Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

vCash
    Don't forget to mention that Cancellara is world champion AGAIN!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Sparrow View Post
    Don't forget to mention that Cancellara is world champion AGAIN!
    Any reason to post a pic of Cancellara is good.

how many titles is that Fabian?

I hate that Worlds is being overshadowed by the Bert controversy.

ETA: And just in case you haven't had enough doping controversy for the time being, investigators searched Ricco's house and found "unidentified tablets"
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 09-30-2010 at 06:03 PM.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Tranquillo
    vCash
    yes it's true, it's Michael Rasmussen doing the quickstep :rofl

ETA: German press claims there was a higher than normal level of some "plasticizers" in Contador's tests which could be evidence of blood doping. The theory being that the low levels of clen resulted from taking blood in an out of competition period where he may have been taking clen, and reintroducing it on the rest day. Even if they tested the blood, the levels were low enough that they weren't picked up (but that the Cologne lab used during the Tour had more sophisticated equipment that could pick up the trace levels. No info given on how the German reporter would have gotten access to the test levels for plasticizers.
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 09-30-2010 at 08:57 PM.

DAISUKE!!!!!!!!!!
    vCash
    It's been such a depressing day.

So here is something a bit more cheery. Fabian's big day in big pictures.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    ETA: German press claims there was a higher than normal level of some "plasticizers" in Contador's tests which could be evidence of blood doping. The theory being that the low levels of clen resulted from taking blood in an out of competition period where he may have been taking clen, and reintroducing it on the rest day. Even if they tested the blood, the levels were low enough that they weren't picked up (but that the Cologne lab used during the Tour had more sophisticated equipment that could pick up the trace levels. No info given on how the German reporter would have gotten access to the test levels for plasticizers.
    Plasticizers and hormones of all kinds are so ubiquitous now, they're found in drinking water. At some point the testing equipment will be so sensitive, that everybody will test positive for something. I hope this is just a case of contamination (contaminated food, contaminated water bottles, whatever) but whatever is actually the case, it is still a mess.

Time to go look at some pictures of Fabian to cheer up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by susan6 View Post
    Plasticizers and hormones of all kinds are so ubiquitous now, they're found in drinking water.

The kinds used in water bottles are different from the type used in blood bags. Which is why they test for those certain plastics. Or so I read in one of the many (way too) many articles I read in the last 24 hours. I'd provide a link but I can't remember which article. However...wait and see is how I feel. In the mean time..

Spartacus RULES! He is amazing and I hope he pulls off the double and wins the RR!

Tony Martin! got a flat and took third in the TT. Probably would have beat Millar for 2nd but no way he's have beat Fabian.

lot of pics here. http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/uci...ite-men/photos

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by itsartemis View Post
    It's been such a depressing day.

So here is something a bit more cheery. Fabian's big day in big pictures.
    How is his hair so immaculately coiffed after being in a sweaty helmet for an hour?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lash View Post
    Tony Martin! got a flat and took third in the TT. Probably would have beat Millar for 2nd but no way he's have beat Fabian.
    I was surprised Tony had gotten third instead of second but I didn't know he had a flat. for him to come in 3rd!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    to Taylor for getting a bronze (in a record making tie with Canada's Boivin) in the U23 road race to go with his gold in the TT. I was going to watch online last night, but lost power due to some very heavy rainstorms in the area. Congrats to Australia for getting a home country gold.
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 10-01-2010 at 07:01 PM.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Who knew cows had passports?

And Ivan Basso's sister has been banned for 4 years from being involved with CONI, Italian national federations or from frequenting sporting facilities or places designated for athletes and their coaches or from participaint in events organized by Italian federations.
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 10-02-2010 at 05:02 AM.

vCash
    My husband who's an MD said that Spain is a country that has a history of finding clenbuterol in meat, even though it's illegal. Back in the 80s or 90s it was legal and there were some human deaths from the residue in meat. So the story may have some basis in fact. He also said that it would be a rather stupid pick for using illegally since it can be fatal and wouldn't be very beneficial.

DAISUKE!!!!!!!!!!
    vCash
    Ok, I apologize in advance for having to use caps and exclamation marks here, but:

THOR HUSHOVD IS WORLD CHAMPION!!!! I just can't believe it. He is our first World Champion in cycling ever!

I sat up watching all night. The last hour (around 6.30AM) I started getting really tired, couldn't sit and resorted to walking around in front of the TV. So sure that when EBH was gone from the front group, the Italians and the Belgians were going to make it too hard for Spain to close the gap, but all of a sudden things got really exciting when Gilbert went too early and was caught.

I was so sure Breschel had it, until I saw a red, white and blue cannonball emerge on the right side. And in the end, there was no contest - he won with two bike lengths! I screamed and woke up my neighbors at 7.35AM a Sunday morning! What an adrenaline rush. I haven't been this happy about a sports result since Daisuke won Worlds. And it didn't really matter that the Australians totally butchered our national anthem! At least they played the right one, albeit a syrupy one for like 10-15 seconds.

Didn't fall asleep before 9AM - so many messages and phone calls. Woke up an hour ago. Now I'm going to watch the delayed Eurosport coverage with my two favorite commentators.

Sorry - pretty excited! Needed this after a depressing few days because of Contador.

Here is Thor in big pictures!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Congrats, itsartemis (and Thor!) I made it through most of the race, but by 12:30 I just couldn't stay awake any more. Can't wait to see the broadcast.

Very well deserved win for Thor and a nice boost for Garmin-Cervelo next year. And he does look very handsome in the rainbow stripes.

ETA: Love this pic from Cadel's wife
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 10-03-2010 at 09:02 PM.

vCash
    LOL. I love that.

Tranquillo
    vCash

vCash
    I hate that Worlds is being overshadowed by the Bert controversy.
    Toto makes a subtle comment on it in the title panel here, where you can barely see Fabian and Thor in the background. "Hello?" "Smash?"

http://nyvelocity.com/content/toto/2010/toto-turns-202

vCash
    YAY THOR! I'm so happy for you itsartemis! First ever WC medal for Norway and a gold at that

Tranquillo
    vCash
    NY Times article about the plasticizer test

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Per his twitter, Sal Ruibal who wrote for USA Today and covered cycling among other sports, was let go from the paper. Doesn't bode well for cycling coverage in USA Today.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 10-07-2010 at 05:28 PM.

Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast