Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I seriously don't know how anyone could help loving him.

It's Not Possible

Just because you're the lead out guy and not the stage winner doesn't mean we don't notice all your.....hard work

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by itsartemis View Post
    Just came back from Oslo Grand Prix ....

Just read Contador is going to ride a crit in Herning, Denmark on Friday (Bjarne Riis' home town). I think that is a good move by him, as he needs some good will from the Danes, who obviously need some time to warm up to him.
    Sounds like so much fun! I wish we got the post tour crits here in the US.

GK are you going to do a Vuelta thread?! Maybe I will or we can continue here

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lash View Post
    GK are you going to do a Vuelta thread?! Maybe I will or we can continue here
    Either is fine by me. Sky just announced their team, so we should be getting more start lists soon.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I am all for a Vuelta thread. You start it.

I will post pics of renshaw and eisel the HTC start list when announced.

vCash
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tele...nsor-from-2011

New sponsor for Caisse D'epargne.

And!

Vuelta Preliminary Start List

Wow. First off, no Renshaw but Eisel and Cav are on the list.

And Tejay Van Garderen assigned to his first GT! Yay for the future of US Cycling!

/HTC fangirl

Track World Champ
    and Super Hottie Theo Bos is making his Grand Tour Debut for Cervelo I've been waiting for this! I could post pics of Theo all day. Some very, very NSFW ;-)

Other HOT notable sprinters include Ale Jet , Tyler Thor Bennati (Left, with Basso)

No Boonen Or Haussler

vCash
    oops.
    Last edited by lash; 08-12-2010 at 09:03 PM.

vCash
    Vuelta: That night-time team time trial on the first stage would be fascinating to watch, if it could be found anywhere on my TV. Sounds pretty dangerous!

Apparently Saxo Bank/Sungard has signed Contador's loyal Spanish Armada for two years. (Noval and Navarro and Hernandez)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/saxo...-top-spaniards

vCash
    Wow. First off, no Renshaw
    whyyyyyyy whyyyy whyyyy

Now that my Nancy impression is over, I'm hoping Cav can keep racing well. It honestly doesn't seem like Frank Schleck should be ready to race already. That was a bad break! But then these guys are always ready to go much faster than I would.

vCash
    whyyyyyyy whyyyy whyyyy

There there TG, it's sad I know. I will miss him too

Also adding to Vuelta hotness is perennial pretty boy Pozzzato.

and of course Spartacus.

I hope that makes you feel better

vCash
    and of course Spartacus.

I hope that makes you feel better
    It'll make my mom feel better, for sure, Fabian is exactly her type. I really wasn't a Spartacus fan until this year. But then I was really impressed with how hard he was working for the team even when he was in yellow. And now I'm his fan.

Perhaps I will comfort myself with the fact that I got to see Mark Renshaw live after the final stage of the tour.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by susan6 View Post
    Vuelta: That night-time team time trial on the first stage would be fascinating to watch, if it could be found anywhere on my TV. Sounds pretty dangerous!
    Where are you Susan? Do you get Universal? If not, check cyclingfans, they have links to broadcasts almost every day.

vCash
    and if you can't get a live stream you can download the Universal or Eurosport coverage later.

vCash
    It'll make my mom feel better, for sure, Fabian is exactly her type. I really wasn't a Spartacus fan until this year. But then I was really impressed with how hard he was working for the team even when he was in yellow. And now I'm his fan.

Perhaps I will comfort myself with the fact that I got to see Mark Renshaw live after the final stage of the tour.
    Your mom has good taste Yes, I will always cherish my pic with Mark and Mark at the Chasing Legends screening and seeing them at ToC. I have to go to Le Tour some day in person! I am jealous

For itsartemis

EBH wins in Holland!

DAISUKE!!!!!!!!!!
    vCash
    For itsartemis

EBH wins in Holland!
    He seems to be healthy and have found his legs again.
    Here is a 3 minute video in Dutch from the race. Hopefully he'll ride well tomorrow in the Vattenfall Cyclassics.

Contador was in Denmark for 2 1/2 days - they sure started the charm offensive early.

Alberto and Bjarne.
    Looking happy.

Bjarne looking mighty pleased.

During a press conference Alberto held a longer speech in English. He really seems to be making a huge effort and Bjarne said he has promised he will work on his English, just like Basso and Sastre did. They also did not speak much English before coming to CSC. I think it's clear Alberto understands a lot of English, he just needs to get some practice actually talking English and some confidence in that area.

Some translation of what Contador said during the press conference:

• I have the understanding that there is a whole nation that backs this cycling team and that is one of the reasons why I already now am coming here to get a first impression of the interest in the Saxo Bank team.

• I have received many positive messages from Danes since it was announced I was going to be riding for Bjarne Riis. And I am prepared to work hard to earn their support.

• I agreed to this change of team because I will be getting a strong team and an experienced director that supports me. And that gives me the tranquility I need to continue to develop.

• When I rode the Tour I did not know with certainty I would be riding for Team Saxo Bank-SunGard next year. There were other possibilities. The deal was not closed during the Tour, so it didn't feel strange riding against my new teammates during the Tour.

• Chris Anker and Nicki [Sørensen] will be very important to me. I have seen how strong riders they are when they have been riding against me. I am very motivated in getting to know them and ride with them.

• [About new signings for the team]
      I already feel we have a good base and I will not at this point mention any names we are looking at so the interest for those riders will increase.

• [About Lance Armstrong]
      Lance Armstrong is a big champion. This year things did not go his way - like they did in 2009, but I think he deserves praise for finishing the Tour.

He mentioned in another interview how really hard the years in Astana's been - that there were so many uncertainties that sapped everyone's energy, and mentions so many times the words 'tranquility', 'support' and 'stability'. He really has been wanting that for a long time.

Pictures from the crit:
    Rasmussen and Contador
    Future teammate?

Michael Mørkøv (Saxobank) won the crit ahead of Michael Rasmussen. Conta finished with the bunch.

And finally Andy and Fränk confirm they will be riding for Team Luxembourg, but say nothing we didn't already know. Come on, guys - give us some more information!!!!

Brian Holm has confirmed he is in talks with the Luxembourg team, as he does not yet have a contract with HTC next season. Lots of Danes going to Luxembourg, it seems...

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Thanks for the summaries and the pics, itsartemis! It appears Bjarne didn't stop smiling during the whole visit, and I can't blame him. For some time he looked like he had no sponsor and that most of his team was leaving. Now he's back in the game with a top contender, must be very satisfying for him.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Nice win for Tyler at Vattenfall Classic. Doesn't exactly compensate for the TdF, but it shows some good form for the Vuelta and a rematch with Cav.

And good for Levi at Leadville. Nice to see him play in the dirt again.
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 08-15-2010 at 10:55 PM.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Sastre to ride for Gianetti's new Geox team next year. Didn't expect him to leave Cervelo. Cervelo needs a GC guy if they want to get the big invites and there aren't that many still on the market.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Canadian cyclist Svein Tuft wins the prologue in the Eneco race

And last minute entry Taylor Phinney does the same at the Tour of Utah.. Taylor was a stagiare at Radio Shack, but came back from Europe with some knee soreness and decided to race Utah at the last minute with the U23 Trek-Livestrong team.

And in more "signing" news, Ricardo Ricco signs with Vacansoleil despite lots of rumors that he was joining Quick Step- this should be fun. HIs fashion choices are always good for a few laughs.

ETA: Interesting interview with one of my favorite riders on twitter, Mike Creed
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 08-18-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Poor Cav, England only gets 3 riders in the road race for Worlds, while Iran and Morroco each get 6. At least there's someone for the media to blame, Wiggins and his bad TdF

Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast