Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Tranquillo
    vCash
    He's better known as a speedskater, but since he's also a cyclist and a team doctor for BMC, here's an article in the NY Times on what Eric Heiden is doing these days.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/la-velodrome

Watch Track US Nationals streaming live over the internet. Womens 500m TT now. Team Pursuit up next. Taylor Phinney is doing a TP but not sure who his team mates are.

Scratch Races after that. Scratch races are like criteriums but on the track.

Tranquillo
    vCash

vCash
    just watched Taylor Phinney win the points race, by lapping the field twice! that was really cool. and thanks for the explanations, lash! really enjoyed meating you.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    To nobody's surprise, Horner signed with Astana. They've also reportedly added Jason McCartney from CSC and Bjorn Selander and Sam bewley from the Trek-Livestrong U23 team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    To nobody's surprise, Horner signed with Astana. They've also reportedly added Jason McCartney from CSC and Bjorn Selander and Sam bewley from the Trek-Livestrong U23 team.
    You mean RadioShack, right? I would assume the Livestrong U23 team would funnel talent to RadioShack.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by susan6 View Post
    You mean RadioShack, right? I would assume the Livestrong U23 team would funnel talent to RadioShack.
    Duh, yeah. I wonder how long I'll keep calling Radio Shack Astana?

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Valverde racing against some sled dogs (no, Piti wasn't involved)

Meanwhile, Taylor Phinney tweeted this pic, with a comment that he wasn't sure he should be drinking this water.

Tranquillo
    vCash

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Troubled Belgian cyclist Franck Vandenbroucke has died at age 34. So much talent, but unfortunately so many personal issues. Various reports about the cause of his death - initially reported as a lung embolism, but there are also reports about drugs being found next to his bed.

ETA: French opening an investigation into "suspicious syringes" found during the TdF, including some associated with Astana.

2010 TdF route will be unveiled tomorrow. You can get up at 5:30 Eastern time to watch live streaming video on Cycling tv and Versus.com. I might consider it for the Giro presentation which tends to be voidier and more of a fashion show.
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 10-13-2009 at 05:43 PM.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 10-14-2009 at 04:55 PM.

Podium girls at Vuelta make Yuna Kim look like a teenage boy
    vCash
    Troubled Belgian cyclist Franck Vandenbroucke has died at age 34. So much talent, but unfortunately so many personal issues. Various reports about the cause of his death - initially reported as a lung embolism, but there are also reports about drugs being found next to his bed.
    Why am I not surprised? I feel sorry for huge talent wasted.

Run Lance Run! Just kidding.

2010 TdF route will be unveiled tomorrow. You can get up at 5:30 Eastern time to watch live streaming video on Cycling tv and Versus.com. I might consider it for the Giro presentation which tends to be voidier and more of a fashion show.
    Nice to see Andy again.

Cheers GardenKitty! Thanks for the off-season reports. How else can I keep myself up to date with cycling? It's getting cold and I already miss the sun flowers of France in July.

The lack of TTs in the tour, I don't mind not having TTT, because it usually takes potential contenders like Cadel out of contention. ITTs used to be a lot more exciting when we had guys like Indurin or Ullrich who scorched through the TT course. For some reason, I don't get the same excitement out of TTs last couple of years. Honchar had his own styling of pedalling, but he was testosterone fueled.
    Last edited by Yunaonlyhope; 10-14-2009 at 08:08 PM.

vCash

It doesn't seem to be a good route for Armstrong with no TTT and only one relatively short ITT. Lack of a lot of time trials should help Schleck.
    Whenever I check CNN.com I keep seeing ads with Lance for some energy drink where he's working out his upper body. WTH, dude? Upper body mass is not going to help you beat the scrawny-chested guys you're competing with. A nice "gun show" is just extra weight to haul up the mountains.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 10-15-2009 at 04:52 PM.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    My computer was in overdrive on Saturday, with TEB, Gymnastics Worlds and Lombardia all on at the same time. I missed Philippe Gilbert's win (just beating Sammy Sanchez), but he definitely ends the season on a hot streak.

Bert chilling in Cancun after his crit win.

Cav all dressed up to accept the International Flandrien award

Riders taking in the sights in Cancun, even underground

Quinziato and dolphin

Lots of pics of riders being casual on the race site under "Imagenes"
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 10-19-2009 at 08:18 PM.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Elli Ochowicz, daughter of famed speedskater Sheila Young and noted US cyclist Jim Ochowicz (who is now part of managment at Hincapie's new team - BMC) had a great showing at speed skating team trials.

The route for 2010 Tour of California is being announced this morning (with hints on the Governor's twitter account), but this is reportedly the route.

Time trial in LA should be interesting, and Levi gets a stage ending in his home town. The race moves to May this year and is up against the Giro which should cut down on a lot of the Euro pros, but it should make for nicer weather. And Bakersfield is an odd stop, but apparently there is actually a pretty big Basque contingent there.

vCash
    wow! 3 essentially Los Angeles stages. I'm stoked, though I would have liked the downtown to the beach time trial. The LA trialthlon bike route went right past my house- I got so psyched that I jumped on and road that leg of the triathlon on the spur of the moment. it was fun.

oh- and I saw Elli race a couple of years ago at the Petit- US single distance championships. I'm a huge speedskating fan as well, but I still can't figure out the Olympic qualification process.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    One of these two looks a lot more comfortable than the other

More on the route on the Amgen ToC site According to NY Times reporter Juliet Macur, Lance has confirmed he intends to be at ToC and not the Giro.

vCash
    More on the route on the Amgen ToC site According to NY Times reporter Juliet Macur, Lance has confirmed he intends to be at ToC and not the Giro.
    Levi Leipheimer, Lance Armstrong, George Hincapie, and Dave Zabriskie have been coordinated-tweeting about their participation in the Tour of California. It's been pretty amusing.

vCash
    "Where's Alberto" is looking like the "Where's Waldo" of cycling. He's now free to leave Astana if he wants to....where will he go?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-...n-leave-astana

I remember Bob Roll saying he'd eat his hat if Contador didn't wind up on Caisse de Espargne (major spelling prob, sorry). I think he'd want to go to a better team, personally. Not too good (he's had enough of dealing with "who's the team leader?" situations), but still able to help him out.

Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast