Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    I'd much rather them continue with that then have all the over the Chief - a character who's been portrayed so badly this season, I no longer care about.
    About the only character I find myself caring about this season is Alex. Justin Chambers' performances have been touching. Everyone else is being handed bad dialog and seem to be doing it with no energy. This show is a mess. Shondra Rhimes -- deflate your ego for a minute and try to fix it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post

I can also appreciate they don't have him as a slobbering, incoherent drunk like they have shown Meredith and Lexie's dad to be during his relapses. There are functioning drunks. If you don't know them or their problem then you miss it.
    That's an excellent point.

I know people fall off the wagon, but I wish that there was a TV show that could have a character's problem with alchohol as just a fact, a backstory, and not a plot. The moment we found out about it way back in series 1 or 2, I knew that it was just a matter or time before he fell off the wagon, and that annoys me.

Meredith noticed it though. She know's he's an alchoholic now, after he liver thing, right? I wonder what, if anything, she'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    About the only character I find myself caring about this season is Alex. Justin Chambers' performances have been touching. Everyone else is being handed bad dialog and seem to be doing it with no energy. This show is a mess. Shondra Rhimes -- deflate your ego for a minute and try to fix it.
    ITA. I love Alex.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Bringing Albinoni Back
    vCash
    Justin Chambers is 147 kinds of amazing. It's a shame that they don't give him more to do. Alex has grown so much over the course of the show but we know next to nothing about him. Hell, we know more about Owen and Arizona than we do Alex who is an original character.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by discoduck View Post
    Justin Chambers is 147 kinds of amazing. It's a shame that they don't give him more to do. Alex has grown so much over the course of the show but we know next to nothing about him. Hell, we know more about Owen and Arizona than we do Alex who is an original character.
    I think we know a bit about Alex. He comes from Iowa. His father was an alcoholic and his mother battled depression. He went to college on a wrestling scholarship. He developed a hard edge because of his crappy childhood. His father is apparently still alive, but he has no contact with him. He was a creep with women until he fell for Izzie.

This is what I know about Arizona -- Kate Capshaw is a crappy actress and the character is so passive aggressive I want to choke her. The way Arizona has been written (probably due to the crappy actress) has made me not particularly like Callie, who previously was an incredibly sympathetic character you rooted for. Callie treats Cristina like dirt because Arizona is pissed that Cristina tried to get on her service. What a selfish, snotty, self-absorbed person Arizona is. She's all about loving the kids, try showing some understanding and compassion for another adult, rather than trashing her. The first words that were written for Arizona to say to Teddy was something snotty about Cristina.

As for Owen, I don't think the writers know what they want to make him. They wrote him really well as a tortured vet with PTSD, but now that he's recovering he borders between bewildered and a-hole.

Alex is the one character right now that truly makes sense. Bravo, Justin Chambers is getting his moment!

vCash
    I think we know a bit about Alex. He comes from Iowa. His father was an alcoholic and his mother battled depression. He went to college on a wrestling scholarship. He developed a hard edge because of his crappy childhood. His father is apparently still alive, but he has no contact with him. He was a creep with women until he fell for Izzie.
    And he lied on his application to Seattle Grace, pretending to have had cancer and only one testicle (which Lexie Grey knows is not true. )

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    And he lied on his application to Seattle Grace, pretending to have had cancer and only one testicle (which Lexie Grey knows is not true. )
    And despite that, hand Justin Chambers a child and magic occurs. His eyes almost imperceptibly light up and his body language changes. He has a hard edge, but Alex is my favorite character in the series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    And despite that, hand Justin Chambers a child and magic occurs. His eyes almost imperceptibly light up and his body language changes. He has a hard edge, but Alex is my favorite character in the series.
    I wonder if that's to do with Justin Chambers having 5 children himself, than his abilities as an actor or his character. But either way, it's good

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    I wonder if that's to do with Justin Chambers having 5 children himself, than his abilities as an actor or his character. But either way, it's good
    I think the actor's comfort around children has everything to do with what comes across on the screen. I agree. It's such a bonus.

vCash
    I've really had enough of the chief, retire him and give the job to someone else.
    I wish it could be Bailly, but she hasn't the experience.
    Will probably be McDreamy and McSteamy fighting it out for the job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    I've really had enough of the chief, retire him and give the job to someone else.
    I wish it could be Bailly, but she hasn't the experience.
    Will probably be McDreamy and McSteamy fighting it out for the job.
    I think this show is running out of steam. Chances are it will sputter to a close before it gets to that point.

vCash
    Bailey isn't ready to be Chief? Because, to me, she's the only one in that hospital who's shown the ability to run anything without losing her mind at the drop of drama. Plus, everyone listens to her.

I like Arizona. I didn't realize she was so awful and the actress was terrible. It's nice to have a chipper character who isn't Izzie. Who I still adore, but everytime they make her out to be a "bright and shiny" person, I'm kinda lost. I also don't really like Kim Raver in general, though, so...
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    Yeah that's how I've felt for most of this season as well. And I swear if they put Alex with lil miss mousie I will not be happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    Bailey isn't ready to be Chief? Because, to me, she's the only one in that hospital who's shown the ability to run anything without losing her mind at the drop of drama. Plus, everyone listens to her.
    I think they mean in terms of seniority. Bailey has only just been made an attending...I think she needs to be an attending for at least a few years, non?

I agree though - she's the best leader.

vCash
    I think they mean in terms of seniority. Bailey has only just been made an attending...I think she needs to be an attending for at least a few years, non?

I agree though - she's the best leader.
    Yeah, that is what I meant.

vCash
    Can someone remind me... whatever happened to Sydney Heron? I remember she sort of briefly dated Derek and then told him that they weren't right for each other and I think that's the last we've seen of her. Did she officially get written off or have they just not mentioned her for awhile?

vCash
    I don't remember them writing Sydney out. She's now appearing on that new show on Lifetime....Sherri.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    Can someone remind me... whatever happened to Sydney Heron? I remember she sort of briefly dated Derek and then told him that they weren't right for each other and I think that's the last we've seen of her. Did she officially get written off or have they just not mentioned her for awhile?
    She was always a fringe character who came in for occasional comic relief. She was never part of the actual cast.

I think the last time she appeared was an episode where she was running the clinic one day and she made Izzie do extra procedures on a guy with a perpetually runny nose. Turns out his brain was leaking. While the procedure she had done was in no way related to his brain issues, the extra time he spent at the clinic caused the true problem to be discovered.

Then she just disappeared. Don't think she was on at all in season five.

vCash
    Glad to see so many folks love Alex/Justin Chambers. I find his character the most interesting. In away I hope they keep him more supporting, as they would probably ruin the character if they made him front burner. Good actor, shows so much depth of a character. And love him with kids.
    I still find this show entertaining, but some things seem repetitive. Arizona reminds me a a version of Mer. I think it is the speech patern. Still has moments of friendship that I enjoy - mer and alex this past episode is an example.

vCash
    Since we won't have another new episode for almost two months, I'm bumping the thread. I thought last night's episode was a slight improvement, but I'm really hoping the extended break is being used to rethink this season's plots.

vCash
    Yeah I hope so as well. I didn't think the whole thing with the chief making excuses was that great. I did like whatshisface telling that woman he loved Cristina. I suck at new people names, sorry lol. I don't even care for his character that much, but Cristina has already been screwed over by one guy she cared for, and it's nice to see a guy have some integrity on one of these shows for a change.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast