Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: True Blood

vCash
    For those who can't resist being completely and utterly spoiled for the season, episode synopses are available here . I think the synopsis for the finale is missing, however, rumour has it that

Spoiler

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jen_faith View Post

Spoiler

I told you I was a geek
    He sacrificed himself for the greater good.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    He sacrificed himself for the greater good.
    Yeah, it seems he's a sucker (ha ha) for a pretty face!

Anyway, I think some of the viral marketing for the show is fairly clever

vCash
    Though I haven't seen it, one of the actresses (I think it's Deborah who plays Jessica) said in an interview that the True Blood drink (what the actors drink that's supposedly a delicious raspberry puree) is available to buy in some supermarkets. I so wish I could find some and try it!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    Though I haven't seen it, one of the actresses (I think it's Deborah who plays Jessica) said in an interview that the True Blood drink (what the actors drink that's supposedly a delicious raspberry puree) is available to buy in some supermarkets. I so wish I could find some and try it!
    OMG are you going to be a fake fangbanger? Will you ask for B+?

I wonder how much CH made selling the rights to HBO? I've been less than impressed with her non-Sookie books (although I always support a fellow Arkansan ) I find it highly amusing that she sold the Sookie rights and Janet Evanovich can't get a buyer for Plum.

vCash
    I would so be a fangbanger if vampires were 'out of the coffin.' Especially if they looked like Eric and were polite like Bill. Mmmm. Yeah, I'd pretty much be Ginger (the Fangtasia human worker).

But according to the actors, the bottled drink is delicious and Deborah (Jessica) said it was hard to look like she was disgusted by it. Supposedly the 'real' blood is not quite as appetizing though (kinda opposite of the show!)

vCash
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    It has not been confirmed that

Spoiler

I think we book readers need to let go and let it happen.

Spoiler

"“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'll still hope. They really didn't connect until the third book. I believe. I believe. I believe.

vCash
    I read that when asked about a S/E pair up, Stephen Moyer acted a bit jealous. It's also been hinted at by I think Alan Ball that fans of both pairings will be pleased and will be upset, so I think if the show keeps getting picked up (still no confirmation for a season 3, though it's very probable) they'll do it.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I thought the episode was a little less exciting than the first 3.

My favorite character is becoming Jessica. I'm hoping there is more Jessica and Hoyt interactions. A few of her quotes in that Southern Vampire drawl:

"Is it my fault my fangs come out when I get turned on?" after Hoyt leaves.

Flipping around in her coffin on the airport tarmac. "How the hell does this thing open?!?"

Bellman Barry shows up at the hotel room with a blond guy..."Male B-". Jessica grabs blond guys hand and says "That's for me." I guess she ordered a late night snack.

Jason becomes a "Soldier of the Sun". Jason and Sara's escapade must be coming soon. Jason was having a sexy hallucination of her dancing around the grill while he talked to her husband. I also found it funny how Jason has "no clue" when it comes to the bible.

Funny to see Lafayette flipping and dancing around after he drinks Eric's blood to heal his leg..."Thank you baby Thank you baby Thank you baby ...aaaaa." He musta caught a good buzz from Eric's very old blood.

Oh....and Eric was in a black tank top last night.

vCash
    Lafayette getting V buzz

Episode went too quickly for me but am getting *very* bored with the orgies--how many times can you roll around and grovel in the dirt/food/mammaries of others before it's time to get to the freakin' POINT!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Yeah. They're making a big deal of what was a minor thing in the book. Now it's just gratuitous sex. Which, I'm not interested in unless it's Eric. With Sookie, not Layette.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I keep missing and can't make out what Jessica made the limo driver yell out in the hotel lobby after she playfully glamoured him.

She says "All your worst dreams will come true unless you yell out...."

What did he yell out?

vCash
    I was a bit underwhelmed as well. Loved the Lafayette V healing and the humping with Eric's amusal. and love how Lafayette is so straightforward with everything he knows about vamps.

Loved Bill in daddy teaching mode and love Jessica now.

Still hate Maryanne though. Can't wait to see what happens with Daphne/Sam and her 'knowledge'. Love that the orgy though kind of made Arlene and Terry finally start canoodling.

Keep em coming HBO!!

vCash
    I think one orgiefest was necessary to get the point across that Marianne Is Not What She Seems, but two was going into Skinemax territory and didn't advance her plotline at all. They established that she was evilllllle when she tempted Andy Bellafleure back into the bottle--anything after that was just gratuitous. It actually got to the point where it was just kind of silly. I mean, did we really need to see Jane Bodehouse's boobs while Erik's shirts remained closed the entire show?

I demand justice! I demand equality! EQUALITY IN NEKKIDITY FOR VAMPS!
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Haha I agree! Though we got to see Eric's shoulder blades tonight (interesting tank top for a man, but no complaints)... so we're slowly getting there!

The one good thing coming from the Maryanne stuff IMO is we're getting to see a 'human' side to Andy, which I like.

And I love that the Eric/Lafayette potential has been kind of quashed and explained - he's intrigued by what's important to Sookie. Plus since Lafayette has now had his blood, Eric can track him...

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I've been robbed of Bubba. I fear I'll be robbed of Eric. Oh the inhumanity.

vCash
    Maybe they'll include Bubba in later seasons...

Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette) was robbed of an Emmy nomination. True, a lot of the show's acting sucks a lot of the time (coughANNAPAQUINcough) but Nelsan always brought it. Even Rutina Wesley (Tara) was usually pretty awesome.

Though no True Blood love, I'm hoping we'll get to see some Alexander Skarsgard at the Emmys since his miniseries Generation Kill was nominated for best Miniseries.

vCash
    Has anyone else noticed that YUMMY Alexander Skarsgard is in the new Lady Gaga video for the song 'Paparazzi?'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOrKLUlh-To

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast