Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: True Blood

vCash
    Eric is my favourite character in the books and I love Alexander as him. Though apparently Eric will have short hair this season (but supposedly it will be explained). Which doesn't make much sense, because Vampires are supposed to be how they were when they were 'made' (otherwise wouldn't Bill shave his sideburns?) Ah well, short hair shows off Alexander's hunkiness even more.

vCash
    I like the HBO series OK, but I'm not as happy as a lot of others are with it. I'm OK with Paquin as Sookie. I didn't think I would be, but if Harris hadn't ever described her looks, I'd be fine with it. The only lingering problem I have with the casting of Paquin (for people that read the books)

Spoiler

I also hate, hate, hate, hate, hate what they did to Jason. Jason is selfish and spoiled, but is by no means dumb. After all,

Spoiler

I also didn't like Sam and Sookie making out or the Tara/Sam storyline.

But Eric.... He makes up for much
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    Eric is my favourite character in the books and I love Alexander as him. Though apparently Eric will have short hair this season (but supposedly it will be explained). Which doesn't make much sense, because Vampires are supposed to be how they were when they were 'made' (otherwise wouldn't Bill shave his sideburns?) Ah well, short hair shows off Alexander's hunkiness even more.
    I think it's possible he might grow it out. Skarsgård had unusually short hair since he was filming Generation Kill at pretty much the same time. I didn't much like the wig on him anyway, but he looked reasonably good in long hair when he was younger.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I love "True Blood" and watch every episode about 4-5times.

Some great pics of the "True Blood" cast.
    http://www.zap2it.com/news/custom/ph...allery?index=1

An Overview of the Season 2 premiere.
    http://blog.zap2it.com/ithappenedlas...-premiere.html
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 06-15-2009 at 09:51 PM.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Well, since they didn't kill Layfette, I guess they can lock him in Eric's dungeon for selling vampire blood, although that storyline and the stupid teenager vamp is lame and pointless. And I guess they're really rewriting the Dallas storyline to include Jason in the action. I would have rather seen more of Sam's naked butt than teenage Sam.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Just watched the episode. Not too bad for a season starter.

vCash
    Lots of slowness but awesomeness in the first episode.

Love that Eric highlights his hair and gets pissy about having his time interrupted.

Now for the spoilery bits

Spoiler

vCash
    So this seems like an interesting series. Is the first season on DVD, and it it gory bloody or just bloody? Gory (like Nip/Tuck) I can't do.

vCash
    The first season is on DVD. It's gory but not horrendously so. Some of the bloodiness can be a bit comedic (like when vampires are slayed) and most of the time it's involved in sex.

Reading about the season premiere, it's the highest #s HBO has had since the Sopranos finale with 5 million viewers, up 157% from last year's season premiere and 51% from the 1st season finale. Go HBO!! Can't wait until next week.

vCash
    I like True Blood very much ,I don't mind it being gory at times , it's done with humour.I haven't read the books though, and since I started with the series I prefer not to read them for the time being .I don't want to spoil myself.

But Eric..oh Eric... lol

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "True Blood" premiere sucks up strong ratings:

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...g-ratings.html

Evan Rachel Wood to guest on "True Blood":

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...chel-wood.html

Red Carpet Premiere Pics:

http://www.zap2it.com/news/custom/ph...6.photogallery
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 06-17-2009 at 07:38 PM.

vCash
    I think Evan is the perfect casting choice for the role of Sophie-Anne. I hope she lives up to expectations...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    I think Evan is the perfect casting choice for the role of Sophie-Anne. I hope she lives up to expectations...
    I don't know. I think she is actually a bit too old. Wasn't Sophie-Anne turned as a young teen? (Sorry, I don't think that is really a spoiler.) I guess they will probably just make the character a little older. There are some practical problems about using a teen or even someone just past 18 for the role. First, they need to be able to circumvent child labor laws. Second, since Sophie-Anne would not age, a teenage actress would be a problem since she would certainly age over the life of the TV series.

I do wonder how they plan to integrate her into the show.

Spoiler

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I am really aggravated. I wanted to watch this and I figured it would be available on On Demand. They have already taken the first 6 episodes of season 1 down! How ridiculous since they just began season 2. Grrr...guess they lost a possible viewer.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I am really aggravated. I wanted to watch this and I figured it would be available on On Demand. They have already taken the first 6 episodes of season 1 down! How ridiculous since they just began season 2. Grrr...guess they lost a possible viewer.
    I've been watching it online, but not via On Demand. I've watched it using Graboid. Google it and it will bring you to the site that will tell you all about it. It uses a lot of bandwidth but the quality is good. You can choose to stream or download. I downloaded because then you can watch as many times as you want. I don't want anybody to miss watching this show!

vCash
    Thanks, I might check it out at home. Don't want to use it at work as this computer is already slow enough.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I assume they took the On Demand down because the DVD of Season 1 was released a few weeks ago. They probably don't want On Demand to hurt DVD sales.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    I assume they took the On Demand down because the DVD of Season 1 was released a few weeks ago. They probably don't want On Demand to hurt DVD sales.
    That makes sense but I still hate it.
    -Brian

vCash
    Here's the preview for this Sunday's episode :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd-aqZZ04og

I think I love this show too much.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningstar View Post

I think I love this show too much.
    Me too.

This is the first show to come along in a while where I can't wait for the next episode.

It was torture waiting for season 2 to start.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast