Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    So that's why none of them went to Liquigas.

But one of my favorite OEC (obscure euro cyclists ) Eros Capecchi signed for Liquigas from Footon.

I think he will fit right in, just look at the hair.
    Last edited by lash; 09-01-2010 at 10:50 PM.

DAISUKE!!!!!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lash View Post
    Here is the REAL reason why the CTT riders went to Garmin. (yes, I added the captions)

Excellent!

vCash
    Here is the REAL reason why the CTT riders went to Garmin. (yes, I added the captions)

Although, I have a weakness for gingers. And argyle. So I think Farrar is cute when he makes good hair choices. (Even though, you know, Cav 4 Eva or something.) I have to ask though, is there really anyone cute on Team Sky? Because I think I'd like them better if there was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post

Although, I have a weakness for gingers. And argyle. So I think Farrar is cute when he makes good hair choices. (Even though, you know, Cav 4 Eva or something.) I have to ask though, is there really anyone cute on Team Sky? Because I think I'd like them better if there was.

I do think Tylar has hottie potential. And um...I wouldn't kick Dave Z outta bed either. I was mostly joking about Garmin being the ugliest team in the peloton. I was gonna say that title goes to Euskatel but they do have Sammy Sanchez...Need to do more research I hope that we see Black/Red/White argyle next year. Tho the orange and blue does stand out.

Hotties on Team Sky???? WHAT?? How could you miss Boassen Hagen.

For some reason most of the (good) pics (I can find) of him are from when he was on Columbia.

He is also Norweigian TT champ. Yes, he is riding a time trial on a road bike. (Thor is RR champ) I think disallowed TT bikes at Tour of Quatar or some other small stage race? Who knows.
    Last edited by lash; 09-02-2010 at 01:53 AM.

Tranquillo
    vCash

(Even though, you know, Cav 4 Eva or something.)
    Cav needs to get Cav 4 ever jersies made up, just like Vino did

It's really hard to hate Vino when he's so entertainingly outrageous.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I cannot get over the Vino-4-ever jersey. It takes a special kind of chutzpah to pull that off.

All these team sponsors switching around has left me with a confusing backlog of cycling team names in my brain. When I heard yesterday about "armed man holding hostages at Discovery Channel" my kneejerk reaction was, "Holy crap, Lance Armstrong finally snapped under the pressure."

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by susan6 View Post
    All these team sponsors switching around has left me with a confusing backlog of cycling team names in my brain. When I heard yesterday about "armed man holding hostages at Discovery Channel" my kneejerk reaction was, "Holy crap, Lance Armstrong finally snapped under the pressure."

Bruyneel did tweet that he was glad all "their friends at Discovery were safe", but I don't think Lance mentioned the incident.

ESPN article about the Andreus and the Lance investigation.

Phinney has been discussing possible moves for next year saying both BMC and Team Schleck (name to be announced) are interested. He commented that he's interested in the "long term" and noted Radio Shack only has a one year commitment left (and there were apparently some whispers at the Tour of Utah that even next year might not be certain.)

vCash
    Cancellara is reportedly eager to not ride with Sexy Back next year, but he's got a contract for next year that he can't buy his way out of, and Riis has said he's not interested in trading Cancellara.
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/canc...r-eur3-million

Anybody have 3 million euros I can borrow?

DAISUKE!!!!!!!!!!
    vCash

If he knew you had called him a hottie, he would crawl under the bed and stay there for a good while, I think. He's so terribly shy.

Just saw him on TV a few minutes ago. He has started "Operation Stay Another Year" to get Kurt Asle Arvesen to stay for another year as a pro. He had cut off his mullet (finally) and looked good.

I tried linking to a funny interview Bradley Wiggins did with Boasson H. during the Tour but it was geo-blocked. Here it is on Youtube. "not a great entertainer is young Edvald", pretty much sums it up.

vCash
    Sorry, sorry, sometimes I forget people if they haven't been thrown on my TV and talked about to a long extent. Perhaps this is why I wish Wiggins were hot. They talked about him a ton. He might as well be nice to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by susan6 View Post
    I cannot get over the Vino-4-ever jersey. It takes a special kind of chutzpah to pull that off.
    You know, Cav is a pretty big fan of Cav. But maybe not as much as Vino is a big fan of Vino.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by itsartemis View Post
    I tried linking to a funny interview Bradley Wiggins did with Boasson H. during the Tour but it was geo-blocked. Here it is on Youtube. "not a great entertainer is young Edvald", pretty much sums it up.

yeah, I've read some interviews with him asking him how he felt about being a rishing star in cycling. He seems very "meh...yeah. I ride bikes. So what?" I wish I could tell if he was being funny in a dry way or is just like that. NOthing wrong with being shy tho I'll watch the vid when I get home from work.

TG, you should read Boy Racer. Cav's book. It's light and fluffy (got thru it in a day) but it's good stuff. Esp if you are a fan. Yeah, Wigo looks about 45. What happened?

If I only had 3 million Euros
    Last edited by lash; 09-03-2010 at 12:18 AM.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I've got Cav's book but haven't read it yet. This three day weekend may be a good time to read it.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Australian cycling blog started a contest for pictures taken by cell phones that relate to a cycling theme ("what you missed this morning"). A few pro riders, including FSU fave Mark Renshaw, got in on the fun and started sending pics.

Here are the first set of pictures from contestants, with a separate category at the bottom for the pros.

vCash
    Australian cycling blog started a contest for pictures taken by cell phones that relate to a cycling theme ("what you missed this morning"). A few pro riders, including FSU fave Mark Renshaw, got in on the fun and started sending pics.

Here are the first set of pictures from contestants, with a separate category at the bottom for the pros.
    oh cool! I take pics all the time when I am out riding You see totally different thing on a bike then in a car. I almost posted one of my race pictures here, but I felt silly.

itsartemis, I watched that video with Edvald. Awwww, he's so shy!! Poor thing look terrified of the camera. When Wiggo was like "do you want to say anything to your people" I was expecting him to start speaking in Norwegian (norsk?) but he kept speaking in english. He looked like he wanted to go hide. awww.

DAISUKE!!!!!!!!!!
    vCash

These are really cool pictures! Thank you for the link.

itsartemis, I watched that video with Edvald. Awwww, he's so shy!! Poor thing look terrified of the camera. When Wiggo was like "do you want to say anything to your people" I was expecting him to start speaking in Norwegian (norsk?) but he kept speaking in english. He looked like he wanted to go hide. awww.
    He is almost just as shy when he's speaking Norwegian. When he came to the scene, we were thinking he'd get used to it, but it really does not seem like he'll ever do that. He's the most uncharismatic athlete we have, but we still love him a lot, what's not to love - his cycling is fantastic!

And yes, it is norsk.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Taylor Phinney takes the prologue at the Tour de l'Avenir and tweets with delight that the jersey was presented by Hinault and he got a stuffed lion.

vCash
    Tour of Britain Provisional Start List

Yes Theatergirl, our favorite will be there

and there will be more pics. Oh yes, there will be more pics!

vCash
    Yes Theatergirl, our favorite will be there

See, I think this is Cav's problem, really. Because even once the tour de france was over and they were doing there victory lap, and even though Renshaw wasn't even in the race any more, Cav was still following Renshaw when I saw them. Clearly it is hard for Cav to go places if he doesn't have Renshaw's butt to follow. (BTW if there are any "following Renshaw around" positions open, I am available)

(Which reminds me, I forgot to mention this earlier because it took me a while to get them uploaded, if anyone wants to see my TdF final stage pictures, just PM me. I just didn't want to post the link to my facebook where everyone could see.)

vCash

See, I think this is Cav's problem, really. Because even once the tour de france was over and they were doing there victory lap, and even though Renshaw wasn't even in the race any more Cav was still following Renshaw when I saw them. Clearly it is hard for Cav to go places if he doesn't have Renshaw's butt to follow. (BTW if there are any "following Renshaw around" positions open, I am available)

That could be it, (and nice pic btw!) but it's not like he still didn't have a nice...wheel to follow. I mean....Eisle is a good lead out ;-)

Ahem....what was that about jobs? I am more than available! oh! I already PMed you. Please PM me with your facebook!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Pippo Pozzato's blog at Cyclingnews talks about the Vuelta, his tax investigation and Worlds, althought it's this paragraph that made me chuckle.

There seems to be a bit of a fashion for 'i baffi', as we call them in Italian. Dave Zabriskie has got a 'tache too. Joaquin Rodriguez reckons I look like his twin brother. I've nothing against Zabriskie, but to be honest, I think I'm a little bit better looking….

Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast