Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: True Blood

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orable View Post
    New cast member!

Spoiler

and just like I imagined him, only a shade or two lighter than my head.

Article
    I'm good with that choice (especially the pics on IMDB with him in longer hair, I've always thought Alcide should be kinda shaggy looking), although I've never seen him in anything, I think. I was a bit worried when they were talking about Rudy Reyes getting the part...

vCash
    Not a bad choice, but I hope they give him some shaggy shoulder-length hair or something. And keep him with a 5 o'clock shadow.

And rfisher....love the musical Buffy episode. Best musical episode any show has done imo.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    And rfisher....love the musical Buffy episode. Best musical episode any show has done imo.
    I'm seconding this. I normally don't like musicals, so I wasn't too keen on seeing that particular Buffy ep, but it rocked!

vCash
    Though no individual nominations, True Blood got a Screen Actor's Guild nomination for best ensemble cast of a Drama series. YAY!

vCash
    Came across this when doing my regular TB checks...

http://www.movieline.com/2009/12/who...n-3.php?page=1

It's all about the new cast-members. Who the actor/actress is, who they are playing, a bit of backstory and 'chances of getting naked'. It also offers a 'scruffier' picture of Joe Mangianello (Alcide). Looks a bit like John Stamos in that picture though (not that I'm complaining).

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    and 'chances of getting naked'.
    AS

The new chair of the anthropology dept at the Uni is from Sweden. If I close my eyes, I can imagine he's Alex. He's not bad to look at with my eyes open, but he's no AS.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Oooooooooh!! Can't wait for next season.

Lotsa eye candy. YUMMY!!
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    Another character from the books has been cast...

Spoiler

Source

vCash
    A Lafayette spoiler:

Spoiler

vCash
    A disappointing update on one of the new (previously mentioned) bits of casting:

Spoiler

vCash
    Screech, to the spoiler info I have,

Spoiler

I think the choice of Alcide is a good one. Alcide has always been described as handsome remember is heir to the Harveaux Construction Inc.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Living in a Snark
    vCash
    A disappointing update on one of the new (previously mentioned) bits of casting:

Spoiler

Actually, I'm kinda glad He chose not to follow this one,

Spoiler

D&S 2006 and 2007 World Gold Medalists

vCash
    YAY, Topaz, you made my day.

I think it's obvious who the kidnapper is.

Spoiler

I really wish some set photos would be leaked or something.

I can't find it anymore, but HBO released a video promo-ing their 2010 shows and there are about 3 seconds of new True Blood stuff. If I recall correctly, it showed Jessica baring her fangs, Sam at the bar, Sookie running out in her pretty purple dress and looking around, and Bill looking at (something), shirtless. There was no dialogue and just brief flashes of the scenes, but still... it's something!!! And it's new!!

...Her?
    vCash
    Just dropping in to say that Target has Season One on DVD on sale for $17 right now, thought it might be interesting information to someone in the thread.

vCash
    YAY, Topaz, you made my day.
    I think it's obvious who the kidnapper is.

Spoiler

I really wish some set photos would be leaked or something. There will be soon, I think filming started like 3 weeks before the holiday.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Whee, thanks for the tip Rhianna!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhianna View Post
    Just dropping in to say that Target has Season One on DVD on sale for $17 right now, thought it might be interesting information to someone in the thread.
    Regarding

Spoiler

vCash
    Some amazing news: HBO has signed Alan Ball to head up True Blood for 2 more seasons, which he says lets him assume that the show will be on at least until season 4. Being signed on until them sure makes it seem so... YAY!

In some Lafayette news:

Spoiler

And don't forget: The People's Choice awards air tonight (Wednesday). True Blood has 3 nominations (Anna Paquin, Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show, TV Obsession)

ETA: For those fans of Eric, some minor (yet major) spoilers from an interview with Alan Ball...

Spoiler

YAY!
    Last edited by screech; 01-07-2010 at 02:34 AM.

vCash
    For Sookie Stackhouse book devotees, the first chapter of Dead in the Family is up in PDF form at Charlaine Harris's website:

http://www.charlaineharris.com/DITFChpt1.pdf
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

vCash
    Oh flutzilla - you rock!

My thoughts...

Spoiler

Of course, now I just want to read more. Dammit!

Oh, in other news, True Blood won one of the People's Choice Awards they were nominated for - TV Obsession. YAY!

Also, there's been a brief video interview with ASkars from Extra circulating the internet. http://truebloodguide.com/2010/01/06...with-extra-tv/. It was taken during the filming last summer of Straw Dogs. Of course the gossip blogs are focusing on the fact that he mentions how amazing Kate Bosworth had been (he says 'amazing' about her 3 times in about 10 seconds) and not focusing on the fact that he mentions she's been amazing during a couple of tough weeks, which likely included the filming of the famous (from the original and apparently also being done in this one)

Spoiler

but I focus more on the fact they show some bits of filming and ask him about his favourite vampire. Plus the fact that he looks hot in his pink shirt during the filming bits.

vCash
    Some casting news: The most important one being a certain bitchy female that will be important this season (and that Alan Ball has said he was looking forward to dealing with...)

Spoiler

In other news, a few photos of Sam Trammell (Sam) on set have been leaked, but it's just him with a dumpster - nothing too exciting.

Be sure to watch the Golden Globe awards this Sunday! The show is up for best drama series and Anna is nominated for 2 acting ones (True Blood and a tv movie she did) and has said she and Stephen will be doing the red carpet together. Alexander Skarsgard has also said he'll be attending the show. I kind of can't wait to see who all will be going (and what they'll be wearing of course).

Kristen from E! said she thinks Anna is a shoe-in to win for True Blood and that the show is favourite to win for best drama series. Here's hoping! (though I'm kind of grrr still that Lost wasn't even nominated. Seriously!?)

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast