• Big 10 Conference with 12 members

7 38.89%
  • Big East Conference with a Texas member

9 50.00%
  • Michelle Kwan

5 27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    vCash

Which is Sillier: Big 10 with 12 members, or Big East with a Texas School?

TCU may join the Big East?!! First of all, this would have been AWESOME this year, because first of all -- the Big East stinks like wool underwear. And second, more importantly, because there is a chance -- albeit a small chance -- that TCU could go undefeated and still miss a BCS bowl. (Would require the BCS bowl committees with at-large selections passing over TCU in favor of Boise State and two "2nd" BCS conference selections -- most likely a Big 10 and SEC school.)

For the record, I say that Boise loses to Nevada, and this scenario goes POOF! And ALSO that Auburn gets blown out by Bama, and they and their cheating Heisman candidate go POOF, enabling TCU to go all the way from possibly being robbed of a BCS berth to the BCS Championship game!

Anyway, less seriously, I find both the Big East with a Texas university included *and* a Big 10 with 11/soon-to-be 12 members to be just prescious. Which is more silly?

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I voted that both are sillier. Silly me.

In 2011, the Big 10 will have 12 and the Big 12 will have 10. That is silliest of all!

And here in the ACC we think it is silly to have a member located above the Mason Dixon line. (Boston College).

The PAC 10 will have 12, but at least they are renaming themselves the PAC 12.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Since the Big Ten has had eleven members for a couple of decades now, I don't find adding a twelfth school to the conference that funny -- it's better to understate than overstate your case (i.e. Big 12 with only 10). Of course, I'm a bit biased. We will have to rework our logo somehow, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    Since the Big Ten has had eleven members for a couple of decades now, I don't find adding a twelfth school to the conference that funny -- it's better to understate than overstate your case (i.e. Big 12 with only 10). Of course, I'm a bit biased. We will have to rework our logo somehow, though.
    I was a Big 10 school, pretty cool logo, I thought

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    Since the Big Ten has had eleven members for a couple of decades now, I don't find adding a twelfth school to the conference that funny
    So, are you're saying
    1) I can't do a poll just for the silliness factor? or
    2) I should've done this poll a few years before FSU existed?

or

3) Michelle Kwan wuzrobbed!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I voted for Michelle.

I'm not sure that I'm liking having 12 teams in the Big 10, but I can say with enthusiasm...

Go Michigan State!!!

attending the Mad Hatter's Tea Party at ISU Headquarters!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I voted that both are sillier. Silly me.

In 2011, the Big 10 will have 12 and the Big 12 will have 10. That is silliest of all!
    They're both equally silly.

And here in the ACC we think it is silly to have a member located above the Mason Dixon line. (Boston College).
    At least ACC stands for Atlantic Coast Conference and Boston is on the Atlantic Coast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    So, are you're saying
    1) I can't do a poll just for the silliness factor? or
    2) I should've done this poll a few years before FSU existed?

or

3) Michelle Kwan wuzrobbed!
    None of the above! You shouldn't have included the Big 10 (12) without also including the Big 12 (10).

And I say that in this poll Purple wuz robbed!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I assume it wont be long before new names come up for the Big 10 and eventually one will stick. It has to be renamed, it really must.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I assume it wont be long before new names come up for the Big 10 and eventually one will stick. It has to be renamed, it really must.
    I really don't think it will be anytime soon. We've lived with 11 schools in the Big Ten for twenty years now, adding a 12th won't make much of a difference. "Big Ten" has significant "brand name" value -- it's the oldest Division 1 college conference in the U.S. and goes back more than a century.

vCash
    I voted for "Big East Conference with a Texas member," but I should retract that, since Dallas Cowboys are part of NFC East in the NFL. So maybe not too silly.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    I voted for "Big East Conference with a Texas member," but I should retract that, since Dallas Cowboys are part of NFC East in the NFL. So maybe not too silly.
    And Arizona used to be in the NFC East. Not just silly, but plain wrong.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    The Big 12 problem can be solved by just giving the conference a more logical and factual name like "The Longhorn Conference" or "The Big Texas Conference" or "Texas + nine schools that do not matter and better go along with whatever we want".