotten this season.

As for Heigl, she's a diva. Once she had a couple of successful movies, she was done with Grey's Anatomy. GIVE ALEX A NEW STORYLINE. About the one thing I've consistently enjoyed this season of Grey's have been Justin Chambers' scenes. Give him more to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    As for Heigl, she's a diva. Once she had a couple of successful movies, she was done with Grey's Anatomy. GIVE ALEX A NEW STORYLINE. About the one thing I've consistently enjoyed this season of Grey's have been Justin Chambers' scenes. Give him more to do.
    I have never been that big of a fan of KH, as I think there are hundreds/thousands of actresses that could do as well if not better than her. She has her niche in the movie world though so I don't blame her for wanting to capitalize on it. I also can understand her not wanting to work as much now that she has adopted her daughter. Though I would think that she would find the reduced schedule of a weekly television series to be more palatable to motherhood than feature films. But she was complaining about those "17 hour days." We aren't privy to the negotiations regarding her contract so the concept of a part-time schedule for her might not have been on the table at all.

In my opinion, she checked out of the sow several seasons ago and this was just the right time for her to be able to get out of the contract. I think she did some damage to her reputation and to her career in the way that she has acted (complaining, taking herself out of Emmy consideration and blaming the writers, jumping into the middle of conflicts, dismissing and downing her former roles to the press, etc.). But Hollywood producers have a short memory and that should be no big deal in a few years.

I haven't followed the drama of will she or won't she return very much. However, I do find it telling that they aren't bringing her back on to wrap up anything at all. I guess Alex will just get divorce papers served on him at work and move on. Most actors who get out of their contracts usually do so with the understanding that they agree to appear on the show one or two more times to tie up loose ends and/or move the story along. There was obviously more of the story planned since she was expected back on the set last month. However, that is all being scrapped now I guess. Shonda just doesn't seem like the type of person who would just wave and say good luck to you if you wanted out of your contract. YMMV

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast