Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    vCash

Fox is scheduled to show the rest of the season...

The current plan for the remaining "Dollhouse" episodes:

Dec. 4 - 8:00PM-10:00PM (Episodes 5 & 6)
    Dec. 11 - 8:00PM-10:00PM (Episodes 7 & 8)
    Dec. 18 - 8:00PM-10:00PM (Episodes 9 & 10)

Jan. 8 - 9:00PM-10:00PM (Episode 11)
    Jan. 15 - 9:00PM-10:00PM (Episode 12)
    Jan. 22 - 9:00PM-10:00PM (Episode 13 / Series Finale)

vCash
    How Fox is counting the episodes, and how Joss is counting them, differs. I'm not sure of the particulars of that (others who are interested can look it up), but from what Joss and others have said, the show was originally designed to end at what he calls episode 12 (which Fox lists as 13), but they wrote some sort of additional episode, which Fox does not plan to air.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Gah!!!

Not surprised but I'm still bummed
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    One of the highlights of my week and especially Friday Night, as I never go out.

This was a really great show that just went to the wrong network. It would have worked out much better on SciFi or as an HBO/Showtime series.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LordCirque View Post
    This was a really great show that just went to the wrong network. It would have worked out much better on SciFi or as an HBO/Showtime series.
    Dushku had a contract with Fox. That's why it was on Fox.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilynn View Post
    Dushku had a contract with Fox. That's why it was on Fox.
    Unfortunately for her, this is her second show that didn't make it. I don't think they'll give her a 3rd. Maybe some other network will look at a pilot.

I watched this the first season, but lost interest. It would appear most of the viewing audience did the same. Too bad because it had promise.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Maybe we should start up a peititon or something to send to Whedon for negotiation to have Showtime or HBO pick it up.

vCash
    This show is getting better too with the upcoming episodes. It's a pretty sad day for me. I still bitter about Firefly so yeah-this show would have even worked better on FX

Eliza actually has a contract with the FOX production company - not the broadcasting station. It's just cheaper for FOX to offer their shows to Fox broadcasting. FOX production co actually will have made money on the show so I don't think Eliza's contract is in trouble. Who knows though. Also both her show did go 2 season which is good for the production co because of DVD sales.

Also GarrAarghHrumph the articles you read about episode 13 might have been talking about season 1 episode 13. It was the Future-What the Dollhouse helps bring about. It was really great and is only on the DVD's. A lot of fans wish Fox broadcasting would of /will air it because it brings another dimension to the series.

vCash
    I think Eliza works better as a supporting character than carrying a show. She was great as Faith in Buffy, but when she has to be a character with more depth, she doesn't do that well IMO. I like her, but just haven't liked her shows where she's the main character.

vCash
    Just a reminder that the last new episodes of Dollhouse will be shown beginning tonight. 2 episodes each week, I think, until they're done Be there or be square!
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Joss&co have had enough time to "end" the show so they are now looking at it as a 26 hour mini series. I heard all the remaining episodes are great. I can't wait!!

vCash
    Had they already filmed the final episodes when word was handed down?

vCash
    Joss seems to like Summer Glauu to play spaced out characters. I liked her as River Tam better though.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LordCirque View Post
    Had they already filmed the final episodes when word was handed down?
    I believe they were in the middle of filming episode 11 (out of 13) when they got word of cancellation.

Tonight's episodes started out so strong. LOVED the reveal of Wesley Wyndham-Pryce being a doll!!!! Things got a little nutty after that though - I loved having the LA team come to DC and go head to head with the DC dollhouse, and getting another opportunity to see Enver Gjokaj's uncanny ability to portray other characters was a real treat. But Summer Glau's character was a shade too quirky to be interesting, and some of the continuity in the 2nd episode was a bit Especially at the end - I swear one moment Echo is telling Perrin that they can be truly free, and when we get back from commercial there he is testifying in front of the subcommittee exactly what he had been programmed to say. Did I blink and completely miss something? Cause that was weird.

Nice interaction between Madeleine and Ballard on the street - sad that Madeleine is being forced back into active status

Looking forward to seeing more details on how Caroline and Bennet knew each other and what happened.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Loved seeing Wesley again, and I liked the trick that he was the doll. It's still a depressing show, but I will certainly watch all the remaining episodes.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I loved the two hours. Especially keeping in mind what the future from Epitaph One (S1E13) holds.

Great interview with Joss about Dollhouse+
    http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....ss-whedon.html
    Last edited by tarotx; 12-06-2009 at 05:25 AM.

vCash
    I still have never seen Epitaph One

vCash
    You won't have to, to understand what happens but it does make season 2 a little more powerful having seen it.

vCash
    NOw they start airing the good episodes, Figures the good episodes start airing AFTER the ratings dropped and get canceled. SIGH.

That said, much as I love the show, I don't see it sustaining 6 seasons and staying interesting.

I hope we get more of Viktor's real identity before the conclusion.

I fecking loved Summer Gleau's character, I can't wait to see how her past with Caroline plays into everything, as she referred to Echo as Caroline and not Echo, so that will be interesting.

vCash
    Remember in season 1 episode 7 "echoes" Adelle tells Caroline they they've been playing this cat and mouse game for 2 years. Caroline was an idealist fighting Rossum about Animal research. I think that will come into play with the Bennett/Caroline past. I'm going to have to rewatch that episode now.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast