Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Dollhouse has terrible ratings, but one of the highest numbers for people who DVR or watch it on the Internet. I don't know what that says about its future but it's not totally bad.

The actor for Alpha is indeed a Whedon alum and it's not Nick Brendon. How do you do the spoiler font?

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    type [ spoiler]your sekret text goes here [ /spoiler], but remove the spaces between the brackets.

I think Melly was so sekret that even ToolTown aka Topher didn't know about her. I think Adele is showing she's one smart cookie with a few tricks up her sleeve.

There's a lot of speculation on twop about who the mole is, or if there even is a mole (i.e. Echo's 'message' to Paul was intentional to throw him off). I want there to be a mole, and as long as it's not the execrable Topher, I'm in.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Maybe Alpha did an override on her programming? To recognize Paul and give him a message? Though I do think it's quite likely that Adele is just messing with him some more. Or Dr. Saunders is the mole since she seems to be one of the more sympathetic of the Dollhouse employees. Or Topher's assistant who he makes get him coffee. I'd betray the dbag! So many possibilities... I love that in a show!

Anyhoo, if you want to know, it's very likely, not 100%, but all of the spoiler sites say that Alpha is played by

Spoiler

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy L View Post
    Anyhoo, if you want to know, it's very likely, not 100%, but all of the spoiler sites say that Alpha is played by

Spoiler

Umm....THIS guy???

Spoiler

Last edited by PeterG; 03-22-2009 at 04:42 PM.

vCash
    Even though I really enjoy that actor's work, I'm really not sure about him playing Alpha. No offence, but I was hoping for a lot more beefcake then that...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy L View Post
    Or Topher's assistant who he makes get him coffee.
    I think it's either her or Adele.

Great, great episode.

One other thought--if Adele is the mole, then maybe Ballard is a doll too . Keeps everyone focused on him rather than the true investigation.

vCash
    Ballard is pretty enough to be a doll but there does come a point that there has to be real world people. I figured Mellie was a doll because when the actress was first cast she was listed as a doll. The character has a name in the vein of "Echo, Victor, Sierra..." but I can't remember it at the moment. I just find out it was November.

Well any way I love this episode. It's more like how the pilot should have been. It engaged the whole cast for the most point and it brought Ballard and Echo together which makes his part seem less like a second show.
    Last edited by tarotx; 03-23-2009 at 04:29 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    Ballard is pretty enough to be a doll but there does come a point that there has to be real world people.
    Agree on this. They can't all be dolls. What would be the point?

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I feel like sort of a dope, because I never saw the Mellie as a doll turn. I just assumed she was sacrificial fodder who'd be killed at some point.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    Agree on this. They can't all be dolls. What would be the point?
    A really neat conspiracy .

See, say Adele is the mole. She has Lawrence looking over her shoulder all the time. Adele sets up a diversion--namely Ballard. This attracts Lawrence's attention and makes him believe Adele is doing nothing suspect. It also gives her a bigger in to TPTB with her performance (which she knows Lawrence will promptly report). Meanwhile, she has another scheme with others inside the FBI to bring down the Dollhouse (those characters not being revealed until much later). But it's premised on everyone focusing on Ballard and not the true threat.

Just a theory, but I could see it working as a major plot twist down the road.

vCash
    Anyone still watching? This last episode was rather sad I thought.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    Anyone still watching? This last episode was rather sad I thought.
    it's tivo'd but I still haven't caught up on the episode I missed while at Worlds.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I'll be watching it on Hulu later.

Would you still consider it to be a good episode even though it was sad?
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

vCash
    I thought it was a very good but the Sierra parts were quite disturbing. I'm really hoping the Dollhouse isn't as bad as that.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I think it is that bad. It was disturbing on so many levels. It was interesting to hear Topher discuss how the *Dolls* would get their original memories back along with a lot of money when their contract expired. That explains Echo/Caroline but not Sierra. I'm becoming very fond of Victor.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I was really fighting with my tv over reception last nght and am going to have to watch it again on hulu. was the guy Sierra went to truly the person who "put" her in the Dollhouse? Or was he a client?

Paul's dream at the beginning
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    It was disturbing on so many levels.
    Yes, exactly

It was a good episode, but then I've liked all of the episodes so far.

I guess it was more tragic than sad if that makes sense. You were left with a sense of futility afterward (or at least I was).

vCash
    From what I understood, he was the guy who paid to put her there, requests her services regularly, and is also probably her rapist. He was portrayed as so evil that I was really sorry they picked Vincent Ventresca to play him (I love the actor). I don't know if this means that he's a big enough actor that we'll see the character again or if Ventresca as fallen on hard times...

I don't know why they are going so dark with Sierra, having her be abused by her handler as well just makes everything WAY too sad and horrific.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mpal2 View Post
    Would you still consider it to be a good episode even though it was sad?
    I didn't find it any more sad than any other episodes have made me feel. Maybe because this is WHEDON-ville and in some shape or form, the good guys are going to win. Eventually...

I'm becoming very fond of Victor.
    He's my husband.

Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    You were left with a sense of futility afterward (or at least I was).
    Eliza. Never. Loses.

vCash
    Finally got to Hulu it.

Although I think the waking up with no memories story line perfect for this show, I'm also a little annoyed with it. Whedon used it with Buffy and Angel. If Firefly had continued on, I'm sure he would have used it there too. If I hadn't already seen it used so often before I would have been 100% fine with the direction of the story.

I thought the episode itself was very interesting in regard to what they needed closure for.

I think it is that bad. It was disturbing on so many levels. It was interesting to hear Topher discuss how the *Dolls* would get their original memories back along with a lot of money when their contract expired. That explains Echo/Caroline but not Sierra. I'm becoming very fond of Victor.
    Was it all of their memories minus the ones that made them agree to sign up with the dollhouse? I'm a little confused about that point. Adelle was very clear about keeping her promise to keep their bad memories away from them as promised.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast