Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

Dollhouse (threads merged)

From Fox.com:

Joss Whedon, creator of the groundbreaking cult favorites, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," and "Firefly," returns to television and reunites with fellow "Buffy" alumna, Eliza Dushku, for a thrilling new drama, DOLLHOUSE.

ECHO (Dushku) is an "Active," a member of a highly illegal and underground group of individuals who have had their personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas. Hired by the wealthy, powerful and connected, the Actives don't just perform their hired roles, they wholly become -- with mind, personality and physiology -- whomever the client wants or needs them to be. Whether imprinted to be a lover, an assassin, a corporate negotiator or a best friend, the Actives know no other life than the specific engagements they are in at that time.
    Eliza Dushka is best known for playing the character of Faith on Buffy The Vampire Slayer. She also starred in the TV series Tru Calling and has appeared on Ugly Betty, That 70's Show and King Of The Hill.

A one-minute Youtube preview of the series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WwPpfyPUC8

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'm watching.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I'm watching.
    I'm watching too, but I'm not sure I understand Whedon's fascination with Eliza Dushku.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I'm watching.
    Should I bring popcorn or chips?

Quote Originally Posted by galaxygirl View Post
    I'm watching too, but I'm not sure I understand Whedon's fascination with Eliza Dushku.
    Eliza Dushku is GOD!!!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I really hope I like this show, but it's gotten mixed reviews at best. Even the ones that are generally positive say it takes some time to develop. But I loved Buffy and Angel, so I'll definitely give it a shot.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    i'll tape it to see if i like it. i LOVED buffy and i like eliza dushku. i was bummed when tru calling got the ax.

vCash
    Not to be a nag, but in the thread title mentions his name as 'Josh' and not 'Joss'.

I always remember Eliza Dushku from Bring it On (the only Kirsten Dunst movie I can tolerate).

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I want a kimono, that was cute
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    who were the people in the room at the end where the tape of Eliza Dushku in her previous life was playing?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I wondered that too. Were they family? They never said exactly what she did to end up in the clutches of the dollhouse people. The start was sort of like La Femme Nikita, one of my favorite shows until the totally bogus ending.

The review I read today said with her changing personality/memories it would be difficult for the audience to develop a rapport with the character. I'm assuming the *treatment* won't completely work each time.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I suspect the character watching the video was the rogue "active" they mentioned, but I think that is one of the larger arcs that will be developing over the season - just like her trying to discover her true self.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I don't think he has a particular fascination with her. Eliza had a development deal with FOX, and she asked Joss for advice. Their business lunch ended up being a four hour brainstorming session that birthed Dollhouse.

A few of Echo's lines sounded like Joss was pretending that they were being said by Summer Glau, who he does have a major fascination with. But she was already taken by the show that's on an hour before!

Anyways, I thought Dollhouse was okay. It didn't grab me instantly like all the other Whedon shows, but I do see the potential. I could definitely tell that this was THE ELIZA DUSHKU SHOW starring and produced by Eliza Dushku. One of the major plusses about Joss's works is that every character is fleshed out, not just the main stars but also the cranky principal or Evil Girl Puppet. Every person that shows up has a story behind them whether it ever gets featured or not. I hope that will happen with Dollhouse as well.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    Not to be a nag, but in the thread title mentions his name as 'Josh' and not 'Joss'.
    fixed

I was going to watch this tonight, but my tv has a hard time with reception of FOX and it wasn't happening this evening.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    fixed

vCash
    I do. She has been my number one dream girl for at LEAST 10 years. INCREDIBLE woman.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    I do. She has been my number one dream girl for at LEAST 10 years. INCREDIBLE woman.
    It must be a guy thing, cause I don't get it.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    It took me awhile to get into this show. The beginning was boring but towards the end I actually enjoyed it.

Most pilot shows are better after the pilot episode. I will watch a few shows then make a decision on it.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    It took me awhile to get into this show. The beginning was boring but towards the end I actually enjoyed it.
    I enjoyed it more than I was expecting to. I do think they should have waited a bit to introduce the FBI guy, letting us get used to the characters and the show and then introducing the mystery about Echo's background.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    Just found this thread. Can we expect repeats if we missed it?
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mpal2 View Post
    Just found this thread. Can we expect repeats if we missed it?
    Fox has it online. Here is the direct link to the video: http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=dollhouse. You apparently need to install some software to view it.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast