Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Tranquillo
    vCash
    Garmin's neo-pro Jack Bobridge gets his first pro win at Eneco. And Matt Goss gets the win at Plouay. With such an abundance of talent, the Aussies had some hard choices to make regarding the Worlds team, and it appears Robbie McEwen didn't make the team for the "home country Worlds".
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Leipheimer wins the Tour of Utah, despite not having any teammates in the race (athough the Trek Livestrong team was probably fairly friendly). He rode it in honor of his friend, who used to be the executive director of the race, who died last year from cancer.

It was Leipheimer's first time participating in the Tour of Utah and he acknowledged that one main reason was the memory of his friend, the late Terry McGinnis. McGinnis, the former executive director, passed away after a two-year battle with colon cancer in October last year.

"Terry and I had some fantastic rides together and every day this week I remember more and more how much it meant to me because that was a period of my life where I was just getting going in cycling," said Leipheimer.

"That was a very decisive period in my career and to have a training partner like that really motivated me. I think the Tour of Utah and the riders owe a big thank you to Terry and I do as well. I think it is fair to say that this race is his legacy."

DAISUKE!!!!!!!!!!
    vCash
    Not entirely confirmed, but it has been rumored for a few days:
    Garmin-Cervelo emerges for 2011

I think this is great for Hushovd. He can finally really concentrate on the classics and leave the green jersey chase to Ferrar.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Garmin has confirmed that Cervelo will be its new bike sponsor next season after the demise of CTT, and it's expected some riders will transfer to Garmin as well. Unclear yet if Cervelo will become some sort of presenting sponsor or not.

Australia's planned pro tour team, Pegasus, is eager to talk to a number of the CTT guys including Lancaster and even Hushovd (who is rumored to be one of the guys going to Garmin).

ETA: The Onion on the Lance doping allegations
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 08-27-2010 at 09:15 PM.

vCash
    Lots of lately between Cervelo folding and not telling the riders until oh...two days ago. Garmin riding on Cervelos. Countries announcing their entries for Worlds, Rumours about Team Lux and of course the Vuelta starts tomorrow.

To Tony Martin for winning the Eneco Tour in STYLE!

With the demise of Team Sexy Back as we know it is Columbia going to become Team HoTtieC representin' with Martin, Eisel and Renshaw? (I am sorry, I just can't think of cav is hot.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lash View Post
    With the demise of Team Sexy Back as we know it is Columbia going to become Team HoTtieC representin' with Martin, Eisel and Renshaw? (I am sorry, I just can't think of cav is hot.)
    I think Cav is kind of hot in a Russell Crowe-type cantankerous brawler kind of way.

Team Saxo Bank is now Team Saxo Bank-Sungard, and Cancellara is still on the team, so.....still Team Sexy Back.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Lots of about McEwen not making the Worlds team for Australia, but I'm more annoyed at their not picking Renshaw. The course has been touted as a sprinters course, but Australia has clearly indicated they don't think the race will end in a bunch sprint.

Andy has said he won't ride Worlds, which leaves the Lux team a little light on riders.

It will be interesting to see where the cards fall with CTT folding. Luckily there are some new teams hiring so I'd hope most of them will end up somewhere good.

We can still count on Liquigas bringing the hotitude (and hair products), but rumors have Bennati going to the new Team Lux which is definitely a loss to their hot ranking.

Cancellara is reportedly eager to not ride with Sexy Back next year, but he's got a contract for next year that he can't buy his way out of, and Riis has said he's not interested in trading Cancellara.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Lots of about McEwen not making the Worlds team for Australia, but I'm more annoyed at their not picking Renshaw. The course has been touted as a sprinters course, but Australia has clearly indicated they don't think the race will end in a bunch sprint.
    Me too. FSU LURRRVES RENSHAW DO NOT DENY US! of hotness. ahem. sorry. However a lot of peoplem including Bettini thinks it will not be a bunch sprint. Course is suited more for someone like Freire, Haussler, LL Sanchez (still injured, not) racing) etc.

Fly V Austrialia is looking for a Pro Tour Liscense and will be at least 50% Aussie One of the CTT riders I would miss is Aussie Brett Lancaster if he does not get signed. I am sure he will land somewhere. Kinda messed up of CTT to announce this at the END of transfer season.

Pippo and Bennatti

Yeah, I get the feeling Spartacus does not want to ride for Contaor. Plus he lost his fellow classics men O'Grady and Breshel. Not that he needs help to crush the cobbles but still.
    Last edited by lash; 08-28-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Me too. FSU LURRRVES RENSHAW DO NOT DENY US! of hotness. ahem. sorry. However a lot of peoplem including Bettini thinks it will not be a bunch sprint. Course is suited more for someone like Freire, Haussler, LL Sanchez (still injured, not) racing) etc.
    After all the hoopla about giving up his German passport and choosing to ride for Australia, Haussler isn't on the Worlds team either. His camp says he's still injured and removed himself from consideration

Australia's Pegasus team is targeting Hushovd, Lancaster and Haussler
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 08-28-2010 at 08:09 PM.

vCash
    I think Haussler would have raced had he not gotten injured There is next year and 2012 in London!

We posted the same link GK do you read/post on the CN forums?

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Ooops, sorry for the double post.

I read CN, but not usually the forums. I tend to stick with Podium Cafe for cycling forums/blogs.
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 08-28-2010 at 11:16 PM.

DAISUKE!!!!!!!!!!
    vCash
    I can't find an English article, but Thor Hushovd confirmed after today's Vuelta stage that he has signed a contract with Garmin for next year.

He'll bring with him the best classics riders from Cervelo, and said his biggest goal is to win a big Classic next season and the Worlds. He said on Friday he wants to do that before he tries winning a third Green jersey.

Good news!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Hmm, it will be interesting to see how Tyler and Thor get along together, but I like Thor, so I'm glad he'll be at the big races next year.

ETA: Article on Bicycling website about the impact of Cervelo's folding on the Garmin riders and who might be affected by new riders coming in.
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 08-30-2010 at 09:46 PM.

DAISUKE!!!!!!!!!!
    vCash
    I actually don't think it will be a problem with both Tyler and Thor in the same team. Thor has hinted he might not even ride the Tour next season, and if he does, he will not chase the green jersey.

Today his personal trainer said "Thor is not a sprinter anymore. All the training he's done towards the Classics have taken away so much time and focus from the sprint training."

He is at a crossroads now and really wants to focus on the Classics and the trainer also pointed out Freire didn't race the Tour when he won his World titles. Neither did Bettini those 2 years he won Worlds, so they are at least considering that scenario.

I wonder how the Norwegian public will react if he's not in Vendee on July 2nd next year. It will be a blow for most people, who are only interested in the Tour. Personally, I want him to have at least a big Classics win before he retires. He's wasted too many years (read at C.A.) not fulfilling the immense potential he had already 10 years ago.

Both Saxo Bank and Garmin looking very different next season.

Tranquillo
    vCash

vCash

I will always remember 1989. I was totally cheering for LeMond, but in recent years, I'd really come to appreciate Fignon.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Garmin signs a bunch more Cervelo riders including Lancaster and Haussler. A number of existing Garmin riders can't be comfortable with their contract status given the number of CTT riders coming over. Tom Danielson better hope he gets some results at the Vuelta.

BMC also has a bunch of new signings including the always fun Quinziato.

and Trek was announced as the bike supplier for Andy and Frank's new team.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Very sad news.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Here is the REAL reason why the CTT riders went to Garmin. (yes, I added the captions)

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Here is the REAL reason why the CTT riders went to Garmin. (yes, I added the captions)

So that's why none of them went to Liquigas.

Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast