Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

Thread: True Blood

vCash
    It's a shame someone tore Kate's dress to shreds :/ lol

And I liked Anna's dress. Much better than her Emmys dress.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    I'm torn about Anna's dress. It's obviously McQueen who she seemed to love, but it makes me think of a goth figure skating dress.
    You say that like it's a bad thing!

vCash
    And of course, the stage 5 clinger was there, though was not photographed with the Swede. She did, however, pose for pictures with Stephen and Anna.

I'm not sure if it's the lighting or the makeup, but Kate looks a lot older than her actual age in these pictures, and not in a good way.
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

vCash
    Joe Manganiello and Lindsay Pulsipher (Crystal) hosted a free meet and greet in Florida. Joe looked as gorgeous as ever. And I can't get over how much Lindsay's looks remind me of Kate Bosworth sometimes.

Speaking of the Clinger, she and Alex went on a movie date last night, and she got double the Skarsgard! His little brother Bill went with them. And in the video... they actually touch! Well, she puts her hand on his back after the paps start harassing them. And they actually walk next to each other for the first time ever! And he pays for their movie tickets like a good boyfriend. Plus, while I normally don't like her clothes, I kind of adore her sweater. And his car.

And also adorably, when a fan stops him to ask for his autograph, he obliges, which leads to more people asking for his autograph, and he signs for all of them. I had to giggle though - nobody stopped Kate.

And finally, videos of the cast at the Scream Awards arrivals. Most stopped for the fans and signed autographs, though Alex didn't. He and Kate actually arrived together, though she got out first, and he waited a while before getting out of the vehicle and kind of slinked around the car to seemingly try to avoid being seen getting out of the same vehicle.

vCash
    It's weird how they act in public. They act almost embarrassed.

vCash
    They act like they don't want their private lives invaded, but their lack of confirmation just fuels the paps' hunger for the 'money shot'. I don't think that's Alex's game - the fueling the hunger, but as Ted Casablancas says at Eonline, Kate's never met a camera she doesn't like. Alex has been open with his desire to keep info on his personal life private, and there are rumours that Kate has called paps in the past to let them know where she'll be.

I think it's more him that looks embarrassed and pissed than her. She usually smiles, but he scowls and hides his face a bit. Which to me, is kind of a bit douchey when you're out with your girlfriend - walking 10 paces ahead, not standing near her, not talking to her or touching her, and looking irritated with the world. I get that paps can be annoying, but it's not just them that you're looking like a bit of a jerk to. And I'm not saying he is a jerk, from what I've heard he's an insanely lovely person, but for those who aren't fans, he comes off as a bit of an ass with how he looks when on dates.

In a more pleasant Alex vein, Kristin Bauer spoke about him at the Scream Awards:
    “This is an extremely comedic actor. He is very funny. A lot of people didn’t see him in Zoolander and [don't] know how funny he can be. I would love for him to do that in his vampire character.”
    Hee hee, anyone else want to see Eric as a male model?

vCash
    The Scream Awards just finished airing.

Stephen Moyer accepts for 'Holy S**t Moment of the Year. It's always so weird to hear his natural British accent. Makes him so much more adorable and likeable than Bill Compton.
    Anna Paquin accepts for 'Best Horror Actress'. Her accent is kind of adorable here - switches between her Kiwi and American ones. Plus, Alex's reaction to her win is adorable.
    Alexander Skarsgard accepts for 'Best Horror Actor'. A great speech, mentioning all the ways Eric was a bad boy this year (killing weres, pushing a lot of illegal substances, making out with then staking a very handsome Greek guy, and chaining a cute innocent girl in his basement).
    Alan Ball accepts for 'Best TV Show'

In non-Scream news:
    Ryan Kwanten is hosting a Halloween party at Tao in Vegas on October 29,
    Anna's interview with Glamour Mexico. She talks success at a young age, True Blood, working with Stephen, and future children.
    Last edited by screech; 10-20-2010 at 06:02 AM.

vCash
    Latest TB news...

I've heard mixed dates, but according to various cast members, the show either goes back into production later in November or December 1st. So it's soon!!

Evan Rachel Wood talks about how excited she is to get back to work on True Blood. She just played Magenta in an all star tribute to the Rocky Horror Picture Show (alongside such names as Barry Bostwick, Tim Curry, Lea Michele, Matthew Morrison, Jorge Garcia, Jack Nicholson and more). She mentioned that the True Blood set is "just a love fest" and pretty much confirms that she dated Alex last year by saying "I've even been there myself, so there you go. I did date one of the cast members already, so I'm done." She didn't mention his name, but that's the first confirmation from one of them. (Article), (Additional photos of ERW as Magenta)

Joe Manganiello isn't the only betrothed... Mariana Klaveno (Lorena) just got engaged as well!

Some insanely huge Ryan Kwanten casting news: our beloved Jason Stackhouse has been cast as Charles Manson in the upcoming film "The Family". The film will delve into Manson and the murders his followers committed.

Some season 4 casting calls/spoilers. Seems to confirm what Alan said at Comic Con about a certain important character from book 4 being added...

Lots of pictures of ASkars in uniform, back on the Battleship set. I believe they're currently filming in Baton Rouge, no longer Hawaii.

Alex and PapaSkars (among others) talk about their upcoming childrens film Moomins and the Comet Chase. It's pretty adorable to hear his voice all child-like in the clips they show of it, and how exited he is. Heck, he even gives parenting advice!

A pre-teen looking Alex and an insanely sexy younger PapaSkars in the kitchen of their apartment in Stockholm while PapaSkars cooks. Alex looks so adorably frustrated with his homework while Stellan just looks amazingly sexy. Alex even sets the table!

Ryan Kwanten on Martha Stewart. He and Martha made osso bucco. And he shares the fact that he's broken 39 bones!!!

TV Guide has named Eric/Alex as TV's #1 Sexiest Beast. I fully concur.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Askars is in my city!!!??? OMG! This place is like Hollywood right now. We have the Breaking Dawn cast in town along with Joe Jonas and now the Battleship cast!?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Just to depress everyone... from Kristin Bauer's twitter on October 27:
    TB really is a love potion. Anna, Stephen, Me, Joe, Mariana...Alex is attached now...
    After some fan comments she then says that she gets her news from the tabloids and that she hasn't talked to him about it. So that does make me even more excited for the show to get back into production in a month so that she can give us all the gossip.

Just an update on the TB cast on twitter (in addition to Kristin)...
    James Frain (Franklin) has just joined
    Carrie Preston (Arlene)
    Joe Manganiello (Alcide)
    Sam Trammell (Sam)
    Mariana Klaveno (Lorena)
    Ryan Kwanten (Jason)
    Denis O'Hare (Russell)
    Allan Hyde (Godric)
    Marshall Allman (Tommy)
    Jim Parrack (Hoyt. He has protected his tweets.)
    Lindsay Haun (Hadley)

And for a change of pace (and because it's Halloween), an audience video of Evan Rachel Wood as Magenta and Lucas Grabeel (from the High School Musical movies) as Riff Raff singing The Time Warp from the Rocky Horror Picture Show as put on by many Hollywood stars earlier this week in LA. Danny Devito was the Criminologist, Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison were Janet and Brad, and Melora Hardin from The Office was Columbia. Evan's voice is really powerful, and the audience seemed to really enjoy her (and cheered quite loudly when she came out on stage).

vCash
    I know I keep posting, but this one is big...

FIRST OFFICIAL SPOILERS FOR SEASON 4!!!! (Anyone else now got 'It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" stuck in their head - the time when new info about TB starts coming in...)
    The title of the season premiere is

Spoiler

The casting has been announced for a major character for season 4:

Spoiler

In addition to that bit of casting, and the announcement of the premiere episode title, additional casting notices have gone out.

In other TB news,
    Grant Bowler (aka Cooter) will be hosting the Australian version of The Amazing Race. That's pretty freaking cool. Anyone else hope they go to Shreveport or Mississippi on a leg of the race?

There are some really cute videos of Allan Hyde at EyeCon talking about True Blood. I adore him! He talks about coming back in season 3, not being very good at speaking Swedish (and how Alex, his favourite person to work with, helped him with that). There are also videos of Joe Manganiello at the same event (though I haven't watched them yet).

And speaking of speaking Swedish, Kristin Bauer talks about how she learns her lines in Swedish. Anyone else thing Alex should get a $ bonus for also being a translator/dialect coach, and a script credit for those scenes? She also talks about how amazing Nelsan Ellis is as Lafayette (the huge transformatoin he goes through to get into the part).

As for Alex (cause you know I can't post gossip without mentioning him...), he was spotted at an LSU football game (he's in Baton Rouge filming Battleship). The picture is funny, cause everyone else is wearing sweaters, whereas he has his shirtsleeves rolled up. Crazy Swede.

In addition, two interviews from his time in Germany last month have come out. He talks about why Eric has no accent, despite the initial wishes of the directors, his awareness of the vampire craze (despite not having seen Twilight or Vampire Diaries), constantly downplaying nude scenes to calm the nerves of his costars, him and his brothers being referred to as the Nordic Baldwins, being at the 2006 World Cup in Munich (watching Sweden get defeated), TV shows he watches, why he keeps taking jobs with HBO, and a wee smidge of info about Melancholia. (Article 1), (Article 2)
    Last edited by screech; 11-09-2010 at 03:11 AM.

vCash
    Thanks for posting.
    Check the Allan Hyde link though as it keeps on directing to the Grant Bowler link
    Is it me or Allan says that in Sweden they thought his accent in TB was like that of an Albanian trying to speak Swedish?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I was at the same football game as Eric!! Too bad he had the most awful seats according to the pictures, he should have come down to where I sit. I would have sat in his lap or he in mine, whatever he prefers!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Thanks for correcting me on the link - it's fixed now. And yup, he says that in Sweden they say he sounds like an Albanian speaking Swedish, confusing him, since why wouldn't he sound like a Dane speaking Swedish?

And definitely looks like Alex had really crappy seats, but oh well! Love the two guys beside him whispering. It looks like one's all 'Dude, it's Eric freaking Northman!'

I'll likely be posting more in upcoming days/weeks, etc, since they return for filming on December 1, so slight spoilers and casting info will be coming out soon. I'm pretty excited about the casting of the important character I previously reported - I think they'll do an amazing job, though

Spoiler

but who knows?

vCash
    And speaking of speaking Swedish, Kristin Bauer talks about how she learns her lines in Swedish. Anyone else thing Alex should get a $ bonus for also being a translator/dialect coach, and a script credit for those scenes?
    I do think he should get some sort of script credit, although I wouldn't say much about his skills as a dialect coach, because Hyde and Bauer both sound atrocious. I need the subtitles to be able to understand most of what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by mila19 View Post
    Is it me or Allan says that in Sweden they thought his accent in TB was like that of an Albanian trying to speak Swedish?
    I think that might be a joke, I would say 90% of the Swedish population wouldn't know what an Albanian speaking Swedish would sound like. It might be "sounds vaguely Eastern European", although I don't think Hyde comes across as Eastern European, he just sounds like he's got one hell of a speech impediment.

I'm quite pleased about the Marnie cast. I like that they got a proper theater actress rather than just go for some random hot young thing.

vCash
    Hee hee, anyone else want to see Eric as a male model?
    Um, YES! In the books he's Mr. January in the annual Fangtasia calendar that he sends Sookie - and apparently it's supposed to be deliberately very cheesy. I'd luv to see ASkars do that scene, white fur, knee bent pose and all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilynn View Post
    I think that might be a joke, I would say 90% of the Swedish population wouldn't know what an Albanian speaking Swedish would sound like. It might be "sounds vaguely Eastern European", although I don't think Hyde comes across as Eastern European, he just sounds like he's got one hell of a speech impediment.
    I kind of love Allan's normal accent. IIRC, he's Danish, though one of his parents is from England. And I believe he's said that his weird accent is one of the reasons he was cast as Godric - you couldn't really pinpoint his origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Orable View Post
    Um, YES! In the books he's Mr. January in the annual Fangtasia calendar that he sends Sookie - and apparently it's supposed to be deliberately very cheesy. I'd luv to see ASkars do that scene, white fur, knee bent pose and all
    Just an FYI, Ben Stiller has said that a script is in the works for Zoolander 2, which is supposed to take place with him and Hansel as washed up 40ish models trying to make a comeback. Anyone else hoping they have a flashback to Zoolander with his roommates? Or Meekus as a vision guiding him? Or Meekus having had an evil twin? Seriously, they'd be idiots not to use Alex considering how his star has risen.

vCash
    I kind of love Allan's normal accent. IIRC, he's Danish, though one of his parents is from England. And I believe he's said that his weird accent is one of the reasons he was cast as Godric - you couldn't really pinpoint his origins.
    Oh, I don't mind his accent in English, it's just his Swedish that sounds really weird.

vCash
    Another casting spoiler:

Spoiler

Other news!!

Ryan talks about what life is like when he goes back to Australia (ie, sleeping in his old single bed at his parents' house), how lucky he feels to be so busy, etc.

True Blood has been nominated for 2 People's Choice Awards - Favourite TV Obsession and Favourite Sci Fi/Fantasy Show. You can vote online.

Some True Blood men have been listed in People's list of 100 sexiest men. Alex, Joe, Stephen and Ryan are in the top 100, while Joe, Mehcad Brooks (Eggs) and Stephen(?????) are listed in the 25 chests to be thankful for. Um, did they not see Alex's 8-pack in the season premiere? Anyways, I'm sure we'll see them in the Sexiest Man Alive issue out soon.

Yet another interview of Alex during his time in Germany. But this one is video and it's about 20 minutes! AND he speaks some German in it! Though the interview is done in English. He's as adorable as always. The interviewer's reaction is hilarious when he greets her with cheek kisses. It's also nice to hear him talk about things that he isn't usually asked - like what he wanted to do when he was a teenager and not acting (football, but says he was talentless, then rock star, but talentless...) and how he dealt with 3 years of rejection in LA before Generation Kill. And how bruised he is after taking his first ever surf lesson in Hawaii (I'll kiss him all better!)

More Alex - he's on the cover of Scene Magazine, which is Louisiana's entertainment magazine.

Hilarious video of Kristin explaining how she learns Swedish, and confusion over pronouncing Oland (the windy shithole Eric wills her), since according to him, Oland is in Denmark, Oland is in Sweden, and how he'd inform the script guy that she was saying the Denmark one instead of Swedish, and they'd have to re-shoot the scene. Hee.

And the depressing news - Skarsworth is still on - Alex visited Kate on the set of her new (terrible sounding) movie 'BFF and Baby' in LA. The only shots of him involve him bring food into her trailer. Grrr, some girls have all the luck. Guess Battleship is done filming? Or he has the weekend off.

vCash
    Me again.

Casting spoiler: Not about new cast, but about another character we've seen before...

Spoiler

(Source)

And another bit of season 4 info, Sam Trammell reveals how long it takes for Sam to get naked in season 4. And according to Kristin Bauer's twitter, costume fittings have already begun. Shooting is scheduled to begin in just 2 weeks!!!

Lots of Joe Manganiello. In addition to being in Italian Vanity Fair, he's also one of People's Sexiest Men Alive (I believe in the top 10). His magazine photo is him in a wet t-shirt. Yum! And he discusses the reactions from his mom and fiance, which are kind of cute.

Anyone remember the video I posted a long time ago about Alex and fellow Swede actor (and Hammarby fan) Joel Kinneman trying to hitch a ride to a game from LA? Well anyways, the two have just been honoured at the Swedish Football Awards with the "Fan of the Year" award. Adorably awesome!

Ryan Kwanten is featured in GAP's holiday Want campaign. Looking gorgeous as always.

Adina Porter (Lettie Mae) looking STUNNING in a photoshoot. I don't know what else to say but kudos to the TB makeup people for making her look so not hot on the show, because damn, she is absolutely gorgeous!

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast