Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: True Blood

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    The opening credits are amazing. I also love seeing what song they use in the closing credits. Ever since they used Lynyrd Skinner's "That Smell" when Sam was rolling in the bed sniffing the sheets, I've paid particular attention to the final songs. They usually crack me up. (Last week's Randy Travis song was particularly fitting.)
    Love thei opening credits and think their soundtrack is genius

Tonight's episode had a lot of great dialogue. Lafayette's speech during questioning to the vampires -- "a Jew at an Al Qaeda pep rally" -- was sheer genius. I like the idea of making him into a Vamp. He can perform a lot of roles in the books.
    I missed that line! I'll have to re-watch (what a hard life) the ep soon.

Alexander Skarsgaard is nummy. I'd like to see Eric get all kinds of action this season and be naked. A lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    Being turned to vampire:
    A vampire must drain the human of their blood then the human (I believe on the verge of death) drinks from the vampire. In the books the vampire must rest for 3 days before rising, but in the show Jessica just slept for 1 night in the ground before rising.

Sookie is not a vampire. She is just a telepath who is drawn to Vampires becasue she can't read their minds (and she loves Bill of course). She and Bill have shared blood but she has not been drained. She does experience side effects when she drinks his blood (heightened senses and sex drive, heals faster, etc) but they last for just a period. Bill drinks from her regularly during sex, but I believe she has just has his blood once, and that was after she was beaten to a pulp for having saved his life.
    That is what I wanted to know. Thanks...

vCash
    I was annoyed last night for the first time that they didn't follow the storyline from the books! I wasn't impressed by the healing of Sookie scene! I'm clearly messed up in the mind, but I much prefer the book's licking scene than the burning and picking through Sookie's skin while she screams and vomits scene that the schow did. Any thought on last night's episode?

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    I haven't read the books yet so maybe I see it in a different perspective. I really enjoyed the episode. I'm finally starting to feel sorry for Jessica and the way Bill isn't really guiding her. I was glad to see Jessica and Hoyt "hook up".

Favorite quote - "This is so embarrassing, I'd die if I wasn't already dead." - Jessica, when her fangs popped out unintentionally.

Spoiler if you didn't see it yet. Show Recap of 6/28 episode: http://blog.zap2it.com/ithappenedlas...e-blood-1.html

vCash
    I just watched last night's episode. I Think it was the best of the season so far Loved Jessica and Hoyt getting together. That was so sweet, and I'm interested to see what is up with Daphne, and the people going nuts at Maryanne's.

vCash
    I enjoyed it and thought it went by too fast. I liked the healing scenes and thought they were really well done. My favourite line was Eric's "they were great pumps."

Spoilery speculations

Spoiler

Love Jessica and Hoyt. Actually, just love Jessica now.

And will they just get the Jason/Sarah hookup scene over with already? Enough with the entendres "Sarah doesn't just whip her pudding out for anyone..."

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash

And will they just get the Jason/Sarah hookup scene over with already? Enough with the entendres "Sarah doesn't just whip her pudding out for anyone..."
    I want Jason back to being the "himbo" he was last season.

Season 2: 3rd episode, and Jason still has his clothes on.

vCash
    Well, he was at least shirtless when he was in bed...

I just want some naked Eric! I'd rather see him shirtless than Sam... less Sam moobs, more Eric!

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Though I haven't watched True Blood as much as I'd like to, I have enjoyed watching the film crews run around the streets of my town with their cameras. The first season was pretty funny because they'd have their camera equipment on the back of a flat bed trailer and our police officers were having to hold up traffic while they flew around filming some of the scenes. I actually thought they were going to lose their camera equipment one evening when they turned on a curve of one of the small streets located downtown.

One evening when I got off work, I got to watch the crew filming some scenes just around the corner from where I work across the street from the courthouse, but I couldn't go inside to watch the filming. They also used the exterior for what used to be a confederate hospital in Mansfield for Bill's mansion. They also did a lot of filming in Shreveport. It was pretty exciting and it was the second time they used my town for filming. The first time was with the production of The Great Debaters.

Anyway, I want to share a pdf file I found that gives some history about the mansions and other locations used for the filming of True Blood throughout Louisiana.

http://www.true-blood.pl/img/BTS-design.pdf
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Question - Was that Daphne standing by the tree sucking down the bottle of red wine as Tara went into the house wrapped in a white towel after she got out of the hot tub? I've watched it 3 times and still don't know if it's really her. And if it is, what is she doing at Maryann's?

vCash
    I don't think it was, and I think it was just a random girl drinking some red wine actually. Daphne has been seen at the restaurant during the daytime, hasn't she? I think that shot was just to show the black cloudiness in the eyes. But I could be wrong.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Just caught up with this week's episode. I'm trying to pretend I haven't read the books so I'm not going, wtf is that? I'm just waiting for some Eric hotness next season.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    rfisher, I read somewhere an interview with Alexander Skarsgard (Eric) where he said something like 'we'll get to see more sides of Eric this season, including his naked side.' I'm hoping that wasn't just a tease, cause I'm hoping for it!

And I love that the show doesn't completely follow the books - it leaves something unknown for the readers and keeps cliffhangers going with us too. Genius!

ETA no new episode this week. Next new one is on July 12. Here's the preview for the next episode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9KU8-58OG0

vCash
    Never saw an episode, but just got Season 1 on DVD for the long 4th of July weekend.

Here's hoping its delicious!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    rfisher, I read somewhere an interview with Alexander Skarsgard (Eric) where he said something like 'we'll get to see more sides of Eric this season, including his naked side.' I'm hoping that wasn't just a tease, cause I'm hoping for it!

And I love that the show doesn't completely follow the books - it leaves something unknown for the readers and keeps cliffhangers going with us too. Genius!

ETA no new episode this week. Next new one is on July 12. Here's the preview for the next episode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9KU8-58OG0
    They better not try to hook Eric up with Lafayette. Lafayette can hook up with Eggs if he's looking for a hot new man.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    They better not try to hook Eric up with Lafayette. Lafayette can hook up with Eggs if he's looking for a hot new man.
    Spoilery... info from books and an interview

Spoiler

In any case, I'll take my naked/semi-naked/sexual Eric any way I can get him. And if it happens to be in a way that brings the sassiness back to Lafayette, then I won't complain about that either.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash

In any case, I'll take my naked/semi-naked/sexual Eric any way I can get him. And if it happens to be in a way that brings the sassiness back to Lafayette, then I won't complain about that either.
    Yes, but my fantasy needs to picture Eric with me. Sookie is closer to me than Lafayette.

vCash
    Somewhere out there I read that Alan Ball is saying that some spoilers on the web are incorrect (shocker, I know). Maybe this is the case with the supposed upcoming

Spoiler

However, given this particular spoiler is supposed to have originated with the actor that plays Lafayette, I have my doubts that it is an untrue one.

I am not opposed to

Spoiler

per se on tv nor do I particularly mind Alan Ball's deviations from the books. In this particular case, however, I am just not happy. It strays too far from the main thread running through all the books: the eventual

Spoiler

. However, in Club Dead (book 3 I think)

Spoiler

so there is precedent, I guess. Still, in the books, Eric is almost relentlessly

Spoiler

I feel like such a geek knowing this much detail about such a cheezy series... oh well, summer fluff, I guess

Yes, but my fantasy needs to picture Eric with me. Sookie is closer to me than Lafayette.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jen_faith View Post
    Somewhere out there I read that Alan Ball is saying that some spoilers on the web are incorrect (shocker, I know). Maybe this is the case with the supposed upcoming

Spoiler

However, given this particular spoiler is supposed to have originated with the actor that plays Lafayette, I have my doubts that it is an untrue one.

I am not opposed to

Spoiler

per se on tv nor do I particularly mind Alan Ball's deviations from the books. In this particular case, however, I am just not happy. It strays too far from the main thread running through all the books: the eventual

Spoiler

. However, in Club Dead (book 3)

Spoiler

so there is precedent, I guess. Still, in the books, Eric is almost relentlessly

Spoiler

I feel like such a geek knowing this much detail about such a cheezy series... oh well, summer fluff, I guess
    Yes. And in the books it was acknowledged that Eric was made by a male vamp but the focus was on he and Sookie. All that was off screen as it were. It would completely change the dynamics of the relationship for it to be on screen. IIRC, the incident in MS was not sexual. The King of MS is homosexual but has a human consort. Now, I'm going to have to reread that book. It was one of my favorites. I'm still we're not going to have Bubba.

vCash

Spoiler

I told you I was a geek

IIRC, the incident in MS was not sexual. The King of MS is homosexual but has a human consort. Now, I'm going to have to reread that book. It was one of my favorites. I'm still we're not going to have Bubba.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast