Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Their new jersey is kind of boring....

http://sport.rtl.lu/cyclissem/news/91203.html

...we will not get to see Fabian in leopard-print. But at least the shorts are black and that's the most important thing.

There's going to be a LOT of blue tones in the peloton this season. Movistar (dark blue, replacing Caisse's red); Saxo-Bank (sky-blue, black, and white); Leopard Trek (sky-blue, black, and white....as if Bjarne wasn't already pissed off); Astana (light blue); Garmin is mostly black and white with small blue trim....

Who's wearing red?
    Last edited by susan6; 01-06-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    BMC is in red.

at the Leopard-Trek presentation part 2. So far they've had two mimes rolling around in big hoops and a mime doing an hommage to the TdF. Plus they have the Lux Eurovision presenter who knows nothing about cycling.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by susan6 View Post
    Their new jersey is kind of boring....

http://sport.rtl.lu/cyclissem/news/91203.html

...we will not get to see Fabian in leopard-print. But at least the shorts are black and that's the most important thing.
    That's going to be really hard to tell apart from... everyone else. Is Radio Shack still in red? Is radio shack still alive?

vCash
    Cyclingnews has an overview and grading of all the kits for next year. My favorites are the Radioshack and Movistar kits. Radioshack features red (in a peloton that will be dominated by black, white, and blue), with a big graphic design that works without being too busy or confusing. The Movistar kit is simple and effective; I really like the strip of film effect down the entire side.

I miss T-Mobile....simple, tasteful, effective, a unique color you could pick out of the peloton a mile away. How come no one is using magenta or purple or teal or some other unique color?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...2011-team-kits

On Saxo-Bank:
    Design: If there's one element of this just can't take our eyes off, it's the hungry or even evil-looking eagle. Could it be coming out of the rider's shorts? It's just weird.
    Liquigas yet again has a "look at my junk" design:
    Colours: The hard-to-miss Kermit the frog green is not as prominent so overall, it's nowhere near as jarring. But what's with the green crotch on the shorts? Thank you.
    I wouldn't score Leopard-Trek as high as they did (the design is boring), but I can't disagree with this:
    Visibility: Sure, other teams are using similar colours, but this kit just works. And since when does Fabian Cancellara fail to stand out in a peloton?
    He'd stand out more in leopard print!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    HTC has a nice elegant look. Rabobank is easy to spot and maintains their identity. And I agree RadioShack stands out in the field of black and blue.

I miss the days of Credit Agricole's dark green.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Tour Down Under starts this week with the promised Cav-Greipel match up. But another HTC'r - Matt Goss got the win in the Cancer Council Classic which gives some bragging rights but doesn't count for the overall at the TDU

HTC tweeted a pic of Cav and Mark getting some Oakley goodies

Tranquillo
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by susan6 View Post
    I miss T-Mobile....simple, tasteful, effective, a unique color you could pick out of the peloton a mile away. How come no one is using magenta or purple or teal or some other unique color?
    I spoke too soon.....one of the wildcard teams invited to the Tour de France this year is Europcar ("You've got the French national champion on your French team? Welcome to the tour. To heck with Sastre and Menchov."). And they will be rocking some very nice TEAL jerseys! (Hopefully the color is different enough from the sprinter's jersey to avoid confusion.)

http://www.cyclismactu.net/galerie-p..._2011-196.html

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour...lects-22-teams

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I was all set to object to Geox / Menchov being excluded, but Europcar seems to have some cuties on it, so I shouldn't be too quick to judge

Poor Cav, having a hard time in Australia. A bad crash and then having to finish the last stage after they opened the roads for traffic.

beat up Cav

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Oh sh!t, that's more blood than I was expecting. It seems that Cav is not starting off with a bang. Here's hoping he's just waiting to peak at the right time.

Asked if he had to negotiate much traffic, Cavendish replied.

“Quite a bit yeah, you know, more than you want in a professional race I think.”
    Yes, Cav, it probably was more.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Taylor Phinney's tweets to Jeremy Abbott for Nationals:

taylorphinney @jeremyabbottpcf kick some ass!

taylorphinney @jeremyabbottpcf or in your case... Be more graceful than everyone else!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Spanish press reporting a one year ban and loss of the Tour title for Contador

UCI and WADA have previously said they'd appeal anything less than a 2 year ban.

vCash
    Spanish press reporting a one year ban and loss of the Tour title for Contador

UCI and WADA have previously said they'd appeal anything less than a 2 year ban.
    So Bert really is going to lose last years title? Damn. I hate to see a competition as good as the one between him and Andy Schleck this past year end this way. I'm a huge Andy fan and I want him to win the Tour de France. But not like this.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    So Bert really is going to lose last years title? Damn. I hate to see a competition as good as the one between him and Andy Schleck this past year end this way. I'm a huge Andy fan and I want him to win the Tour de France. But not like this.
    That was in the news reports, but I believe the official decision was relayed just to Bert and he has 10 days to respond (he's supposed to give a press conference) and decide whether to appeal. All the other reports so far have been "unofficial" so they may not be completely accurate.

But if he's found to have cheated in the actual race, I don't see how they can't void the results. However sometimes they move up the second place finisher (like Pereiro and Landis) and other times they just leave the championship blank (like Riis's 1996 win).

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Tour of Qatar starts with a surprise win for Lars Boom in the prologue and another bad crash for Cav.

vCash
    Tour of Qatar starts with a surprise win for Lars Boom in the prologue and another bad crash for Cav.
    Did Cav forget how to ride a bike? It's like he falls off every time he gets on. It's a time trial! There isn't even anyone else for him to crash in to!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I didn't see it, but from the reports I read, Qatar somehow managed to find cobbles for the prologue and he was bunny hopping over a bump when the tire collapsed. Even still, he's been pretty beat up for this early in the season.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Ricco was recently hospitalized with reports of "kidney stones" or "kidney failure", but Gazzetta is reporting that he confessed to the doctor that he had a "bad transfusion" when he was transfusing his own blood. Cyclingnews reminds us that a second doping conviction could lead to him being banned for life.

vCash
    Ricco was recently hospitalized with reports of "kidney stones" or "kidney failure", but Gazzetta is reporting that he confessed to the doctor that he had a "bad transfusion" when he was transfusing his own blood. Cyclingnews reminds us that a second doping conviction could lead to him being banned for life.
    There's a level at which I wonder if more than half of the elite competitors are really clean, or whether the situation is much worse than that. It makes it much less attractive as a sport for casual observers, IMO.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Mangel pipped at the line by Voeckler, while he's celebrating his victory - so embarassing when this happens.

Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast