Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I liked last night's ep too. It was kind of like a murder mystery. I enjoyed trying to figure out whodunit and it was also interesting to follow one story from several different points of view. I honestly didn't catch the mistake when it originally happened but when the Chief kept asking the one girl how the patient's throat looked, I was like, OH, she never checked her throat and that's what started the whole thing. Great episode overall.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I was on my laptop when it started, but I had to turn it off. If you missed a second, you were lost! Great episode!
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    I missed the part where Izzie left. What reason did they give for her leaving?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I missed the part where Izzie left. What reason did they give for her leaving?
    Izzie was fired. Although the chief said it was budgetary when he fired her -- as directed by someone from human resources -- technically she was fired for nearly killing a patient. Of course, we don't know if someone sabotaged her. Big guy who passed out last night is kind of creepy and repeatedly justifies sabotaging other residents.

I thought the episode was okay. Not good, not bad. Just okay. A huge part of Grey's is the deep characters, but that's been pushed to the side. I'm sure Shondra Rhimes thinks it's because she's showing the chaos of the merger. She always has excuses for everything that falls flat. But while you're trying to tell that story, you're sacrificing the show's main appeal.

What was the deal with Lexie sobbing over the teenager with the burns? While they've shown her to be a touch emotional in the past, she teared up over the lone survivor of the college kids in van accident, she's never been rendered unable to do her job. Huge injustice to her character just to force a plot.

vCash
    Thanks for the Izzie explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    What was the deal with Lexie sobbing over the teenager with the burns? While they've shown her to be a touch emotional in the past, she teared up over the lone survivor of the college kids in van accident, she's never been rendered unable to do her job. Huge injustice to her character just to force a plot.
    Maybe it was because the teenager was asking for his father and Lexie just had all those problems with her father?

vCash
    Burns smell quite bad, and the kid was in a lot of pain. I think that's challenging enough for anyone, and she's not an experienced doctor.

I liked the episode. It was nice and different. I only like the Mercy West doctor that Alex tried to hit. The others can go. I don't care about them.

I did, however, catch the mistake April(?) made at the time she made it. I've watched enough medical shows to know you have to check But still - we didn't know until quite late that she died, and it was complicated enough to keep me watching. Much better than last week, I thought!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    That kid with the burns, should have been intubated, sedated and given a lot more pain medicine than they obviously did. When Mark did the escharotomy of his arm...Ketamine would have done the trick for his pain. I'd have been crying for him too.

The woman who died...I noticed the mistake early on. But I was also waiting for the little boy to crump...he had soot around his nose...I thought he'd have problems too.

vCash
    Another dull, plodding episode last night. Thoughts?

vCash
    I don't like the chief anymore. Yes, I get that he's under a lot of pressure and that he doesn't like it, but the past few seasons, he's been a breath away from retiring. I just don't get why he doesn't buck up and actually do it.

I did like Lexie's smackdown about the diaper. The look on that dude's face was priceless.

Also liked how Owen actually taught Christina. We haven't been seeing a lot of teaching lately, so I almost missed it.

vCash
    I didn't find the episode dull or plodding. What a freaking breath of fresh air to have no relationship drama (save a very Alex), and such. Except I kind of hated Derek at the end with teh Chief. I don't like the Chief either, but Derek seems to have NO empathy for the rock and hard place he's stuck in currently. He just seemed like such a sanctimonious prick at the end. Ugh.

Lexie continues to be one of the bright spots of the show. I think the actress is great, and the character is fantastic. She brings the emotional drama, but is also silly and hilarious. Not a lot of the other actors can pull both. Loved her and Cristina walking down the hall.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    Last night's episode annoyed me somewhat....everyone was cranky and complaining to one another.....I don't like the girl that has the hots for Alex, at all. Shonda needs to knock of the flippant relationships. Give them some stability for a bit before you screw them up. Callie's gf(can't remember her name) annoyed me with her getting in Callie's face about not supporting her enough.

Overall last night's show was just annoying

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    Overall last night's show was just annoying
    They tried to shift back into relationship mode, but it was too quick of a downshift. All of a sudden short haired dr went from b*^%h to super sympathetic and lusting after Alex. Avery went from aggressive showoff to hitting on Cristina. And big guy still lumps around.

And please tell me why Arizona and Owen, two big shot attending physicians who are the heads of their departments, don't have their own apartments and only stay at Callie and Cristina's. I know it simplifies things for shooting, but it looks stupid.

vCash
    They tried to shift back into relationship mode, but it was too quick of a downshift. All of a sudden short haired dr went from b*^%h to super sympathetic and lusting after Alex. Avery went from aggressive showoff to hitting on Cristina. And big guy still lumps around.
    Yep, I can't stand them either. I know that's the idea, but I can't see that they're there for any plot advancement either. Do we need anyone lusting after married Alex? No. As much as I hate Izzie these days, definitely not.

Do we need someone lusting after Cristina not long after she's admitted she loves Owen? No.

Does the big lump serve any purpose at all? No.

I'm sick of the relationship drama, which seems to be all that the new characters are there for. I prefered the girl who was fired to Reed, and the guy lusting after Cristina just kind of seems too much like Alex.

Big thumbs down all around, except for them mocking Alex about holding the baby. That was the only thing that made me smirk.

Did anyone else see the preview for next week? How long is Izzie supposed to have been gone? Because her hair is kind of long now...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    Did anyone else see the preview for next week? How long is Izzie supposed to have been gone? Because her hair is kind of long now...
    Time is always a relative concept on Grey's. It passes when they want it to and doesn't when they want it to. Bailey's son is 3, but how is that possible when he was born at the end of the intern year, so he should only be about a 1 1/2. Meredith, Alex and Cristina only recently started their third year. Shondra Rhimes said something like they've only ever done one Thanksgiving show and one Christmas show, although I think they're doing those this season. Kind of like MASH, which lasted four times longer than the actual Korean War, this show has time pass but not pass.

vCash
    Better episode last night. I enjoyed it. I liked that Christina was put in her place a bit lol. The whole thing with the Chief was just...wow. Explains a lot. Hope that gets Izzy her job back, but who knows. I was glad Alex stood up for himself against Izzy and her little snit.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    The whole thing with the Chief was just...wow. Explains a lot.
    Can you recap this part? I was distracted and not paying that close of attention and I didn't tape the show.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Can you recap this part? I was distracted and not paying that close of attention and I didn't tape the show.
    IIRC, they showed the Chief sitting in the bar having a drink after dealing with his mistake during that one patient's surgery (the yellow guy) and while he was sitting there, they flashed back to all the things that have happened with him this season (the merger, firing people, etc) and kept flashing to various times of him drinking (I think, they may just have been flashing to him sitting at the bar). From those scenes I gathered that he's developed a bad drinking problem that is now affecting his work at Seattle Grace. I could be totally wrong about that but that's just my impression from the scenes last night. It was kind of sad.

I liked last night's episode too. Alex was , it was great seeing Meredith back at the hospital, Bailey and Mrs. Chief's interaction about being a 'work wife' and a 'home wife' was kind of amusing, and the stories overall were pretty solid. I love the actor who played Izzie's teacher (what is his name!?) and I always love seeing Kim Raver back on TV. I've been a big fan of hers since Third Watch. Good episode.
    Last edited by HeatherC; 11-14-2009 at 04:40 AM.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    The back story on the chief is that he's a recovering alcoholic. After Meredith's mother left Seattle Grace, he had a drinking problem for years. There was an episode a couple of years ago where his former AA sponsor was a patient.

Joel Grey played Izzie's teacher.

The scene between Alex and Izzie was the best scene in the show.

I liked Kim Raver. I liked the scene between Teddy and Owen and Owen's reaction.

What I didn't like was interactions between Cristina and Owen. They have completely lost their spark. He sits with the other attendings and mocks her? She says she has to break up with him because of his choice of a cardio dr? In what hospital does a resident "drive off" the head of a surgical department? The object is a viewer should care if they break up, but this viewer couldn't care less. Let him fulfill Dr. Altman's fantasy and Cristina can hook up with Avery in the on-call room. I look at Cristina and Owen and wonder if the writers have simply tossed out all the reasons that made them such a charismatic couple. Cristina is almost being played like a fool. You don't feel her pathos. Owen seems all better from PTSD (wouldn't someone who served with him in Iraq know why he was discharged) and no longer needs the compassion Cristina showed him when he was at the bottom. He's ready for happy times.

vCash
    I thought the chief story was I mean how contrived can you get? They sewed the seeds for that way back in series 1, and I knew they'd do it, but why the hell can't one show have a recovered alchoholic who stays the hell away from grog? ER had Abby relapse numerous times, and I can think of other shows, too.

In real life, my parents have friends who are alcoholics who haven't had a drink in 30+ years. I'd much rather them continue with that then have all the over the Chief - a character who's been portrayed so badly this season, I no longer care about.

The rest of it was ok though.

vCash
    I'm ok with the chief falling off the wagon. It does happen. Anyone who has an addiction knows it is a daily and sometimes hourly struggle. Since I've been hating the chief this season the drinking angle does offer a little mroe humanity to him.

I can also appreciate they don't have him as a slobbering, incoherent drunk like they have shown Meredith and Lexie's dad to be during his relapses. There are functioning drunks. If you don't know them or their problem then you miss it.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast