Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

vCash
    I thought it was an amazing episode. I first hour or so I was so tense, sitting on the edge of my seat. I work in a hospital and I didn't want to come into work today (completely irrational I know but a couple of my coworkers who watch the show said the same thing)

The only thing that really didn't 'fit' for me was Bailey not looking for other ways to get Charles out. I thought she would have tried a bit harder with that. Overall really well done episode though.
    Last edited by jenji124; 05-21-2010 at 09:12 PM.

vCash
    HERE is Shonda's blog about why she chose to have everything happen in the finale. And how she couldn't have Bailey get shot.

vCash
    I liked it, but I wasn't shaking with the tension. I saw another show which had a shootout in it not so long ago (Silent Witness, BBC, series 13, eps 7-8 if anyone is interested) and that had me on the edge of my seat for the first hour.

This I thought was good, but kind of predictable given all the spoilers out there.

Then again, at least there wasn't a cruel cliffhanger like last year!

Very enjoyable episode, IMO
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Correct spoilers do not make things predictable. Others thing in the finale may have (still haven't seen it. I have to wait for my sister to watch) but spoilers usually come from the script or eye witnesses at the filming.

vCash
    Haven't watched Grey's all season, but tuned in for the much hyped finale.

Most. Ridiculous. Finale. Ever.

I can't even begin to list all the comically implausible contrivances in it, but I must say Shonda has definitely outdone herself in that regard here.

That had to be the most incompetent SWAT team on the face of the earth. I literally could not stop laughing when one of them actually shot the gunman to save Lexi...then let him walk away!!! Are you kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Fooling the shooter that Derek was dead was pretty swift (although I just do not believe a guy willing to kill that many people would simply walk away without pumping another bullet into Derek just for the hell of it)...
    I know!

So, the gunman is specifically targeting and killing surgeons in cold blood left and right (even shooting one point-blank in the head) in an effort to find and kill Sheperd. So when he actually sees a surgeon freaking operating on Derek and trying to save his life...that's when he decides to hesitate? Puh-lease.

This show can't even stay contained in it's own internal logic.

Hell, why didn't the gunman pop Derek off in the head when he shot him initially to make sure he was dead? Isn't that what this whole rampage was about? To kill Sheperd?

And are you telling me those 6 people in that OR couldn't have jumped and taken down a 60+ year old man with a pistol? Owen was in the freakin military for crying out loud! You expect me to believe one non-life theatening gunshot to the shoulder, and he's out?

Just...

Obviously I haven't missed much.

Nice to see Sandra and Chandra still acting their butts off though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBZ View Post
    And are you telling me those 6 people in that OR couldn't have jumped and taken down a 60+ year old man with a pistol? Owen was in the freakin military for crying out loud! You expect me to believe one non-life theatening gunshot to the shoulder, and he's out?

Nice to see Sandra and Chandra still acting their butts off though.
    The camera cut to Jackson a couple of times, and I thought he was going to pull out that Ninja move he did early in the season. Nope!

Sandra Oh and Chandra Wilson are fabulous no matter what crap is thrown at them. Too bad they have to act in spite of not because of the script.

vCash
    That had to be the most incompetent SWAT team on the face of the earth. I literally could not stop laughing when one of them actually shot the gunman to save Lexi...then let him walk away!!! Are you kidding me?

So, the gunman is specifically targeting and killing surgeons in cold blood left and right (even shooting one point-blank in the head) in an effort to find and kill Sheperd. So when he actually sees a surgeon freaking operating on Derek and trying to save his life...that's when he decides to hesitate? Puh-lease.

This show can't even stay contained in it's own internal logic.

Hell, why didn't the gunman pop Derek off in the head when he shot him initially to make sure he was dead? Isn't that what this whole rampage was about? To kill Sheperd?

And this is why I didn't like it. It was way too implausible...

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I was willing to overlook the world's most incompetent SWAT team, but it bugged me that hour 1 ended with Xtina pulling back a screaming Mer, reacting to Derek being shot in plain sight of the two of them. Hour 2 starts and the shooter apparently never saw or heard them at all. Continuity problems are annoying.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I haven't seen this show since the first season (I had to stop because Meredith and Derek SUCK HARD! MOST ANNOYING COUPLE EVER!!!), but there was so much hype I PVR'd it. Ugh, it was fun in a Die Hard kinda way, but it wasn't particularly well done. Compared to the ER episodes where Lucy and Carter were stabbed, it doesn't compare. Doctors talking about their love lives during a shootout? And how did the shooter and the doctors get to all those different floors of the hospital? The elevator wasn't working, so why didn't the SWAT team block the staircase?

I know I'm biased because Meredith SUCKS, but am I to feel that her miscarriage is the worst thing that happened tonight? And her "You don't get to cry" speech to that talky girl was annoying--talky girl was THIS close to being shot. I guess the people who did die weren't particularly popular with the audience--there was a whiff of Nicky and Paulo in this episode. Whereas Lost made it kind of fun and tongue-in-cheek, I found this kinda distasteful.

It's not like I'll be watching the season premiere, but I'm sure Sandra Oh or McSteamy will crack a joke about the new interns being the new targets. Ooh, the hilarity!

vCash

Just as long as Evan doesn't get shot

I don't know whether this belongs in the DWTS thread or the Grey's Anatomy thread. I'll post it in both:

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/05/21...-evan-lysacek/

Shonda Rhimes a skating fan, who knew?

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I wonder if Meh's pleading of "Shoot me" was designed to echo her infamous "Choose me. Love. Me." speech, cause that's what I thought of.
    That's the first thing I thought of too!

Oh, and just to make sure everyone knows that MEH's misery is more than anyone else's on the planet, she miscarried and keeps on working!. Ok, Shonda, that's taking it beyond drama into buffoonery.
    Actually, I found that scene moving. She knew she was miscarrying, and there was nothing she could do about it...it made me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    The sad and sorry contrast is that the bomb episode was incredibly well acted and had a point. From Christina Ricci as the scared EMT to the moment where Cristina told Derek that Meredith had her hand on the bomb to when the bomb squad guy blew up to the scene where Cristina and Izzie take Meredith into the shower. Just an incredible, compelling episode.
    That is by far the best Grey's Episode ever! I still pop the dvd in and watch it from time to time. Christina Ricci was so amazing in that episode...didn't she win an Emmy for that performance?

I loved the finale, and although I notice them, don't really bother too much about inconsistencies and over the top stories. If unrealistic story lines pissed me off that much, I'd never watch another television show!
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    Correct spoilers do not make things predictable. Others thing in the finale may have (still haven't seen it. I have to wait for my sister to watch) but spoilers usually come from the script or eye witnesses at the filming.
    Except...well they do. We knew whose contracts weren't renewed et voila! We knew that Reed and the big dude would die. Sure, it was great to see Chandra acting her way to that conclusion, but there was nothing shocking about it. I knew the others would all pull through because they've all signed for another season, knew who the shooter was etc etc. Now the 007 twist last year? Did NOT see that one coming. At all. THAT was a good season finale.

Haven't watched Grey's all season, but tuned in for the much hyped finale.

Most. Ridiculous. Finale. Ever.

I can't even begin to list all the comically implausible contrivances in it, but I must say Shonda has definitely outdone herself in that regard here.

I know! To this, and to everything else in your post, word. Like I said before, I enjoyed it, but I've seen much better shootout scenes in other shows. This was pure entertainment, I didn't feel their fear and didn't really feel their pain either.

Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    And her "You don't get to cry" speech to that talky girl was annoying--talky girl was THIS close to being shot.
    Eys, but not having watched since the first season what you don't know is that annoying talky girl is annoying and talky, and cries a lot, and is in love with Derek. I'm pretty sure the "you don't get to cry" was because talky is not Derek's wife and Mer is, no matter how much Talky would like that to be different.

I wish she had been shot. Avery/Mr nice eyes was the only Mercy character worth keeping.

And thus ends a season of suckitude. Whee! It was fun though, so hopefully they can continue that into next year.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    Except...well they do. We knew whose contracts weren't renewed et voila! We knew that Reed and the big dude would die. Sure, it was great to see Chandra acting her way to that conclusion, but there was nothing shocking about it. I knew the others would all pull through because they've all signed for another season, knew who the shooter was etc etc. Now the 007 twist last year? Did NOT see that one coming. At all. THAT was a good season finale.
    Mmmm, I haven't bothered to know what actors were staying/going for GA, so for me it wasn't a foregone conclusion as to who would live/die (although I was *fairly* certain Derek was gonna pull through and Meh/Xtina would not be harmed ), but I thought last year's "007" thing was pretty obvious. And had already been done, much better, by ER over a decade before.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    And had already been done, much better, by ER over a decade before.
    Maybe I'm showing my lack of age but when was this done by ER?

vCash

vCash
    Ah. I remembered Gant dying but didn't remember the beeper thing.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112