Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...5&id=753290972

Can you see it? That's me in the middle So I went to the Chasing Legends documentary folling HTC Colombia during the 09 TdF. I got to the theater early from the time trial and picked the best seat in the house that I could. The center of the theater was reserved for VIPs. So I picked dead center in the row behind VIP. before the movie starts the director comes out and thanks everyone for their help. How open and awesome the entire team/staff of HTC is and how friendly they are. Then as he's saying that in walks Renshaw, Cav, Eisel and some others who were not riders. Cav sat two seats from my right in that VIP row. He was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. I was like watching him walk towards me.

Was kinda surreal watching him on the big screen getting interviewed and clips of him winning stages then being able to over at his reactions to them.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Totally jealous, while very happy for you at the same time! Great pic. Sounds like an amazing night.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Steephill has some great photos from the Gavia stage of the Giro. This Giro has been fantastic with the lead changing frequently, and supposedly quiet days turning the race upside down more than once.

I hope this year's time trial isn't quite as scary as last year's with Menchov crashing in the rain

ETA:: In the Sunday time trial, Gibo Simoni wore a shirt collar and pink tie under his time trial suit. He stopped and took off his time trial suit so he had a black jersey with collar and tie when he road into the amphtheater.

The Giro sure knows how to stage a scenic ending. Last year in front of Rome's colisseum, and this year in an ancient ampitheater in Verona.

Basso and his son

The winning team celebrates

These pics were actually from last year, but the "big pics" column does a great job of showing off the beauty of the Giro

And to Taylor Phinney for his second U23 Paris-Roubaix win.
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 05-30-2010 at 05:44 PM.

vCash
    I finally was able to see the Giro for the last few stages as I don't get Uni Sports. I was able to figure out a way to get Eurosport coverage. Such an awesome race!!! Bring on the Tour!

Liquigas is crazy stong team and they actually work together..imagine that I wonder if they will have Sagan on the TdF Roster? I foresee another season of drama on Astana with Vino and Contador......won't bode well for either. Can't wait for July.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lash View Post
    I finally was able to see the Giro for the last few stages as I don't get Uni Sports. I was able to figure out a way to get Eurosport coverage. Such an awesome race!!! Bring on the Tour!
    Cyclingfans almost always has links to live coverage for the big races.

And if there is anything on Unisports that you really want to see, just let me know and I can tape it. A very nice poster here taped the whole TdF for me for a couple years before I got VS on my cable lineup.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Going back to the Giro for this gem, Vino with helmet hair (thanks to NY Velocity for tweeting)

Tranquillo
    vCash

vCash
    A little World Cup/Cycling humour. If cyclists were footballers… The PBK World Cup Dream Team.

http://www.pbkblog.com/?p=6253

PBK is an online retailer of high end bike stuff but they have a good blog.

GK, Every stage of the Dauphine is on EuroSport HD It's been great to watch at work ;-)

Tranquillo
    vCash
    He seems to have been carved out of granite and looks at you like you owe him money. Just who we need to throw his weight around and generally frighten people, (own team mates included
    at this description of Vino.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Vuelta invites were announced and RadioShack was invited to stay home. I feel bad for Jani Brajkovic who was likely going to be the leader and thought they were getting an invite. He tweeted to Tejay VanGarderen "see you at the Vuelta" just this weekend.

And congrats to Tejay on making the podium at the Dauphine in his first year as a pro. Chris Horner definitely helped him on the Alpe d'Huez stage and kept him on the podium (just helping a fellow American? Tejay and Phinney are good friends, so that may have had something to do with it as well). Tejay tweeted to Horner after the stage that the In and Out Burgers were on him.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 06-16-2010 at 01:12 AM.

vCash
    ouch!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Dear GOD that was hard to watch. The caption of the video said that said about about the injury situation. Have you seen any articles on the crash?

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Haussler is out with bad bruises, but they say he just needs a few days and that nothing's broken. initial exam for Cav shows he didn't have anything broken, although he looked dazed and perhaps concussed after the incident, and certainly had some bad bruising. It can't be good when Boonen rides over you. Coyot the Caisse rider had some broken bones, but not a broken hip as was initially feared. No word on the AG2R rider who was launched into the barricades.

The race jury relegated Cav, and fined him both cash and many points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    The race jury relegated Cav, and fined him both cash and many points.
    Looks like he's paying for it in more ways than one.

vCash
    http://twitpic.com/1x2ehw

Aw, that is so cute

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Apparently there was a rider protest against Cav at the start of today's stage with the start delayed 2 minutes.

Those bruises look bad - I can't imagine trying to ride (or even sleep ) with those, but he's lucky nothing was broken.

vCash

Tranquillo
    vCash
    It's so sad. Kim's wife is expecting twins any day now. The reports seem to be conflicting on exactly what happened.

On more upbeat news, I was skimming through the "to record" list on my tivo this weekend, and the prologue for the TdF was listed.

vCash
    Don't even know what to say about Kim. It's just awful.

On another note. I'm very excited for my vacation in July but it sadly means that I won't get to watch much of the Tour de France as I'll be busy doing vacation things from July 10th-26th. However the timing of our trip worked out that we will be in Paris on July 25th which is the last day of the tour.

Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast