Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1023
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    16,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    USA is at home to T&T today. Just one amoung 34 WC qualifiers in total world wide. Australia could be the first team to qualify for the WC today if they win aginst Uzbeckistan and currently they are in the lead 2:0. England is at home to Ukraine, Italy is at home to Ireland, Brazil is at home to Peru, Boliva is at home to Argentina. North Korea is at home to South Korea. Are any of the WC qualifiers on tv?

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    16,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    There are several games still going on...

    Germany beats Wales 2:0
    Bahrain over Qatar 1:0
    South Korea over North Korea 1:0
    Bosnia over Belgium 2:1
    Belarus over Kazakhstan 5:1
    Australia over Uzbekistan 2:0
    Bulgaria over Cyprus 2:0
    Netherlands over Macedonia 4:0

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    16,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    England over Ukraine 2:1 and I hope to at least see highlights of these games on GOLtv.

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    16,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    BOLIVIA DEREATS ARGENTINA 6-1 IN LA PAZ

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The River of Grass
    Age
    72
    Posts
    3,970
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    BOLIVIA DEREATS ARGENTINA 6-1 IN LA PAZ
    If you are used to playing in a stadium that is 10,000 feet above sea level you'll usually beat a team that is not used to playing at 10,000 feet above sea level. Plus, Bolivia has a decent team that is underrated by many despite being near the bottom on the CONMEBOL table. Diego gets his 1st bitter taste of CONMEBOL WC qualifying...

    On a more important note: USA 3 - 0 TnT....

    NJL
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 04-02-2009 at 12:44 PM.

  6. #46
    Prick Admin
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Having a kiki
    Posts
    42,414
    vCash
    506
    Rep Power
    26080
    Italy 1 Ireland 1

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Isla Tortuga, Thailand
    Age
    32
    Posts
    13,327
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Italy 1 Ireland 1

    La Suisse beat Moldova abroad and at home

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The River of Grass
    Age
    72
    Posts
    3,970
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Cool

    CONCACAF

    USA 3 - 0 TnT - 19 year old Jozy Altidore gets his 1st USMNT hat trick on 3 assists by Landon Donovan
    Costa Rica 1 - 0 El Salvador
    Honduras 3 - 1 Mexico

    Standings/Table

    USA.....................7 points
    Costa Rica............6
    Honduras..............4
    Mexico.................3
    El Salvador............2
    TnT.....................2

    El Sal leads TnT on goal differential.

    That's it for CONCACAF until June.

    NJL

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    16,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    OH MY POOR SWEAT T&T!!!!

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The River of Grass
    Age
    72
    Posts
    3,970
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    OH MY POOR SWEAT T&T!!!!
    Sweat? Do you mean sweet?

    NJL (TnT will sweat to get out of last place.... ...)

    ETA: Sven-Goran Ericsson was fired as Mexico's National team manager today after the 3-1 loss to Honduras. This was not unexpected since the 2-0 loss to the USA along with some other rather poor team performances put his job in jeopardy. Whoever takes his place will be Mexico's 5th manager in the last 4 years.
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 04-02-2009 at 10:57 PM.

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southern CA
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,513
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    A much better game this time out for the USA. but I'm still not thrilled with Bradley's lineup. Sure inserting Altidore and moving Donovan to midfield paid off, But I'm not thrilled at all with the thought of Beasley as a LB. And Mastroeni is fine in qualifying, but he's almost a certain Red Card when the USA plays for real in the WC. That's just the way he plays.

    I hope Bradley rethinks things over the next two months. BTW, if this doesn't earn Altidore a starting spot for the time being, something is clearly wrong.

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    16,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    my bad spelling has gotten me in trouble again... buggers....

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The River of Grass
    Age
    72
    Posts
    3,970
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    my bad spelling has gotten me in trouble again... buggers....

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The River of Grass
    Age
    72
    Posts
    3,970
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    A much better game this time out for the USA. but I'm still not thrilled with Bradley's lineup. Sure inserting Altidore and moving Donovan to midfield paid off, But I'm not thrilled at all with the thought of Beasley as a LB. And Mastroeni is fine in qualifying, but he's almost a certain Red Card when the USA plays for real in the WC. That's just the way he plays.

    I hope Bradley rethinks things over the next two months. BTW, if this doesn't earn Altidore a starting spot for the time being, something is clearly wrong.
    I don't think Bradley is thrilled either. He's got to play those he's got & last night was not a bad roll of the dice for him. Donovan, Beasley & Altidore owned the USA's left side of the field for most of the night, and Altidore's performance was outstanding. If he's available he's got to start. Mastro played his best game in ages. Very solid performance. Little got past him.

    Overall an excellent 3 points earned. But, away at Costa Rica & home vs Honduras in June followed by an away date vs Mexico in Azteca, a stadium & country that has never seen a US victory, will tell the tale. If they can survive that stretch with 5 points earned they'll be doing well. It won't be easy.

    NJL (who has actually been impressed w/BB's handling of the team... ...)

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southern CA
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,513
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJLeonard View Post
    I don't think Bradley is thrilled either. He's got to play those he's got & last night was not a bad roll of the dice for him. Donovan, Beasley & Altidore owned the USA's left side of the field for most of the night, and Altidore's performance was outstanding. If he's available he's got to start. Mastro played his best game in ages. Very solid performance. Little got past him.

    Overall an excellent 3 points earned. But, away at Costa Rica & home vs Honduras in June followed by an away date vs Mexico in Azteca, a stadium & country that has never seen a US victory, will tell the tale. If they can survive that stretch with 5 points earned they'll be doing well. It won't be easy.

    NJL (who has actually been impressed w/BB's handling of the team... ...)
    I've got to admit that for the first time in a few WC cycles, I'm not too optimistic about the USA's chances. The young players will likely be too young next year, and the older people are getting old fast. Perhaps 2014 will be better, but at this point I'll be very surprised if the USA gets out of the first round next year.

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    16,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Results from last week's UEFA Cup matches. There are two Ukrainian teams in this last eight and I am so surprised. This must be one of the best seasons for Ukrainian football.

    http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/index.html

  17. #57
    GPF Barcelona here I come
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    Posts
    9,175
    vCash
    334
    Rep Power
    35188
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    L I V E R P O O L

    MAN U needs to lose.. nothing really else to say
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

    "Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

  18. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    16,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    MAN U needs to lose.. nothing really else to say
    Hey! I'm a Man U fan, and I hope they win...

    BTW Better late than never. My condolences to the family and friends of Ukrainian U-21 Captain Maxim Pashayev. The 20 y.o. was killed in an auto accident in December. Just read about it in the FourFourTwo magazine.

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    16,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Three out of the four teams remaining in the CL are English. Not sure if to applaud or cry. As much as I love Man U.... I am routing for Barca.

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    16,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Barca tied 0-0 with Liverpool yesterday and Man U beat Arsenal 1-0. The return leg will be next week on the 6th. Hopefully the final wil be between Braca and Man U.

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •