Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Froome has already publicly suggested that Wiggo take the team lead at the Giro and he take the team lead in the Tour. It begins already!
    According to the BBC, Wiggins has suggested that too:

"It's more than likely I'll ride in a supporting role for Chris," Team Sky rider Wiggins said. "I just want to be in a successful team."

"My objective will be the Giro."
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Yeah, I saw that. In the article I read yesterday he said he'd focus on the Giro and see what happens in the tour which is a little less emphatic. It's logical because this is not a great route for Wiggo but I imagine it'll be difficult for the guy with #1 on his back to ride in support.

Meanwhile Contador is supporting Lance and US Postal? I know he road for Bruyneel for two of his tour titles but, if I were him, I'd be distancing myself like crazy rather than clinging to that sinking ship.

Tranquillo
    vCash

Tranquillo
    vCash

vCash
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/20246940

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oth...hire-road.html

Bradley Wiggins now being reported as having suffered several cracked ribs after being knocked off his bike near his home.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Mark Cavendish and Peta Todd get engaged

And who knew that Mark used to be a ballroom dancer?

She says: “The first thing my friends want to know is what our first dance will be.

“I am the most uncoordinated person you’ll ever meet — all long legs and clumsy feet — and Mark did ballroom dancing at national level as a teenager.

vCash
    Okay, I definitely did not know that and that is hilarious. He'd be awfully short for a ballroom dancer now!

Tranquillo
    vCash

Tranquillo
    vCash

Tranquillo
    vCash
    There was a link in the article that Maofan7 posted that made me laugh - after winning SPOTY, Wiggins ends the night with a late night Big Mac at McDonalds

Tranquillo
    vCash

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Loved this Cyclingnews quote from Andy Schleck:
    Schleck was also sceptical about Sky’s implementation of a “zero-tolerance” anti-doping policy during the off-season, which saw Bobby Julich and Steven De Jongh leave the management team after they confessed to doping during their riding careers.

“It’s their decision, but a guy like Bobby Julich, who admitted to using EPO but changed his attitude afterwards, should not be disowned. I know him for a long time. At Saxo Bank, he helped me a lot and he was one of the cleanest on the team. Everybody has the right to a second chance. Look at David Millar: he tested positive for EPO and today he does a lot for anti-doping.”
    "one of the cleanest on the team" - Andy has such a way with words.

Quadless
    vCash
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    If you look at his Twitter, it's obvious that he's setting up an admission - and I think I can guess how he'll present it, too. I guess I'll find out if I'm right soon enough

Quadless
    vCash
    If this is true, it would define chutzpah.

Armstrong is coming forward to discuss his past doping because he wants to persuade officials to lift his lifetime ban from Olympic sports so he can return to competing in triathlons and running events, according to people with knowledge of his plans.
    Source
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Lance is rich enough that he should find something else to occupy his time other than competing triathlons. If he admits his guilt then he potentially opens himself to a host of lawsuits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    If this is true, it would define chutzpah.

Source
    I wish he'd just go away.

vCash
    I don't care how one views Lance Armstrong and his actions over the years, this is not the right way to react to his admission. The answer to dealing with doping, in cycling or in any other sport, is not to preemptively kick everyone out of the Olympics and punish people who have always played by the rules. No. This is not the same as stripping members of relay teams of medals when one member is found to have doped. It's a slap in the face to every cyclist who works hard to train and race clean.

There are dopers in many sports, and WADA and the IOC should focus on finding them, not on punishing clean athletes. Otherwise you might as well kick everyone out of the Olympics, except maybe the shooters and archers.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I actually agree with Dick Pound on this one. If the athletes are guilty then other athletes should not be punished I agree; but if the governing body of the sport is found guilty of covering up actions that go against the Olympic movement, then the sport itself must pay.

The Olympics relies on sports federations to create standards and qualifying systems and define the rules of their sport - and to uphold the values of the Olympic movement, including a commitment to clean competition. I don't think an organization that does not uphold that standard should be allowed to participate in the Olympics. Plus, how can a federation like that be trusted to run a fair competition? This is for the moment assuming that the cycling union is complicit of course.

It's a shame for the athletes, but I don't see any other way to ensure that the competition is fair in the future.

Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast