Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash

Smile Grey's Anatomy Thread - 2009

Since I started the thread for Grey's last year, I figured I'd go ahead and start one for this year's season too.

I would write a little more but overall I really enjoyed the show last night. It had moments that made me laugh (I don't know why but the interns laughing together after George's funeral cracked me up....somehow it seemed appropriate), moments that made me cry (that part with Bailey finding out where George's organs were going to really got to me ), and most of all it kept my attention for the full two hours (and I didn't see the merge with Mercy West coming at all although I thought something was going to happen with regards to the chief). I loved the parts with Izzie and Alex. Their last scene especially was fantastic. You can tell how much the show is trying to hide Ellen's pregnancy but really it wasn't horribly noticable. The whole show felt more like the old Grey's Anatomy and hopefully it stays that way for this whole season. I'm encouraged and excited to see what else is in store for us this season.

Thoughts?
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I, too, laughed out loud during that funeral scene and I normally don't laugh out loud at anything on TV. It was just that contagious.

I didn't know Ellen was pregnant (or had heard once upon a time but forgot) so I didn't notice anything at all in regards to that during the episode.

The editing bugged me a bit in how they cut to commercials... felt a bit too abrubt at some breaks as if they were leaving something mid-scene. And maybe that was their intention but it wasn't working for me.

vCash
    Christina was especially obnoxious last night, so that bit at the end with "George O'Malley Died... " was kind of awesome. And I realize Izzie is world's most hated, but she's just awesome in my book. She and Alex keep me watching.

And the lack of MerDer drama? If that keeps up, I will stay watching all season. Can Ellen get pregnant every year, please? If it means no more of their off on BS?

I felt really unsettled most of the episode (maybe that was the point). I didn't enjoy it all. Really didn't see the point of "that's not George!" near the beginning. I mean, why? Why mess with it?
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I was watching some of the reruns on Lifetime and I wish I had kept up with the show. I really loved the first season. I don't know why but I just never picked it up again when the 2nd season started. I saw an episode here or there but I had missed too much to know what was going on with everyone and I just checked out. One day I will have to grab the DVDs.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    One day I will have to grab the DVDs.
    You can get them cheap on Amazon used. You can probably skip seasons three and especially four.

I think Cristina has coping mechanisms, and what resident wouldn't with all they go through. Her coping mechanisms probably date way back in her life and the interesting dynamic in pairing her with Owen is forcing her to face some things she usually doesn't.

I really loved the end where each character did a voice over. It served as a nice set up for the season.

Meow. Mrow. Miao. Purrrr.
    vCash
    I hatehatehate the tough Alex grin; it drives me nuts to see it back. OTOH, if he continues on this track all year, where he slips between tough Alex shell and the underneath Alex, he could get a well-deserved nom for next year's Emmy. He's underrated.

vCash
    I don't think I'll watch this season since I've lost a lot of interest.

However, I wanted to catch this episode to see the George fall-out.

I'm sorry, but I don't know how anyone can say Katherine Heigl is an overrated actress after that hand-held "goodbye" scene she had with George.

Every nuance of emotion was so present on her face. Her ability to convey all the shock, pain, sadness and regret without a single word was amazing.

I would've given her an Emmy for that scene alone.

The rest of the episode?

vCash
    I liked it overall. I have to admit that the fish thing was so inappropriate that I coudn't stop (inappropriately) laughing, and was quite glad the girl laughed when she heard it too.

I liked Izzie laughing at the funeral. I thought it was a nice link back to the bomb episode when she said she had inappropriate reactions in high stress situations. Other than that, she seemed to grieve, and I liked Christina and Meredith being hit with grief much later on. It seemed real.

But being picky with accents, as I am...the "australian" accents were wrong. The blonde was okay, but the asian girl? Either not Australian, or has spent so long in the US that she's lost her accent. A small detail, but there have been so many bad fake accents on shows lately that it's a pet hate of mine

The Callie story annoyed me.

Have Alex's bottom teeth always been like that?

Derek was an arse.

But overall, it was enjoyable
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

moving right along
    vCash
    In my world, Grey's has jumped the shark. I hated the setup scenes needed to get to the point where Izzie tells off the weepy girl who was mourning for a man she didn't know. And the confrontation was a hollow, treacly bit of business. Ugh. Talk about manipulating the audience.

I did enjoy the Little Grey, Callie, and Mark story line. The actress who plays Little Grey is pregnant too, right? Her face seems so much fuller this season.

vCash
    this was a very weird episode of Grey's anatomy . . ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    The actress who plays Little Grey is pregnant too, right? Her face seems so much fuller this season.
    No. The actress who plays Little Grey gave birth to her third child 2 days after filming wrapped up last season. She's carrying a few extra pounds, maybe, but she's not pregnant anymore
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBZ View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't know how anyone can say Katherine Heigl is an overrated actress after that hand-held "goodbye" scene she had with George.

Every nuance of emotion was so present on her face. Her ability to convey all the shock, pain, sadness and regret without a single word was amazing.
    See I was not impressed by that scene. I thought it was played a bit too daytime soap operaish for my taste. To me she was better in the funeral scene. I couldn't stand the confrontation scene with the bus girl.

vCash
    I liked it. Izzie still gets on my nerves and I didn't think Katherine Heigl really sold her funeral scene or the scene with the girl who didn't know what to do. I liked her quiet moments much better.

Christina annoyed the hell out of me. I guess that was the point. I would've punched her.

Still love her and Owen together, though.

And I really liked Mark, Callie and Little Grey.

vCash
    I've really disliked the past two seasons (which is sad, because I LOVED this show when it first came out), but this one does look like it has slightly more potential. My favorite scene was definitely the funeral one, when the remaining original interns just laugh (it just seemed so them). I like that MerDer are finally together (and according to the writer, staying together for awhile), so maybe they can just be happy for once--although this is Grey's Anatomy, so maybe not. I actually really, really love Little Grey and Mark together, so I hope that that stays. Lexie irritated me when she first came on the show, but I think that I"m coming around to her. Izzie has never been my favorite character, but her storyline with Alex has definitely made me feel sympathetic towards them (and, random addition, have you guys seen Katherine Heigl's new daughter? So cute!!). Katherine was really on in this episode, IMO. And I thought that having everyone, not just Meredith, narrate at the end was a nice touch too--it seemed to really complete the episode's grief-related story arc for me.

According to Shonda Rhimes, one of the couples that exists now won't make it through the season, but I really can't figure out which one it will be. Also, Ellen will be leaving for a few episodes on maternity leave (as is Katherine, although she'll be off filming another movie). I'm interested to see how Grey's Anatomy functions without Grey...

vCash
    I think it will be Issie and Alex who will break up. I can see signs of it already.
    Didn't Ellen have her baby a week or 2 ago?

moving right along
    vCash
    I hope Izzie breaks up with Alex AND gets laid off during the merger of the two hospitals. That's how much she annoys me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    See I was not impressed by that scene. I thought it was played a bit too daytime soap operaish for my taste. To me she was better in the funeral scene. I couldn't stand the confrontation scene with the bus girl.
    Sacrilege!

I actually feel the opposite. I was during the funeral scene. The laughing seemed so contrived and over-the-top for me, like the writers were trying too hard to make the scene "pop."

To each his/her own, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    I hope Izzie breaks up with Alex AND gets laid off during the merger of the two hospitals. That's how much she annoys me.
    Heh...still holding that torch, eh Lady?

Well, Izzie still technically has cancer...and she's wishing for it to return, so you never know.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    To answer from a post further up...

Yes, Ellen and Chris are the parents of a healthy baby girl they named Stella.

Which had my Dad walking around the house going, "Good taste in names. Very good taste in names." It's my Mom's first and my second name, so...Yeah.

I liked the episode. I felt they wrapped everything up really well from the Season Finale of last year and gave us a good start to this year.

My favourite part was the Chief ending up in the ER of Callie's new hospital on her first day there. After the way he and she left things at Seattle Grace, that had me LOL!!

It's sad they let the Denny ghost thing go on for so long, as that really drove a lot of people away. This is a big season for Grey's, but I think this is a good start to rebuilding things.

At least I hope so.

vCash
    I felt like a lot of the episode, most of it, was very soap opera-ish. I'm not sure why I keep watching. First time there's a scheduling conflict it will drop off my list. I really like it at the beginning, but I don't like the way it's changed.

vCash
    Thanks for the recaps. I quit watching GA last year. It got to stupid for words. I'm not sure I'll start watching it again, but it's nice to read the thread. And I never minded Izzie other than the Denny thing, but sometimes I really disliked Derek. All in the writing eh?
    Gone crazy. Be back soon.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast