Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,709
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    women's volleyball world championships in Japan

    Anyone else following this?

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,975
    vCash
    1670
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Anyone else following this?
    Me... it is very exciting to see 200 cms tall women surrounding a much smaller coach, who probably shouting at them.

    Japan , Brazil, US and Russia are unbeaten after 5 matches.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    2,053
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8493
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Me... it is very exciting to see 200 cms tall women surrounding a much smaller coach, who probably shouting at them.
    .
    Sadly, Nikolai Karpol is retired. Just as well since we avoided all the with Artamonova marrying that American guy, who used to be married to Karpol's daughter.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,975
    vCash
    1670
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    Sadly, Nikolai Karpol is retired. Just as well since we avoided all the with Artamonova marrying that American guy, who used to be married to Karpol's daughter.
    Karpol was funny and scary at the same time, his shouting was legendary. I still remmeber him shouting at Gamova, that girl was almost 2 foot taller than him.

    I don't remember Artamanova drama, only think i remember is that she was a big women and had a tattoo.
    Last edited by Domshabfan; 11-04-2010 at 01:50 PM.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,709
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I can't wait to see China vs. Japan and Korea vs. Japan!!

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,709
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Karpol was funny and scary at the same time, his shouting was legendary. I still remmeber him shouting at Gamova, that girl was almost 2 foot taller than him.

    I don't remember Artamanova drama, only think i remember is that she was a big women and had a tattoo.

    Karpol used to always yell at Ogienko.. I heard they got married?

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,975
    vCash
    1670
    Rep Power
    0
    Russia and Brazil are still unbeaten and very close to securing semi-final spots, US and Japan have lost one match each and have made thinks interesting in their groups.

    New star of the tournament so far Kosheleva, great spiker.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,975
    vCash
    1670
    Rep Power
    0
    Semi-final line up

    USA Vs Russia

    Brazil Vs Japan.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,709
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Looks like Russia vs. Brazil in the final.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,975
    vCash
    1670
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Looks like Russia vs. Brazil in the final.
    That will be exciting but i think American girls are great fighters and work as a team very well.

    So far I am very impressed by how russian has been playing, they are a team full of talents and they always under perform, their 1+1 is always < 2. So fingers crossed for them.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,709
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    well the american girls aren't playing as good as they can at the moment. As for the Russians, they are just really tall.. The russians average height of the team is 1.88cm(6'2").

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,975
    vCash
    1670
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    well the american girls aren't playing as good as they can at the moment. As for the Russians, they are just really tall.. The russians average height of the team is 1.88cm(6'2").
    Really tall girls from russia retained their world title. Gamova was the star of the match... Kosheleva looked like scared puppy for most of the match and i will never pick a fight with nathalia(Bra) even i ever meet her.

    i can't believe how much trouble Startseva's serve was giving to Brazil in the first set. Both the teams would have deserved the title if they had won today's match considering they were unbeaten in the tournament. brazilian girls are a lot younger than russians and can be as dominant as Cuba was in 1990s

    And how wonderful to see Japan beat USA, so volleyball is not all about height and talent does matter. Go Japan
    Last edited by Domshabfan; 11-14-2010 at 01:21 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •