Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    vCash
    Rossum is the head of the DC Dollhouse that Bennett is the "Topher" for correct?

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I believe Rossum is the corporation in charge of all the dollhouses
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    is anyone still watching? Last week's 2 episodes made my head spin - I missed the first 30 seconds of the first episode and it took most of the episode to figure out what was going on. The 2nd ep was kind of a mess.

But tonight! Both of these episodes were amazing!! Loved Victor's ep, and once again Enver Gjokai gets the chance to showcase his stellar acting and accent skills. The Attic ep was just creeeeepy. Loved Adele turning into a slushy mess, and the twist at the end. And it was a real joy to see Reed Diamond back again - very satisfying to have those in the Attic able to connect, and in his character to stay to help those who are left.

3 weeks before the final 3 eps - I can't wait!
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    is anyone still watching?
    *raises hand*

But tonight! Both of these episodes were amazing!! Loved Victor's ep, and once again Enver Gjokai gets the chance to showcase his stellar acting and accent skills. The Attic ep was just creeeeepy. Loved Adele turning into a slushy mess, and the twist at the end. And it was a real joy to see Reed Diamond back again - very satisfying to have those in the Attic able to connect, and in his character to stay to help those who are left.

3 weeks before the final 3 eps - I can't wait!
    Enver Gjokaj is a fantastic actor! I'm currently preoccupied trying to figure out who Clyde 2.0 is. I suppose the obvious suspects are Topher, Ivy or Bennett?

vCash
    is anyone still watching?
    Me! But I got home late last night and I'll need to watch the episodes on Hulu.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilynn View Post
    Enver Gjokaj is a fantastic actor! I'm currently preoccupied trying to figure out who Clyde 2.0 is. I suppose the obvious suspects are Topher, Ivy or Bennett?
    That's what I was thinking too. Of course, while Adele was in her drinky crow mode I was considering that she was the one (they were hinting so heavily it could be a woman), but I don't think that now.

I really hope Enver Gjokaj is able to get lots of work from his experience on this show. Dollhouse has been an amazing showcase for his range.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I last night's Dollhouse tivo'd but haven't been able to watch it yet.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    That's what I was thinking too. Of course, while Adele was in her drinky crow mode I was considering that she was the one (they were hinting so heavily it could be a woman), but I don't think that now.
    I still wonder if Adele hasn't been a doll at some point. There's been allusions to it, although I suppose it could just be a red herring too.

I really hope Enver Gjokaj is able to get lots of work from his experience on this show. Dollhouse has been an amazing showcase for his range.
    Joss Whedon tends to reuse actors, so I'm sure Gjokaj will get an opportunity to be in something else Whedonesque in the future. Meanwhile he's in the movie "Stone" with DeNiro, Edward Norton and Milla Jovovich.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Wryest moment of the night (2nd episode, near the end):

Clyde to Echo: "What year is it?"

Echo: "2010...I think. We don't know how long we've been off the air."

Hottest moment of the night: Anytime Enver Gjokaj (Anton/Victor) appears on screen shirtless. But a continuity glitch...at the beginning of the first episode, Victor is (shirtlessly) fighting his army buddies and then taken out to a vehicle for transport. Next time we see him, he's in the vehicle with a T-shirt on. Well, the dude can ROCK a t-shirt, but it was funny to think his buddies threw a (teensy) t-shirt on him so he wouldn't catch cold!

I was thinking that the character of Adelle DeWitt was all over the place, but the ending of episode two brought it all together. Was she acting drunk on purpose, to make the powers that be think she was losing it and therefore not an adversary of any concern?

I can't decide who the better actor is...Enver Gjokaj as Anton/Victor or Olivia Williams as Adelle DeWitt. I'm giving the edge to Enver, but only because he gets to play different roles and the writing of DeWitt's character has some consistency flaws IMHO. But I think these two do some of the best acting on ALL of TV at this time.

The Attic ep was just creeeeepy.
    I thought the opening scene of this episode was really freaky. Sad to think we only get three more episodes!

I'm currently preoccupied trying to figure out who Clyde 2.0 is. I suppose the obvious suspects are Topher, Ivy or Bennett?
    So Clyde 2.0 would have been imprinted onto a younger person? So we don't have to look at characters who are the same age as Clyde? I had to go google Ivy and Bennett... In case others are like me, Ivy is Topher's current (Chinese?) assistant and Bennett is played by Summer Glau who has the same job that Topher does in the (Washington, DC?) dollhouse.

While we're talking Ivy, is it just me, or did she seem to come out of nowhere? And I alone in thinking she's a doll?

vCash
    Topher tried out his doll deactivier on Bennett, and she did not react, so she is not a doll (and by that token, nor is he). I think it is probably Alpha
    Last edited by CarolineL; 12-20-2009 at 11:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter G View Post
    I was thinking that the character of Adelle DeWitt was all over the place, but the ending of episode two brought it all together. Was she acting drunk on purpose, to make the powers that be think she was losing it and therefore not an adversary of any concern?
    I interpreted the scene where she uses the dolls' shower as the moment where she "cleansed" herself of Rossum and made up her mind.

So Clyde 2.0 would have been imprinted onto a younger person? So we don't have to look at characters who are the same age as Clyde?
    I thought Clyde said the imprint had probably moved bodies?

While we're talking Ivy, is it just me, or did she seem to come out of nowhere? And I alone in thinking she's a doll?
    She's been around since s1, but not in every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolineL View Post
    Topher tried out his doll deactivier on Bennett, and she did not react, so she is not a doll (and by that token, nor is he). I think it is probably Alpha
    If it was Topher he could've easily modified his deactiver (or his own active structure) to not blank himself. One could also argue that Clyde 2.0 would know the likely scenarios and would've made himself immune. Ivy seems a little too obvious.

Do you mean one of the imprints Alpha stole would be Clyde 2.0, or that he'd be the one imprinted with Clyde 2.0 while in the Dollhouse? I doubt they'd let Clyde 2.0 do normal doll assignments (which Alpha did until he got away), and Clyde 2.0 is supposed to be Clyde without the questioning orders part, and Alpha in his current stage doesn't seem too prone to follow orders to me.

vCash
    Um, I didn't expect those 2 episodes.

I am hoping that Adele is Clyde 2.0 and had learned to stop following orders but IIRC Topher used his deactivator around her. So maybe not.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

vCash
    I LOVED the ending of the last episode. It makes me smile that Joss is finally telling the story he didn't get a chance to finish properly in the last season of Angel: The Heroes take down the evil corporation from the inside I also like the metaphor that the evil corporation is powered by the brains of workers who cannot escape.

vCash
    So BOYD is the bad guy?? My my my, so MUCH to take in during these eps!!
    just my two cents...

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lurvylurker View Post
    That was going to be my entire post last night!

Quote Originally Posted by lurvylurker View Post
    So BOYD is the bad guy?? My my my, so MUCH to take in during these eps!!
    I'm not sure about this. Boyd's body is housing the bad guy, right (Rossum)? Boyd existed at some point, but his "being" is stored somewhere like Caroline's?

This was a great episode. to think there are only two more shows left. Can't see how they can wrap everything up with just two more episodes, though. Or will there be an opening left for a big screen movie as there was for Firefly?

Olivia Williams (as Adelle) was great as always. I think she definitely deserves a best supporting actress Emmy nomination!

vCash
    I think you're right Peter G, Boyd isn't necessarily the bad guy at all. In fact, now that I've had some time to "digest" the ep, I wonder if maybe he really is someone who has been working with Caroline all along to bring down the dollhouse - their meeting in Clyde's office may have even have been staged, perhaps so she could gain entry to the inner sanctum. it would explain why he was so sincerely protective of her all along. I suspect Caroline was in fact some sort of "secret agent" before becoming a doll - she just had too much knowledge, skills and resources to stalk/set up Bennett and blow up the Rossum building alone. It will be VERY interesting to see what her first words are when she sees Boyd!

Am so glad the network is allowing the writers to wrap up the story rather than just chopping the series off partway through...at least we the viewers get some resolution, and we can see how good the series concept was! and both hubby and I would DEFINITELY go see a theatrical movie if one came out!
    just my two cents...

vCash
    I thought it was another really great episode on Friday. Was a bit about Boyd being the Rossum host, just because I lurve the role he's had in the show to date - but gotta say, the way they put it together made me a believer.

I hope the S2 dvd is packed with extras... I didn't buy the S1 one yet, I'm hoping they release an entire series set, since it's not that many episodes.

vCash
    I so did not see the Boyd-thing coming! I'm not sure if he'd still be the same guy though, whatwith the body hopping. I also didn't expect Dr Saunders to off Bennett.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I also didn't expect Dr Saunders to off Bennett.
    Am I the only one hoping Bennett is still alive somehow? Bullets through the head aren't always lethal, right?

vCash
    So, am I the only one getting a previous and close relationship vibe between Caroline/Echo and DeWitt? DeWitt's commentary was getting rather personal and familiar with Echo/Caroline in the last two episodes... Caroline is her PITA daughter maybe? It would explain Caroline's obsession with Rossum...

I started to see the Boyd think coming a while ago, but I didn't see him as 2nd in command to Clyde! And Whiskey/Saunders offing Bennett was perfectly ! But yeah, the last few episodes have really gotten intense and deft at wrapping up all the connections and loose ends. Sad to see the show go, but I definitely am looking forward to these last two episodes...

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast